The Student Room Group

how do you cope with really busy partners!?

my bf works a lot, a lot of overtime too because he got himself into debt. This means, he's tired/busy most of the time and can't text me back. He hasn't texted me back since i sa whim at work on friday.:frown: And saturday i guess he doesn't really text if he's too tired from work (finishes at 11)

I love him loads, i do want to be with him, because when im with him its great! (usually parents callign for me to come home ruins the moments/or his bro/friend texts him to come to theirs..)

But, i'll hopefully be at uni soon..so yeah, he can come visit, go out with me and have fun all night and day :smile: and spend time with me <3

What do i do whilst i'm at home, just let him do his overtime nad not talk to him much/see him much? i can't really see him due to parents. they are indian, and so over protective (now their shouting at my sister because she has a few B's in her Gcse's.) anyways, i can't go ou unless i have a good reason...otherwise i'd see my bf at 11pm, after he finished work! or go out with him to his mates etc :frown: but i can't.

how do you peopel cope with yoru partner being so busy? will some of you wait till your at uni? for things to get better?

I've been with him a year and a half this month! i miss him soo much..i wish i could see him. i should really be working i guess? last monday he told me not to think about him and focus on my work :frown: and then he got angry over something i did and told me i was pushing him away from obsessng :frown:..but he's fine now lol (sorry, rant there)

i just wish i was white so i could see him whenever tbh :frown: well, had better parents.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
edit: ugh, i hate staying at home. My parents complain that i come home too late (i lie and say im bored and wonder around in shops, which i kinda do)

shall i not see my bf till my eams are over? :frown: (even though it would be hard then too due to parents! grr)
Reply 2
So you're an indian whore who wants to have fun time with her white BF but you can't do that because of your strict parents and busy Bf?

Are you a muslim?

If not than what's the problem as sikhs and hindus gave up their culture and religion long ago?
Reply 3
What does it matter, the relationship has an expiry date if yiur parents will never accept him.

He probably has another bitch on the side tbh, getting "busy".
Reply 4
try and focus on things to be busy with yourself then you won't be thinking about how much you miss him
Reply 5
Original post by 4ttari
So you're an indian whore who wants to have fun time with her white BF but you can't do that because of your strict parents and busy Bf?

Are you a muslim?

If not than what's the problem as sikhs and hindus gave up their culture and religion long ago?

Firslty, i'm not a whore.
If im indian, how am i muslim?
My parents believe they've had black magic done to them, so for the last 10 years have been listening to idiots over the phone to make them better. they say i can't talk to boys, they think my life is gunan fcck about.

and now, my mum just said: 'ohh your gunan wonder around in university with your tits hanging about, dont owrry we'll come check up on you'

fml.

they aren't even proper sikhs, they think their hindus too, and oh MUSLIM? they believe in so much crap. teh problem is they dont let me outt?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply 6
Original post by Yawn11
What does it matter, the relationship has an expiry date if yiur parents will never accept him.

He probably has another bitch on the side tbh, getting "busy".

He's even too busy to cheat on me!
He's a family dude, so.. he's not really like that :frown:

if my parents never accept him? why should i care? he's going to be mine not theirs.
Reply 7
Original post by boba
try and focus on things to be busy with yourself then you won't be thinking about how much you miss him

or the lack of texts, the lack of seeing him. meh.

:frown:
maybe this was why i failed As, because i was so worried about seeing him -_-
Reply 8
I was just saying that the term indian usually refers to hindu's or sikhs...
this isn't the point of my thread.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Firslty, i'm not a whore.
If im indian, how am i muslim?
My parents believe they've had black magic done to them, so for the last 10 years have been listening to idiots over the phone to make them better. they say i can't talk to boys, they think my life is gunan fcck about.

and now, my mum just said: 'ohh your gunan wonder around in university with your tits hanging about, dont owrry we'll come check up on you'

fml.

they aren't even proper sikhs, they think their hindus too, and oh MUSLIM? they believe in so much crap. teh problem is they dont let me outt?!?!?!?!?!?

It says you have been registered to this forum since 1999 and you sound like a teenager, did you register when you were 4 than?

There are many muslims in India so i assumed you might have been a muslim.

Now that you have confirmed your parents have lost the plot and you don't believe none of the religious/cultural 'BS', than why are your parents bothered?

And is your bf white or indian too?
Reply 10
Your parents know what's best in life, they only aim to protect you and give you whats best. Your boyfriend doesn't even have time to spend with you, who would you rather choose? Your parents or your boyfriend who hasn't got the time of day for you?
Reply 11
He's even too busy to cheat on me!
He's a family dude, so.. he's not really like that :frown:

if my parents never accept him? why should i care? he's going to be mine not theirs.

What makes you think he's going to be yours?
Reply 12
Original post by Dekota-XS
What makes you think he's going to be yours?

my boyfriend. because its not his fault.
oh, this thread is not doing what i wanted it to.
Was just gonna say that :rolleyes: You Muslim or Indian :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by 4ttari
It says you have been registered to this forum since 1999 and you sound like a teenager, did you register when you were 4 than?
There are many muslims in India so i assumed you might have been a muslim.

Now that you have confirmed your parents have lost the plot and you don't believe none of the religious/cultural 'BS', than why are your parents bothered?

And is your bf white or indian too?

Reply 15
my boyfriend. because its not his fault.
oh, this thread is not doing what i wanted it to.

No, your boyfriend isn't doing what a boyfriend is suppose to do. Fundamentally, if he can't set aside some time for you each day than he doesn't appreciate you being *his*, I know some people who cannot pass a day without seeing each other atleast once a day, that's what love is. Your relationship sounds like a one way infactuation to me and this will become clear to you when you go uni and lose all contact with him.
Reply 16
Me believes that you bf is just keeping you as a side ting.

Once he's done he will move on leaving you all hurt and battered by your parents.
Reply 17
Original post by 4ttari
Me believes that you bf is just keeping you as a side ting.

Once he's done he will move on leaving you all hurt and battered by your parents.

he isn't. he is incredibly busy with working tryign to get himself out of debt, and getting money to live on. he lives a HARD life i feel so sorry for him. :frown: he does try with me, i see that :frown:
SAME :biggrin:, been in the exact same situation as you before to be honest and i just ended it because his work load just got too much and i never saw him, it sucks i know.... :frown:
Reply 19
or the lack of texts, the lack of seeing him. meh.

:frown:
maybe this was why i failed As, because i was so worried about seeing him -_-

well focus on A2 instead of worrying about him. if you have something to be busy with yourself it wont seem as bad because then you will feel "oh were both busy people" rather than"hes to busy to text me back".
and look forward to seeing him in a positive way thinking about how good it will be rather than how long away it is. seeing him should give you something to look forward to that will help you be able to try hard the rest of the time it will turn into a well earned break

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending