The Student Room Group

What is the worst thing an ex can/has ever said to you?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing really, I can go from caring about someone a lot to cutting them out and moving on without a second thought, so I guess I'd be the one saying the horrible stuff...come to think of it I have said a few that were whoppers. None of them were un-deserved though.
Reply 41
Original post by ArcaneAnna
'You turned me gay' - literally what he said to me as we broke up.

I hope you don't mind but that's a pretty good one.
Reply 42
He said he voted for Ken Livingstone...:tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by meenu89
He said he voted for Ken Livingstone...:tongue:

Ken Livingstone is a great man. I would
Reply 44
"I love you."

My reply - "okay."

/conversation.

She shouldn't have said it.
Reply 45
Original post by ellakrystina
'Get a wax or something'

No :colonhash:

:colonhash:
Reply 46
"you're pretty lame in bed. I know I said you were good at the time, but I just wanted to make you feel better, you were about a 2, maybe a three"

Hurt because he knew I was sexually abused when I was little, and because he was my first, and also because we had been sexually active for the past two years.
Reply 47
Original post by TulipFields
My boyfriend was immature as well, but then so was I :rolleyes: Still cringe when I remember myself after the break up :p:

Ahh I know the feeling. Come to think of it I should have back handed him, after everything I found out. I was an emotional wreck for months on end after he broke up with me, wish I was the woman then that I am now, and shrug it off lol, but I guess we all learn lessons, they don't deserve us :tongue:
Reply 48
Original post by qwerty7
"you're pretty lame in bed. I know I said you were good at the time, but I just wanted to make you feel better, you were about a 2, maybe a three"

Hurt because he knew I was sexually abused when I was little, and because he was my first, and also because we had been sexually active for the past two years.

Serious douche.
it was actually me with the insults :colondollar:

i sent him a text saying my mate (who hes known since primary) thinks he's gay, the look on his face made me :smug:

now when i look back i wish i didnt say anything ¬____¬
Original post by Sam89
Well?

What's the worst thing an ex has ever said to you OR an ex can possibly say?

I'll start with mine, we were getting along as friends perfectly fine (a year on), feelings seemed to disappear and we were joking around and it was a bit harsh but he told me I was a mistake (*******).

EDIT: Can also mention things you found out AFTER you split up.

That he didn't just "want a break.." he wanted a new girlfriend... the one who the week before he had told me fancied him but he found her "annoying" and "wasn't interested"... they are still together 6months on. Niceeee:rolleyes:

When we were both drunk at a party he told me "You really need a boyfriend"... that stung:mad:

Worst thing was when he text me after that saying "Lets get back together, I love you" made me feel like **** :colondollar:
Reply 51
"She told me she loved me. Unless you love me too, I'm going to break up with you for her."

I told him he could shove it up his arse.
"You destroyed me".

Hurt because I was in a bad place at the time. That night I went out and had some stupid one night stand (that involved me lying about my name, age, where I'm from and what job I do). Next morning snuck out of her building and got caught by security who luckily just looked at last nights tapes to see her coming in with me instead of ringing her. Got home and just cried in the shower. The next few days that followed were probably some of the worst of my life to date.

She took it back later and we "get on" now but it didn't change how I felt at the time. I know it sounds douchey to complain about something someone said when you broke up with them but it was bad for me, I still loved her and she was saying things like that and also things like "you broke me" and the classic "I don't know if I want to live" which hurt like hell. Me responding with Scotch, strippers and older women probably wasn't smart either.
Reply 53
Original post by Sam89
Serious douche.

Yep! It was made worse because of his smamy and smug way of saying things, as if he was trying to offer advice. :s-smilie:
That she still loves me.

Hurt like a mother****er & made me seriously hate myself.
Reply 55
Original post by qwerty7
Yep! It was made worse because of his smamy and smug way of saying things, as if he was trying to offer advice. :s-smilie:

I hate it when people try to belittle others, as if they're superior. It's like seriously dude, **** OFF! Before I hit you over the head with a shovel! :angry: Sorry about the anger :tongue: I just hate these kinds of people (esp when they're exes).
Reply 56
Original post by History-Student
That she still loves me.

Hurt like a mother****er & made me seriously hate myself.

This may be a reallyy stupid question, but why does it hurt when an ex says they love you, if you're the one who broke up with them :s-smilie: Pardon the ignorance lol
Once, about 2 weeks after we split up an ex boyfriend told me all about the prettiest girl in all of france he'd met on holiday and spent most of his time with
I had a big row with my current ex and told him in front of all of his mates that the clitoris is two inches north of where he thinks it is (i also told everyone that his **** was a funny shape)
Reply 58
Original post by Jar of Hearts
"I like boys! I'm gay."
:frown:

I had this, except it was "I'm dating a guy at the same time. I'm gay." (He was "bisexual" before.)

I'm happy about it now, though. Found the most amazing guy in the world afterwards. :smile:
Original post by Sam89
This may be a reallyy stupid question, but why does it hurt when an ex says they love you, if you're the one who broke up with them :s-smilie: Pardon the ignorance lol

Just made me feel like such a bastard for breaking up with her. Felt horrible. Maybe I'm just being mental/a massive pussy.

Original post by Sam89
The excuses guys come up with. I hateeee the "it's not you, it's me".

Just **** off!

No one really says that, it's a cliche only used on screen.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply