The Student Room Group

What's the maximum reccomended time to revise for in a day?

Alright people, it's easter and I'm gonna start revising for my 6 AS exams.... so.... how many hours do you think would be beneficial to revise for? simple.
Reply 1
Original post by Harry.K
Alright people, it's easter and I'm gonna start revising for my 6 AS exams.... so.... how many hours do you think would be beneficial to revise for? simple.

I assume you probably have around 5 hours of lessons on a normal school day, so I would suggest around 5 hours of a revision as a starting point. That's what I plan to do; in my opinion I feel anything more is just unproductive!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Groat
I assume you probably have around 5 hours of lessons on a normal school day, so I would suggest around 5 hours of a revision as a starting point. That's what I plan to do; in my opinion I feel anything more is just unproductive!

ah okay. you said 5 hours would be a starting point, how long do you think would be good for when the exams are about 2 weeks away or closer?
Reply 3
Original post by Harry.K
ah okay. you said 5 hours would be a starting point, how long do you think would be good for when the exams are about 2 weeks away or closer?

How much revision did you do for GCSEs?

When the exams got gradually closer, I personally felt it wasn't helping if I did any more than 5 hours. I would get tired and not take in any of the revision past a certain time.

Remember that revision is about quality, not quantity.
Reply 4
Depends how well you work. If you start feeling tired and things don't seem to stick then it's either time to take a break or stop for the day. Personally I find that 7 hours is enough for me although I could go longer. It's about getting the right balance which will be different for everyone.
Reply 5
Im gonna be away for the first week of Easter :s-smilie:

Really worried that Im gonna miss a ton of valuable time, all my exams are so early on as well.. I have 8 of them aswell.

I really dont know what is gonna happen now? How many hours do you guys reckon I should do in the 2nd week?
Reply 6
Original post by Groat
How much revision did you do for GCSEs?

When the exams got gradually closer, I personally felt it wasn't helping if I did any more than 5 hours. I would get tired and not take in any of the revision past a certain time.

Remember that revision is about quality, not quantity.

I revised for day before each of my exams for my GCSE's lol and got 4A*, 6 A's and 2 B's. Yeh I think I'll do about 5 hours but yeh obviously quantity over quality does matter, so should I do about 45 minutes and then take a 15 minute break?
Original post by Harry.K
I revised for day before each of my exams for my GCSE's lol and got 4A*, 6 A's and 2 B's. Yeh I think I'll do about 5 hours but yeh obviously quantity over quality does matter, so should I do about 45 minutes and then take a 15 minute break?

I usually go for 3h then have the rest of the day as a break.
Reply 8
Original post by Harry.K

Whatever seems to work for you! I personally prefer doing an hour then having a 15 minute break. If that doesn't work, try something different. You've got plenty of days to try out different methods, just don't spend too long finding your most efficient one.

Good luck with the revision and let us know how it works out!
Reply 9
I did like 4 hours today!
But one of my friends does like 9 hours but i suppose that's why she is going Cambridge to study medicine
Reply 10
It depends on you. I'd say at least five, although I aim to do about 7/8 hours a day and also have six exams.

Unfortunately, the most I've done in a day so far is six :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Groat
Whatever seems to work for you! I personally prefer doing an hour then having a 15 minute break. If that doesn't work, try something different. You've got plenty of days to try out different methods, just don't spend too long finding your most efficient one.

Good luck with the revision and let us know how it works out!

ah okay, cheers for the tips and your time lol.

Quick Reply

Latest