The Student Room Group

What is the worst thing an ex can/has ever said to you?

Scroll to see replies

My scottish ex "I ******* hate the english" and proceeded with a 10min rant on why we are vile creatures of the earth.

Cheers love you really were quite something -_-
Original post by Sam89
Ahh I know the feeling. Come to think of it I should have back handed him, after everything I found out. I was an emotional wreck for months on end after he broke up with me, wish I was the woman then that I am now, and shrug it off lol, but I guess we all learn lessons, they don't deserve us :tongue:

They don't :no:
Because it was my first boyfriend too, and before we broke up I thought we were doing great, so when we broke up I was a wreck, and it was he was replaced by an entirely different person- it still confuses me when people chnage like that in matter of weeks/days :s:
Original post by Cicerao

Original post by Cicerao
I had this, except it was "I'm dating a guy at the same time. I'm gay." (He was "bisexual" before.)

I'm happy about it now, though. Found the most amazing guy in the world afterwards. :smile:

He text me that when he was drunk after we had been arguing and said he didn't mean it, but I always had suspicions after that:P
Ah lucky you, we broke up in august and i'm still most definitely not over him and haven't met anyone. Bad times for me!:P
Reply 63
I walked in on an ex shagging someone else and all he said when I walked in was 'Babe, I won't be long, just wait 5 minutes, yeah?' I slammed the door shut and walked out and he followed me out and started shouting at me and blaming me for what he had done and using pretty ****ty reasons to top it all off, like 'If I see someone fitter than you, I'm going to shag her, it's just who I am' and 'It's your fault for not looking like a model. If you did, we wouldn't have this problem' and 'You're just not sexy enough. Yeah, you're smart and **** but I want someone who looks hot 24/7. If I wanted a conversation, I'd go to my mates'

****ing dick. This was a couple of weeks after he said he loved me and doesn't want anyone else, blah blah blah.

I kneed him pretty hard and left. He completely messed with my head and I was all over the place for ages after that.
Reply 64
Original post by TulipFields
They don't :no:
Because it was my first boyfriend too, and before we broke up I thought we were doing great, so when we broke up I was a wreck, and it was he was replaced by an entirely different person- it still confuses me when people chnage like that in matter of weeks/days :s:

I can relate to this so much!

They change after promising you the world, if you can't keep promises, you shouldn't make them. And the thing that peees me off the most is the fact that I know with me, my ex I was not AT ALL attracted to him, he chased after me constantly and kind of grew on me, and then for him to change was a shocker and unexpected - but that's life I guess :s-smilie:
Reply 65
"I hope you die and burn in hell"

Cheers!
Reply 66
Original post by History-Student
Just made me feel like such a bastard for breaking up with her. Felt horrible. Maybe I'm just being mental/a massive pussy.

No one really says that, it's a cliche only used on screen.

Oh I understand that - does that mean you still loved her but broke up because of circumstances? Or you just cared for her or maybe it was something else?

My ex said that to me, it happens in real life, I wanted to punch him in the face.
Reply 67
Original post by aeterno
I walked in on an ex shagging someone else and all he said when I walked in was 'Babe, I won't be long, just wait 5 minutes, yeah?' I slammed the door shut and walked out and he followed me out and started shouting at me and blaming me for what he had done and using pretty ****ty reasons to top it all off, like 'If I see someone fitter than you, I'm going to shag her, it's just who I am' and 'It's your fault for not looking like a model. If you did, we wouldn't have this problem' and 'You're just not sexy enough. Yeah, you're smart and **** but I want someone who looks hot 24/7. If I wanted a conversation, I'd go to my mates'

****ing dick. This was a couple of weeks after he said he loved me and doesn't want anyone else, blah blah blah.

I kneed him pretty hard and left. He completely messed with my head and I was all over the place for ages after that.

That's absolutely mental :| didn't realise people like that actually existed in real life.
Reply 68
Original post by aeterno

What on Earth? That is just out of order. If you look back at it, I bet you're relieved you got out sooner than later. He was a waste of space, you deserve someone much much better!
Original post by Sam89
I can relate to this so much!

They change after promising you the world, if you can't keep promises, you shouldn't make them. And the thing that peees me off the most is the fact that I know with me, my ex I was not AT ALL attracted to him, he chased after me constantly and kind of grew on me, and then for him to change was a shocker and unexpected - but that's life I guess :s-smilie:

Exactly the same thing happened to me :eek: I didnt consider him seriously- at least I never expected him to actually date me and treated our initial relationship as friendship with hints of romance, but he was so sweet and told me he loved me, gave me presents, went with me everywhere- I was seriously thinking that it was better than winning the lottery. And its not like I used him for all that- he grew up on me, and I genuinely thought we were soulmates, which he agreed with. Then, in about 3 mmonths and couple of fights later we became "different people, but we could stay friends". Except that in the following week we had another fight and he cut me off. Can't say it was much of a loss, except my illusions :p:
:hugs: I guess we live and learn and wouldn't fall for this again :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by aeterno

He sounds like a ****in' giant bellend...
that my defualt position is to lie.
Reply 72
Original post by adderz
That's absolutely mental :| didn't realise people like that actually existed in real life.

Original post by Sam89
What on Earth? That is just out of order. If you look back at it, I bet you're relieved you got out sooner than later. He was a waste of space, you deserve someone much much better!

Original post by milkytea
He sounds like a ****in' giant bellend...

The thing is, he seemed absolutely fine before...he had his dickish moments but I never expected that kind of behaviour from him.

I guess I should thank him really as I've found someone so much better now :h:
I broke up with my ex before summer holidays, and while I was away at home he started calling me Jezebel when he talked about me with his friends. It was pretty hurtful to find out that people were referring to me as Jezebel. :frown:

When I went back to school my friends thought the name was so ridiculous and hilarious that they kept it up. Now my nickname is Jezebel:wink:, I love that they were able to turn something so hurtful into a positive. :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Nepene
Worst thing... 'I still love you *phone hang up.*'

I've been with russian girls. I don't care about insults any more.

I know! them Eastern European girls seem to really know how to throw insults.
Original post by Ash_TJ
I hope you don't mind but that's a pretty good one.

I know. He left me for a guy. At the time it killed me.

Now I think it's quite funny.
"Are we going to have sex? Cause if not - I've got to go home."
Followed by in a couple of days when I saw him and a girl walking around the village "Oh hey... this is my fiancé."

The two major reasons he's an ex.
Prick.
Reply 77
Original post by meenu89
He said he voted for Ken Livingstone...:tongue:

Good for him :yes:
Reply 78
Original post by aeterno
The thing is, he seemed absolutely fine before...he had his dickish moments but I never expected that kind of behaviour from him.

I guess I should thank him really as I've found someone so much better now :h:

Fair play to you. I didn't mean that as a "why did you ever go for him in the first place" type remark, just genuinely shocked at how much of a knob he sounds.
Reply 79
Original post by S129439
The classic one that ex-girlfriends will pull out (usually in-front of as many people as possible) is the old "you have a small d***". Regardless of it's truth, people will believe it because you either say "yes" (in which case you agree) or say "no" (and people presume you are embarrassed and lying).

Unfortunately there's no comeback other than "more like you have a bucket!"

The other comeback is to whip it out and prove her wrong :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending