The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

_joshb_
o2 isn't produced during aerobic respiration..?

he means the amount of o2 taken in is equivalent to the amount of co2 produced during aerobic respiration.
Reply 1361
Topic 7: Run for your life

This topic is centred on the physiological adaptations that enable animals and humans, particularly sports people, to undertake strenuous exercise. It explores the links between an animal’s physiology and its performance. The topic summarises the biochemical requirements for respiration and looks at the links between homeostasis, muscle physiology and performance. It ends by looking at how medical technology is enabling more people to participate in sport, and by raising the issue as to whether the use of performance-enhancing substances by athletes can be justified.

Topic 8: Grey matter

The scene is set by considering how the working of the nervous system enables us to see. Brain imaging and the regions of the brain are considered. The topic also demonstrates how an understanding of brain structure and functioning is relevant to such issues as the response to stimuli, the development of vision and learning. It investigates how imbalances in brain chemicals may result in conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and its treatment with drugs are investigated. Students discuss the ethical issues raised by the Human Genome Project and the risks and benefits of using genetically modified organisms.

Download the Scientific Article for June 2011
Reply 1362
so guys any one got sample questions ??
its out already???!!??
I dont think my teachers know that. I think I'll tell them tomorrow so I can talk about it freely in school without them realising there are ways to get ANY document that require the login details on the edexcel website
I didnt know this was out, well now I do. I just haope this exam goes well
our teachers are soo crap, they didnt even know there was something called 'advanced notice'. We had to let them know. We are wayyy behind in the specification, not even a third way through. our college follow a no-entry in january exams and have 2 teachers. 1 teaches 6bi04, the other 6bi05. Since september they have been teaching, and were not even a third way through both of them. I cant believe it! Our class is going to fail big time!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1366
Original post by tkoki1993
its out already???!!??
I dont think my teachers know that. I think I'll tell them tomorrow so I can talk about it freely in school without them realising there are ways to get ANY document that require the login details on the edexcel website

ok plz let us knw !!
It'd be good if we can annotate the June '11 article together as a group and highlight the main possible topics worth super-revising!

Obviously muscles is the main one to look, and sport-performance enhancing drugs....perhaps worth looking over genetics again?
Original post by MishMash1
our teachers are soo crap, they didnt even know there was something called 'advanced notice'. We had to let them know. We are wayyy behind in the specification, not even a third way through. our college follow a no-entry in january exams and have 2 teachers. 1 teaches 6bi04, the other 6bi05. Since september they have been teaching, and were not even a third way through both of them. I cant believe it! Our class is going to fail big time!

awhhh yehh same...i feel soo unpreparedd for these unit 4 and 5 exams...its unreal...
one teacher does unit 4 and the other is doing unit 5...
and unit 4 teacher her father passed away recently so she missed like half the stuff?!
and unit 5 teacher might be quitting her job or getting fired after easter break
so we havent finished our syllabus
and this week we have mock exams?! like wdf?! :s-smilie:
*joins this thread* :tongue:
Reply 1370
ohh no one got sample questions ??
Reply 1371
any1 got the January 2011 paper for this ?
Reply 1372
Any1n got da Examiner Reports for the June 10 unit 4 & 5?
Plz send the link!!
this exam is going to kill me.

:banghead:
Reply 1374
Original post by jklm123
any1 got the January 2011 paper for this ?

yea Jan 11 unit 5 ryt?

I got it! just pm me yu'r id.
I done this exam before Unit 4 in January. Got 104/120. Am really worried about Unit 4 lol.
Reply 1376
Original post by blush.ox
this exam is going to kill me.

:banghead:

why do u say so ??
Original post by dush_2
why do u say so ??

i find bio prty hard in general, but this unit is just alot lol, spec topic 8 :sad:
Reply 1378
Original post by blush.ox
i find bio prty hard in general, but this unit is just alot lol, spec topic 8 :sad:

btw hv u got some sample questions for the article ??
Hey, time for me to join in...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending