The Student Room Group

Another rejection :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mrt23498
You didn't understand my question. LOL!!!

did you expect him to understand? He's more retarded than a retard - more stupid than an american, more arrogant than alan sugar. Don't expect anything from this lame excuse of a human being.
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
This will be fun...

5. in a previous post you spell "despicable" wrongly and then go on to say to another poster "Just from this problem and your language, I can tell that you attend a state school.". I went to a state school and i can spell that word correctly. From your reasoning, you would assume that I went to a grammar school?

6. You CAN be successful even if you don't do well academically. Of course you can! Sportspeople, actors, musicians, etc. The list is endless.

Thanks for reading. Back to work now for me.

I would love to read a response to this whole post! Well played sir!
Reply 62
Should I remove my GCSE results from my CV, then? If people aren't hiring because someone is "overqualified"?
Original post by lanttans
Should I remove my GCSE results from my CV, then? If people aren't hiring because someone is "overqualified"?

No, I would always include GCSE results on a CV. If companies prefer people without GCSE's and you have GCSEs, would you really want to work for them?
Reply 64
No, I would always include GCSE results on a CV. If companies prefer people without GCSE's and you have GCSEs, would you really want to work for them?

Fair point. Thanks :smile:
It's sooo frustrating!! >X(
Fair point. Thanks :smile:
It's sooo frustrating!! >X(

What sort of jobs are you applying for? Graduate schemes, etc? I might be able to help. Job searching is frustrating but if you are persistent enough (and have the required qualifications) you WILL get a job!
Reply 66
What sort of jobs are you applying for? Graduate schemes, etc? I might be able to help. Job searching is frustrating but if you are persistent enough (and have the required qualifications) you WILL get a job!

I'm studying AS levels at the moment and I really need a job. Most of my friends have got one and my parents are pressuring me to get one etc... But I've not been successful anywhere :/
Any jobs, really. Waitressing, retail assistants, checkouts, stock room... I'm not old enough to do bar work. No one wants me :'(
I'm studying AS levels at the moment and I really need a job. Most of my friends have got one and my parents are pressuring me to get one etc... But I've not been successful anywhere :/
Any jobs, really. Waitressing, retail assistants, checkouts, stock room... I'm not old enough to do bar work. No one wants me :'(

Oh right. Getting a part-time job at your age is probably a good idea for future applications, general life skills, etc. I remember when i was 16, I had a really hard time getting that first job because I had no experience! Once you get the first part-time job, it is easy to get others.

I ended up getting a job from a place my friend worked at. It seems a lot of others did the same. So, maybe ask your friends who have jobs if they could help you out (if you haven;t already done that!).

Good luck!
Reply 68
Oh right. Getting a part-time job at your age is probably a good idea for future applications, general life skills, etc. I remember when i was 16, I had a really hard time getting that first job because I had no experience! Once you get the first part-time job, it is easy to get others.

I ended up getting a job from a place my friend worked at. It seems a lot of others did the same. So, maybe ask your friends who have jobs if they could help you out (if you haven;t already done that!).

Good luck!

Yeah, I'll do that even more now! Haha.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 69
The fact that there is still a slight recession could be a factor! but to be rejected from so many jobs tells me that there is something missing! Could be something in your interview skills or on your Cv, review your cv and practice interviews, and in some cases ask for feedback on interviews which could help also!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending