The Student Room Group

What is the worst thing an ex can/has ever said to you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by S129439
The classic one that ex-girlfriends will pull out (usually in-front of as many people as possible) is the old "you have a small d***". Regardless of it's truth, people will believe it because you either say "yes" (in which case you agree) or say "no" (and people presume you are embarrassed and lying).

Unfortunately there's no comeback other than "more like you have a bucket!"

"But... But I need you."

Tops any insult, any time. Breaks my damn heart thinking about it.
Reply 81
Original post by BookWormShanti
Good for him :yes:

If you love Red Ken clap your hands!
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Original post by TulipFields
They don't :no:
Because it was my first boyfriend too, and before we broke up I thought we were doing great, so when we broke up I was a wreck, and it was he was replaced by an entirely different person- it still confuses me when people chnage like that in matter of weeks/days :s:

completely true...

when things go south they change so quickly...like a flick of a switch....completely the opposite of what used to be them....it still confuses the hell out of me as to how someone can change overnight...after everything...:frown:
Reply 83
Original post by Mrcontroversy
completely true...

when things go south they change so quickly...like a flick of a switch....completely the opposite of what used to be them....it still confuses the hell out of me as to how someone can change overnight...after everything...:frown:

Would any guy like to shed some light on this? Why is it (some) guys run the other way when problems arise? Why can they not sit down with their partner and try and solve them?

And how can someone's feelings change overnight or such a short space of time? This really confuses me :s-smilie:
Original post by Jake22
The other comeback is to whip it out and prove her wrong :biggrin:

True. But you would look a bit weird LOL

Original post by Watcher7
"But... But I need you."

Tops any insult, any time. Breaks my damn heart thinking about it.

I don't get it :/
Original post by Sam89
Would any guy like to shed some light on this? Why is it (some) guys run the other way when problems arise? Why can they not sit down with their partner and try and solve them?

And how can someone's feelings change overnight or such a short space of time? This really confuses me :s-smilie:

Usually men display a tough exterior, one that can over come any problem. If they find they can't, they often pretend it isn't there to feel as if they have over come it.

Ever heard of "love at first sight"? Works the other way too. Feelings are just chemicals. Chemicals react with other chemicals and become new chemicals in the blink of an eye. I'm surprised so many relationships last as long as they do tbh.
One of my exes broke up with me claiming we were better off as friends.
He was cheating on me with a 14 year old and I didn't find this out until later. :|
Reply 87
Original post by milkytea
Fair play to you. I didn't mean that as a "why did you ever go for him in the first place" type remark, just genuinely shocked at how much of a knob he sounds.

Don't worry, I didn't think you meant it in that way :p:
Original post by Sam89

I can't say really on behalf of (some) guys but i can just guess...maybe from previous relationships they have just come to realise not to invest too much emotionally...but this happens to gals as well....ppl just try to run away when things become to difficult to deal with...cause it is the less painful way out.

how can someone change?..funny you should ask..i am trying really hard to understand that one myself... :sad: it doesnt make sense.....how can someone who cared every little thing about you now hates you the most :sad:

I guess life is similar to the story of a pebble .....you are hit with so many harsh things in life that at the end ....you are that round ...smooth...and beautiful
My exes always seem to call and try to say something nasty about the girl that I'm dating now.

One stated she was a chickenhead (this was when she first found out and of course, was distressed, crying, the whole shibang).

The other tried the more subtle approach by sounding "interested" and asking me a lot of questions about her, sniping qualities of my current GF here and there. I knew what was going on the whole time so it didn't take long to shut that down though.

Girls are nasty.... even the ones you think wouldn't do certain things will surprise you if given the chance.
Reply 90
Actually, it's hard to remember! I'm totally over him now so I can't even remember the details that well. I think that it hasn't even been a year when we broke up. Hmm, well. It hurt back then when he said something like 'I don't think that I ever loved you, it was just a phase'. It was mostly the way he said it. But well, now when I think about it, I don't think it's true. Okay, maybe he didn't love me but he was obsessed which was the reason why our relationship didn't last. I think that I was the one who wasn't that... excited.
Original post by (:Becca(:

Original post by (:Becca(:
One of my exes broke up with me claiming we were better off as friends.
He was cheating on me with a 14 year old and I didn't find this out until later. :|

Oh wow, how old are both of you? To touch on an ironic moment, my last ex is 17 and I felt that she was too immature for me to be in a serious relationship with.

I ended up breaking up with her because well... she was just that, immature and somewhat of a b****. When explaining how I felt, I stated that I felt she was just too young. My current girlfriend is younger :smile:

Of course, she's more mature, which makes it that much more ironic.
Reply 92
Original post by S129439
I don't get it :/

She cheated on me. I'd tried to give it another go but just couldn't trust her. Told her I couldn't stay with her, and she said that.

It was movie-perfect. Big, tear filled eyes looking up at me, and complete incomprehension in her voice.

You can scream at me as much as you like, but if you let me know that I've hurt you, then I can't take it.
"You're nothing without me. You'll never be anything!"

Said the guy who is now at Her Majesty's Pleasure for robbery :awesome:
Original post by Watcher7
She cheated on me. I'd tried to give it another go but just couldn't trust her. Told her I couldn't stay with her, and she said that.

It was movie-perfect. Big, tear filled eyes looking up at me, and complete incomprehension in her voice.

You can scream at me as much as you like, but if you let me know that I've hurt you, then I can't take it.

I see.

Everyone has a soft side.

Except maybe :fuhrer:
Original post by Young Spade
Oh wow, how old are both of you? To touch on an ironic moment, my last ex is 17 and I felt that she was too immature for me to be in a serious relationship with.

I ended up breaking up with her because well... she was just that, immature and somewhat of a b****. When explaining how I felt, I stated that I felt she was just too young. My current girlfriend is younger :smile:

Of course, she's more mature, which makes it that much more ironic.

This was last year, we were both 17 at the time.
"I'm dating your best friend now" :frown:
Reply 97
This thread makes me feel sad, but re-assured at the same time :/
Original post by S129439
The classic one that ex-girlfriends will pull out (usually in-front of as many people as possible) is the old "you have a small d***". Regardless of it's truth, people will believe it because you either say "yes" (in which case you agree) or say "no" (and people presume you are embarrassed and lying).

Unfortunately there's no comeback other than "more like you have a bucket!"

Yes there is my boy!

"thats not what you were saying when you did a few spins on it, even with that bucket of yours!"
Original post by Mrcontroversy
I can't say really on behalf of (some) guys but i can just guess...maybe from previous relationships they have just come to realise not to invest too much emotionally...but this happens to gals as well....ppl just try to run away when things become to difficult to deal with...cause it is the less painful way out.

how can someone change?..funny you should ask..i am trying really hard to understand that one myself... :sad: it doesnt make sense.....how can someone who cared every little thing about you now hates you the most :sad:

I guess life is similar to the story of a pebble .....you are hit with so many harsh things in life that at the end ....you are that round ...smooth...and beautiful

It still doesn't make sense to me either :console: tbh, I learned from this relationship not to invest so much into them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending