The Student Room Group

Does anyone else find really intelligent guys (oxbridge types) attractive?

Scroll to see replies

TSR girls most certainly will say "Yes."

Girls in the real world much prefer brutes that have money because they dropped out of school and have a job like joinery/plumbing/electrician.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by infernalcradle
I'msoacademic will only every consider an oxbridge boy.....

And even then only those who go to one of the better colleges.
Original post by EmilyMcB
My question is where do I find them?! Haha.

Pretty obvious, isn't it?
Does that work both ways? I prefer dumb bishes cause it's easier to blow smoke up their ass. But then again, i'm not looking for a proper relationship.
Reply 44
It seems you're assuming that you only hold the tags "intelligent" and "ambitions" if you're going to, are studying at or have been to Oxbridge.

Well, I'm intelligent. I'm very, very ambitious, and I'm not even going to Uni and hold nothing higher then Us in my A2s at present. :h:

However, far be it from me to break a trend. :wink: So I'll just keep on riding. :colone:

(If that was your assumption, of course. :colondollar:)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by im so academic
Pretty obvious, isn't it?

Not when you don't go to Oxbridge. Not like Im going to travel to England and hang around the campus in hopes of bumping into an intelligent man! lol. There are plenty of intelligent men at my uni, so I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. haha :biggrin:
Original post by DH-Biker
It seems you're assuming that you only hold the tags "intelligent" and "ambitions" if you're going to, are studying at or have been to Oxbridge.

Well, I'm intelligent. I'm very, very ambitious, and I'm not even going to Uni and hold nothing higher then Us in my A2s at present. :h:

However, far be it from me to break a trend. :wink: So I'll just keep on riding. :colone:

(If that was your assumption, of course. :colondollar:)

Is it not slightly conceited to call yourself intelligent? Surely its for other people to recognise rather than by informing the world about it?
Reply 47
I've never been out with someone who wasn't from Oxbridge. :p:

But this isn't as much of an achievement as it sounds, just means I was a complete social failure at school.
Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
I've never been out with someone who wasn't from Oxbridge. :p:

But this isn't as much of an achievement as it sounds, just means I was a complete social failure at school.

Lucky you - but I fail to see how that makes you a "complete social failure".
Reply 49
Original post by planetconwy1
Is it not slightly conceited to call yourself intelligent? Surely its for other people to recognise rather than by informing the world about it?

Not really. You can know a lot about a subject (for example, biking or military history) and claim to be intelligent in that area, wouldn't you agree?

Judging by your sig, in 5 years you could claim to be intelligent about Medicine and Surgery. No?

At least, that's my way of looking at it. I'd call anyone intelligent who knows a fair ol' bit about a subject. I'd call a Mathematician intelligent, I'd call a Poet intelligent, I'd call a Mechanic intelligent. By default, I'd call myself "intelligent" as I have a fairly good knowledge of bike mechanics, how to ride them and what's good/bad about them. Likewise, I'd call myself intelligent in military history, and in areas such as tactics, strategy, logistics, etc.

But again, that's just how I'd tag someone as intelligent, and how I'd tag myself in certain areas. However, give me a GCSE or above Mathematical question, and I'll become a confused mess. :colondollar:
Reply 50
Original post by clara78
are you talking about arranged marriages? if you are then its not like that lot of people have a misconception about arranged marriages because of the way its shown in the media a lot of people i know have had arranged marriages and they were successful look at love marriages they don't exactly work out do they i mean look at the divorce rate in the UK.

What?? :s-smilie: No...I didn't mention arranged marriages once! Where are you getting this from?
Is it because they see Oxbridge types as likely to have more money than us working-class urchins that, I'm sorry, attended lesser universities...so ergo, are more likely to keep you in Ugg boots and fake tan?? It's a bit of a generalisation really isn't it, that Oxbridge types are going to more "intelligent" than say other people. Whilst it may or may not be true-intelligence comes in many forms and the sooner you realise that the better. The sun DOES NOT shine out of peoples' arses who go to Oxbridge. People need to stop thinking that on TSR.
Reply 52
Original post by im so academic
Lucky you - but I fail to see how that makes you a "complete social failure".

Well, when I was at school I still wanted to go out with guys there who weren't at Oxbridge (obviously) but it never happened for a variety of reasons which basically added up to my social failure (too shy, being the annoyingly clever one, not having the right trendy clothes etc). It was only really after a while at uni that I started to find my feet a bit more.
Intelligence is a turn-on :u:.
Reply 54
Original post by Lewroll
Am I the first one to say that just because you got into oxbridge it doesn't mean you are intelligent. A levels aren't a measure of intelligence. (note: I'm not an angry jealous oxbrudge reject ¬_¬)

Exactly!! I like someone with wit and intellect but I'm not gonna be like YOU GOT A B :O GET OUT OF MY FACE! Some of the most intellectual, ambitious people are not academically amazing on paper. Doesn't mean ****!

And OP it's not that intelligence is the deciding factor as much as I can't be attracted to someone that is so thick they can't keep up when conversing with me? Doesn't mean I don't care about the other stuff though or that I go "woo you're a nerd! Take me now!" :tongue:

(I didn't mean that to sound like only intelligent people understand me either :/)
Original post by DH-Biker
Not really. You can know a lot about a subject (for example, biking or military history) and claim to be intelligent in that area, wouldn't you agree?

Judging by your sig, in 5 years you could claim to be intelligent about Medicine and Surgery. No?

At least, that's my way of looking at it. I'd call anyone intelligent who knows a fair ol' bit about a subject. I'd call a Mathematician intelligent, I'd call a Poet intelligent, I'd call a Mechanic intelligent. By default, I'd call myself "intelligent" as I have a fairly good knowledge of bike mechanics, how to ride them and what's good/bad about them. Likewise, I'd call myself intelligent in military history, and in areas such as tactics, strategy, logistics, etc.

But again, that's just how I'd tag someone as intelligent, and how I'd tag myself in certain areas. However, give me a GCSE or above Mathematical question, and I'll become a confused mess. :colondollar:

I do sort of see your point.
Reply 56
Original post by planetconwy1
I do sort of see your point.

I didn't explain it too well, haha! :colondollar:
Reply 57
Intelligent people don't waste time talking about intelligence.
Reply 58
Yeah,
Christ Church, Oxford here.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and think 'FUARK, YOU ARE SEXY'

Haha, I kid. I'm not (that) self gratifying.
Yes :coma: Intelligence is a complete turn-on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending