The Student Room Group

ARGH How can I make myself revise?!

I know I'm on the brink of failing my AS levels but I cannot sit down for more than 3 minutes without getting destracted or giving up with revision ... I'm especially worried about English lit and maths.
Stupid question but how does everyone else do it?
Reply 1
Why don't you go to a library and revise there? That's what I'm planning to do for my GCSEs, as I'd be all too easily drawn away from work otherwise. Also, there's the added advantage that being surrounded by all sorts of relevant books brings you.
Reply 2
It sucks having low concentration lengths :frown:
Reply 3
I had the exact same problem when I was doing my A-Levels. Unfortunately, unlike GCSE's, there is virtually no way of passing without revising.

I found having quiet music in the background aided my concentration. Plus candles! I love candles. Just don't use lavender ones because they make you fall asleep, like I found out.

Apart from that, you just really have to push yourself and just think, it will take up less than 1/100 of your life, so is it really worth risking losing an important qualification for? You can always blow off as much steam as you want afterwards :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lilyrawstorne
I know I'm on the brink of failing my AS levels but I cannot sit down for more than 3 minutes without getting destracted or giving up with revision ... I'm especially worried about English lit and maths.

How about getting of TSR?

Also, find somewhere quiet.

Set yourself a certain amount of time in which you HAVE to revise.
Original post by lilyrawstorne

Well, you're probably not going to get good grades unless you revise (unless you're a genius) so get revising! Have the self-motivation and willpower to get off the internet and turn off the computer. You have to be strict with yourself -- make a study plan and stick to it. You can do it!
Reply 6
Make some sort of structured timetable. E.g. Turn your computer/tv/ps3 off for 20 minutes and revise a particular subject for 20 minutes. Then have 10 minutes doing something fun.

Or print off loads of exam papers, do one question - do something fun, do another question - do something fun? XD
Reply 7
I'm doing a little better at the moment! I might try going to a library I hadn't thought of that, thanks
I'm struggling myself, was suppose to start revision at 12pm and haven't opened a book yet fml. I do more revision in college but as its not opened because of the easter holidays, i have to sit in the house and revise and its not happening :frown:.
I'm having a similar problem with my A level coursework although I've recently discovered that listening to classical music helps quite a bit!
Reply 10
Just think of working in a supermarket when you are 30+. Worked for me.

Quick Reply

Latest