The Student Room Group

How am I supposed to eat 2400 calories/day?

This sounds like an impossibly large number to me. I average about 950-1500/day at the moment, and assorted calorie calculators are telling me I need about 2400/day, based on my level of exercise.

Any tips for getting up to this irritating number besides the obvious "eat more"? I don't eat much so advice on maximising what I do eat would be appreciated.

If it matters: 22, 5' 11'', ~11st.

H-S

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Epic Meal Time

Any of these recipes.
Reply 2
Thats nothing, its just above the average recommended daily amount for men.

Take a note.
I'm hungry and that epic meal time video gave me a slight erection :awesome:
6 small meals a day 500+calories for each meal aim for 20+g of protein done

example

breakfast 3-4 eggs, 3 slices of toats
snack - peanuts
Lunch - pasta with minced meat
post workout - either a weight gainer supplement or whey protein with a banana and milk
dinner - same as lunch
snack - turkey/PB sandwich

donee
You could try buying some Complan or other bulk-up smoothies,there's about 300-400 Calories per drink I think :smile: I'd advise you ask your GP though, they'd know the right kinds of food/suppliment you should be taking, they could even prescribe some Resource Energy drinks or something if needs be
2400 calories a day is a breeze, honestly. If you eat normally you're not far off that!

Try doubling it!

Go out for a run before breakfast, that'll make you hungrier throughout the day.
2400 kcals? There is more than that in a dominos pizza
Reply 9
That is nothing. I'm 6'1", 98kg and eat about 4-5000 calories a day. If you're lifting you're never going to grow with 950 calories a day, you're probably starving yourself as it is.
Original post by micky022
Epic Meal Time

Any of these recipes.

It's......beautiful.

Original post by francistheswole
6 small meals a day 500+calories for each meal aim for 20+g of protein done

example

breakfast 3-4 eggs, 3 slices of toats
snack - peanuts
Lunch - pasta with minced meat
post workout - either a weight gainer supplement or whey protein with a banana and milk
dinner - same as lunch
snack - turkey/PB sandwich

donee

Huh, that doesn't look so tough. Might try that.

Original post by commandant

Go out for a run before breakfast, that'll make you hungrier throughout the day.

I do need to start running again. Good idea, thanks.

--------
Part of the problem is; having got rid of all the extra chub I had, I'm now completely paranoid about putting it back on. I'm also (and I admit this is a bit mental since I know they are unlikely to be lying to me) not convinced by the BMR calulators. 2400 sounds like a lot, I'm not convinced that can be how much I'm using every day.
That isn't very much at all. I could easily consume 5 times that in a day, and probably have far too often. :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by History-Student
This sounds like an impossibly large number to me. I average about 950-1500/day at the moment, and assorted calorie calculators are telling me I need about 2400/day, based on my level of exercise.

Any tips for getting up to this irritating number besides the obvious "eat more"? I don't eat much so advice on maximising what I do eat would be appreciated.

H-S

:eek:

Eat smaller and often?

I'm a girl and I eat more than 2400 because I have a ridiculous metabolism, if I eat less I lose weight. Make your portions bigger, and have healthy snacks in between. I have no idea how you could only eat 950!
Lets put this into proportion, the recomended daily calories for a toddler aged 1-3 is 1300 kcal. Tripple what you eat, then eat some more and add milk several times a day.
If you lit one of my protien farts it would produce more than 2400kcals of energy
I'm pretty sure I just ate more than that in one go. Mostly carbs mind.
Reply 16
Original post by History-Student

H-S

A big mac with cheese has over 700 calories... eat 2 of these and then eat your normal food aswell. =) Sorted
Breakast: Oatmeal - 350 calories, with 1 litre milk - in oatmeal and drinking - 530 calories - oatmeal and milk = 880-900 calories

Lunch: 2 chicken sandwiches - each 300k - total 600k, banana - 100k, almonds - 600 calories - sandwich, banana, nuts = 1300 calories

Dinner: Tuna salad - tuna can - 165 calories, salad - tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, etc effectively zero - 165-200 calories

Total 2400 and you're basically still eating nothing.

Nuts and milk are very calorific - adopt both unless milk gives you acne or bloating. Carbs like bread and pasta are also highly calorific.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by emilymay
A big mac with cheese has over 700 calories... eat 2 of these and then eat your normal food aswell. =) Sorted

It doesn't surprise me a medic would recommend crap macdonalds, healthy food is bad for the medical business right!

dates or avocados are high in calories and enjoyable to most people across the board,

bananas too, if it takes your fancy
Reply 19
Original post by MeAndBubbles
It doesn't surprise me a medic would recommend crap macdonalds, healthy food is bad for the medical business right!

dates or avocados are high in calories and enjoyable to most people across the board,

bananas too, if it takes your fancy

Haha :tongue: I haven't been to McDonalds in soo long lol, I only put a bigmac coz I was logging activities on calorie counter and at the bottom it tells you that you've burnt enough calories to cover '0.6 big macs with cheese- 700 calories' came on here straight afterwards and thought I'd tell someone :tongue: personally can't eat a big mac, they don't look nice, and they're just so- big? :tongue: can't fit a whole one in lol, especially if it comes with chips aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest