The Student Room Group

who would you choose? parents or dream boyfriend/girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by imperial maniac
If it was the parents saying "You can't be with her because we don't approve." I would go with the girl.

If it was the girl saying "If you want to be with me you must cut off your parents forever" I would tell the girl to do one.

This, probably. I tend to think if someone tries to force you to choose between someone else and them, that's not a very good sign.
Reply 21
I don't really get on with my parents and i barely see them now so i'd pick the partner
Original post by Liam 09
I would ignore them and stay with my partner.

I'd pick my ****ing pet gerbil over the lot of them!
Original post by righteous

Original post by righteous
Parents. I value my own flesh and blood over anything else this world has to offer.

I second this completely, what if it doesn't work out with your boyfriend or girlfriend, your parents are the ones that are there for you, blood is 100 percent thicker than water :yep: (unless you don't talk to your parents and they aren't really in your life)
Boyfriends/girlfriends come and go....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
parents.....I dont believe there is only one dream partner, the world is full of good people so you 're bound to find someone who balance your partner and family.
Reply 25
Original post by lonelykatana

Okay ..
Reply 26
Original post by ilovelife1234
I second this completely, what if it doesn't work out with your boyfriend or girlfriend, your parents are the ones that are there for you, blood is 100 percent thicker than water :yep: (unless you don't talk to your parents and they aren't really in your life)
Boyfriends/girlfriends come and go....

Yeah, I love them unconditionally and absolutely. True, blood is definitely thicker than water:smile:!
Original post by jaydoh
Just to point out, I am a firm non believer in true love at such a young age anyway. So it's purely hypothetical :smile:

You think you have to be a certain age before you can experience true love?
Original post by Dumdedoobie
You think you have to be a certain age before you can experience true love?

In a way. I think a lot of people might "think" they're in love with their first loves and what not whilst lacking the emotional maturity to realise it's not-I'm talking young young here. But then I'm cynical about most things to do with love, so...
Reply 29
Dream partner, ultimately, if the parents are that controlling then there'll just be a different issue down the line that you fall out over. I would definitely make sure it was my dream partner first though.
Dream partner if you really love them. You can't let your parents control your life and who you like.
Original post by d123
This, probably. I tend to think if someone tries to force you to choose between someone else and them, that's not a very good sign.

I agree. :yep:
Dream boyfriend that I love and would end up marrying? Of course FTW!! I wouldn't let anyone control me over I should be with...
Reply 33
My parents LOVE him. If they didn't, I'd stay with him. He's my world.
my parents have just learned to accept it!
Original post by lonelykatana

Good call! My cat would win hands down :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending