The Student Room Group

Man arrested for burning the Quran

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Rokt
He wanted to do it and he did it. It's his business.

I don't get what the point is of praying five times a day to a non-existent diety but some people do it and I don't demand that they justify it.

:smile:

Exactly.
Original post by Aj12
Key word is suspicion and release.

They were released.

released, yes, but in the process of holding that person (who has no evidence against them) you have essentially ruined their life. They may come out innocent, but they will still become unemployable, they will be seen as 'suspected terrorists' and as such seen in the same light as someone who is a terrorist.
Reply 222
Original post by Khaysha-Saine
This thread isnt going to end well :sad:

But im going to sit back and enjoy :colone:

I am watching you watching them.
Reply 223
Original post by SumTingWong
released, yes, but in the process of holding that person (who has no evidence against them) you have essentially ruined their life. They may come out innocent, but they will still become unemployable, they will be seen as 'suspected terrorists' and as such seen in the same light as someone who is a terrorist.

No they won't. Unless charges were pressed there will be no criminal record.
I don't understand how it's different from burning any other book, ridiculous.
It is not just another book.

It is a "holy book" that is revered by billions. Burning the Koran would logically would annoy those billions of people who will be deeply offended.

it is the same with the bible or the torah.
Reply 226
Double standards. Lovely.
i dno its just a reprintable book, u wouldnt arrest someone for burning a dictionairy but then again it is a bit disrespectful to burn someones book of importance specially if it belongs to a particular religon, pretty stupid to burn a book tho =/
Reply 228
Original post by The_Male_Melons
It is not just another book.

It is to a lot of people.

The_Male_Melons
It is a "holy book" that is revered by billions.

Not 'billions'.

The_Male_Melons
Burning the Koran would logically would annoy those billions of people who will be deeply offended.

So? What about people who are offended by the stuff in the Quran?
i'm sorry but every muslim is a dickhead.

/thread
Reply 230
Original post by racist mathematici
i'm sorry but every muslim is a dickhead.

Every single one?
Original post by Rokt
It is to a lot of people.

Not 'billions'.

So? What about people who are offended by the stuff in the Quran?

To which people is it considered just a book.

It is to billions. Google how many muslims there are? Yep, they all hold the Koran in the highest regard.

What stuff are you offended by in the Koran? - I think you should buy one, read it and then if you offended, post the line on here. I bet you won't do that, and google for some criticisms and pass off it as your own.

It is to billions. Google how many muslims there are? Yep, they all hold the Koran in the highest regard.

What stuff are you offended by in the Koran? - I think you should buy one, read it and then if you offended, post the line on here. I bet you won't do that, and google for some criticisms and pass off it as your own.
the quran offends every non-muslim, and every female living in this planet.
Original post by Rokt
Every single one?
yes.

i have lots of muslim friends who i like, but just being a part of islam means that there is an inner-dickheadness inside them.

islam is a ****ed up religion. we're not living in the medieval times anymore, it's the ****ing 21st century mate. someone needs to update that novel ASAP.
the quran offends every non-muslim, and every female living in this planet.

Non-Muslims? And Females? How did you come to such conclusions?
Original post by Rokt
Every single one?
muslims ramming planes into the twin towers. no biggy. muslims blowing up buses in london. no biggy. muslims leaving a primary school kid to die in a fire just because she wasn't wearing a hijab. no biggy. muslims burning poppies. no biggy. muslims constantly imposing their religion on everyone else. pfft. got to a stage where i officially hate every aspect of the religion.

all the sexist sh;t i read in the quran isn't helping to change my mind either. and i am arabic myself, so don't blame it on a translation error - because we both know that these so called translation errors only occur when something bad is revealed in islam.
Non-Muslims? And Females? How did you come to such conclusions?
are men and women equal in islam?
Reply 237

Me, for example.

The_Male_Melons
It is to billions.

No, it is not. There are around 1.5 billion Musllims in the world. For it to be 'billions' (with an 's') there would have to be at least 2 billion Muslims.

The_Male_Melons
What stuff are you offended by in the Koran?

The way it refers to women, the homophobia, the lack of respect for non-Muslims and et cetera. So many things.
Reply 238
muslims ramming planes into the twin towers. no biggy. muslims blowing up buses in london. no biggy. muslims leaving a primary school kid to die in a fire just because she wasn't wearing a hijab. no biggy. muslims burning poppies. no biggy. muslims constantly imposing their religion on everyone else. pfft. got to a stage where i officially hate every aspect of the religion.

all the sexist sh;t i read in the quran isn't helping to change my mind either. and i am arabic myself, so don't blame it on a translation error - because we both know that these so called translation errors only occur when something bad is revealed in islam.

I despise the views held by almost all of them, but I think it is a bit too much to condemn 100% of them.
Original post by Rokt
Me, for example.

No, it is not. There are around 1.5 billion Musllims in the world. For it to be 'billions' (with an 's') there would have to be at least 2 billion Muslims.

The way it refers to women, the lack of respect for non-Muslims and et cetera. So many things.

You. ok :rolleyes:

Kk, Calm down. 1.5 Billion is a big number. A lot of people to offend.

How does it refer to women? What does it do to showcase the lack of respect to non-muslims?

Do you base actions of Muslims based on the Koran? Or do you base the actions on the character of the individual?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending