The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by dmz
it was 15mins off with Clarence dock. How far is the medical school from parkinson. I'm sure it doesn't take 10mins to walk from 1 end of the campus to the other

once again..im not sure.. saw it on google maps.. it probably takes less time than i think... but thanks for your input
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by -Christabel-
Cool, university only seems like ages away 'cos you've already passed all the necessary exams lol, although I'm faffing around on TSR I'm actually stressing about getting my entry grades for Leeds, I would love to be in your position right now enjoying a gap year, though by the sounds of your subject choices at A level you must have worked hard to get there

do mind me asking how you revised for chemistry? :colondollar: atm it's the only thing standing in the way of me and Leeds lol, did you just learn/memorise all the reactions? There are just too many! :confused:

I do A2 economics, biology, chemistry, and science in society, and I did AS citizenship and english lit

Was your gap year a planned one, if so how did you plan it, actually even if it wasn't planned how did you spend it lol :smile:. If tuition fees were not going up next year I might've considered going on a gap year :rolleyes:

Aha, yeah. All the exams are done and now, it's just free time and more free time. Well, I say that, despite having a full time job so I suppose it isn't all free time. :tongue: But, it feels like I'm not doing much and come September, I'll be out of touch as far as academia goes. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I didn't work that hard. :tongue: I wish I did but ah well, dwelling on the past isn't going to get me far now. :lol:

You shouldn't stress! What do you have an offer for and what are the conditions? You'll be fine! Learn and understand the content + exam practice aplenty.
As for chemistry, there are tonnes of reactions! Especially in the final module of A2. (Gosh, it was only last year and it seems like forever ago! :eek:) I did learn the reactions and their conditions though. I'd like to think I understood them as well but for chem mostly I just memorised things.
It depends how you work - for me everything was last minute (or say a week before the exam, if that :facepalm2:) so I only had time to memorise and everything and hope for the best. If you go over everything beforehand properly and understand the content, memorising it will be a lot easier and you're more likely to remember.

6 ASs? Nice! You have a big variety there though. :yep: What's science in society like?

It wasn't planned unfortunately. :emo: Medicine re-applicant. At the moment I'm spending it working! For me, I do wish I didn't have to and would've much rather gone straight to university. As for summer, I haven't planned much yet. (I sound like a lazy git, I know. I most likely am. :colonhash:) But, with the fee rise, I can see why even those who wanted to take gap years are opting out. Not everyone is though, even then!
Reply 1242
Original post by Lunalocket
Quite a high chance ill be applying there too =)
I think its gonna be pretty sociable which is a big deal for me. And the rooms are pretty big, didnt you think?? :biggrin: i was happy with it.
AND for ensuite the price isnt through the roof like alot of en suite is.

Im still thinking about it though. Considering charles morris, the tannery and henry price.
I just wanna end up somewhere nice and sociable without any rah people XD

I'm thinking Clarence Dock too, looks lovely :smile:
Im sure we can all have a good time together, its right next to city centre ( good night out!) , and only 2.5 miles away from the university.
I reckon no matter what accomodation we choose we will all have a great time :biggrin:
Original post by Rokaf0
I'm thinking Clarence Dock too, looks lovely :smile:
Im sure we can all have a good time together, its right next to city centre ( good night out!) , and only 2.5 miles away from the university.
I reckon no matter what accomodation we choose we will all have a great time :biggrin:

F*** yes!! :biggrin: I just wanna end up in accommodation where people arent too formal with each other or kept to themselves XD you know, the kind or accommocation where the people who live there go out together, play drinking games in each others rooms, you know, stuff like that =)
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Oh thats alright then! I cant wait for them to be over our school then has our prom (even though its an all girls school haha) i dont even think people are bringing boyfriends haah! :| And then our leavers dinner with all our year & teachers its going to be so exciting! :biggrin:

Oh, i cant jog to save my life tredmill all the way.. haah :rolleyes:
Yeah uni uni uni uni leeds leeds leeds leeds! :biggrin: Im sure it'll work!

oh I go to an all girls school as well, though they started taking in boys for our 6th form this year, shame they're all in yr12 really :s-smilie:

and yh same here I need to get searching for a prom dress, people have bought their's already (my prom is 4th july) but I haven't even been searching yet, but I'm gonna browse lipsy and debenhams in a bit to see if there are any nice looking dresses on there. Do you know any shops with pretty prom dresses?

Lol last night was the first time I've been for a jog this year (I did over 2 miles but ended up walkin 4 a 1/4 of it lol, I need 2 build up my stamina and get in shape :rolleyes: )

but anyways uni uni uni leeds leeds leeds, I have got 2 get my chem done, I didn't get those 2 chemistry chapters done yesterday so I have to more than make up 4 it now :colonhash:
Original post by -Christabel-
oh I go to an all girls school as well, though they started taking in boys for our 6th form this year, shame they're all in yr12 really :s-smilie:

and yh same here I need to get searching for a prom dress, people have bought their's already (my prom is 4th july) but I haven't even been searching yet, but I'm gonna browse lipsy and debenhams in a bit to see if there are any nice looking dresses on there. Do you know any shops with pretty prom dresses?

Lol last night was the first time I've been for a jog this year (I did over 2 miles but ended up walkin 4 a 1/4 of it lol, I need 2 build up my stamina and get in shape :rolleyes: )

but anyways uni uni uni leeds leeds leeds, I have got 2 get my chem done, I didn't get those 2 chemistry chapters done yesterday so I have to more than make up 4 it now :colonhash:

Oh yeah thats what we did but they come for the all boys school down the road for odd lessons which is wierd I always gets shock walking in to the common room and seeing a boy! Uni will be so weird I don't have many boy friends!

Oh, well ours is June so it's pretty close after out exams I'm not looking for a proper prom dress but I've been looking on ASOS they have some really nice dresses and Aqua too but they are pretty expensive! But I may save up for one!!

Haha, I never go for a run I just go on the treadmill :smile:
I haven't done any tonight yet I'm far too tired... Uni uni uni uni uni Leeds Leeds Leeds haha I'm going to do an hour at half past!
Have fun doing chemistry I'm trying to do some philosophy! I love revising sociology so i tend to do that all the time haha!
Reply 1246
still not firmed leeds and i've gone back to square one regarding accomodation :tongue:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Aha, yeah. All the exams are done and now, it's just free time and more free time. Well, I say that, despite having a full time job so I suppose it isn't all free time. :tongue: But, it feels like I'm not doing much and come September, I'll be out of touch as far as academia goes. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I didn't work that hard. :tongue: I wish I did but ah well, dwelling on the past isn't going to get me far now. :lol:

You shouldn't stress! What do you have an offer for and what are the conditions? You'll be fine! Learn and understand the content + exam practice aplenty.
As for chemistry, there are tonnes of reactions! Especially in the final module of A2. (Gosh, it was only last year and it seems like forever ago! :eek:) I did learn the reactions and their conditions though. I'd like to think I understood them as well but for chem mostly I just memorised things.
It depends how you work - for me everything was last minute (or say a week before the exam, if that :facepalm2:) so I only had time to memorise and everything and hope for the best. If you go over everything beforehand properly and understand the content, memorising it will be a lot easier and you're more likely to remember.

6 ASs? Nice! You have a big variety there though. :yep: What's science in society like?

It wasn't planned unfortunately. :emo: Medicine re-applicant. At the moment I'm spending it working! For me, I do wish I didn't have to and would've much rather gone straight to university. As for summer, I haven't planned much yet. (I sound like a lazy git, I know. I most likely am. :colonhash:) But, with the fee rise, I can see why even those who wanted to take gap years are opting out. Not everyone is though, even then!

mmm I know the feeling, if I worked harder last year I might have been en route to undergraduate medicine, hopefully I'll apply for post graduate medicine when the time comes :rolleyes:. I'm going to be doing neuroscience and I need AAB in biology in chem plus another subject

ermm science in society, SIS, basically looks at science topics but puts it in context, for instance we learned about the effect of prescribed and illegal drugs on the neurotransmitters in the brain, we learned about Parkinsons disease (and the the neurotransmitter dopamine, and its treatment possibilities), learned about energy usage, environmental issues....things like that :smile:

Nahhh, I did that last minute revision thing last year and it did not go well, so I'm trying to get all my course content finished by the end of the Easter break, then I'll be doing past papers and brushing up on any weak areas 'til exam time, I'm writing out the reactions on flash cards and will read them wherever I go :colonhash:

lol yh I did 6, though I took AS SIS in yr 11, so I only did 5 last year, tbh I wish I hadn't bothered with english lit and citizenship, I would have been able to focus more on the subjects that matter; I only took citizenship because my school made us do the AQA Baccalaureate, and to be eligible we had to do a support subject :boring:

and lol you don't sound lazy, just sound like you've got a lil time on ur hands :tongue:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Oh yeah thats what we did but they come for the all boys school down the road for odd lessons which is wierd I always gets shock walking in to the common room and seeing a boy! Uni will be so weird I don't have many boy friends!

Oh, well ours is June so it's pretty close after out exams I'm not looking for a proper prom dress but I've been looking on ASOS they have some really nice dresses and Aqua too but they are pretty expensive! But I may save up for one!!

Haha, I never go for a run I just go on the treadmill :smile:
I haven't done any tonight yet I'm far too tired... Uni uni uni uni uni Leeds Leeds Leeds haha I'm going to do an hour at half past!
Have fun doing chemistry I'm trying to do some philosophy! I love revising sociology so i tend to do that all the time haha!

The all boys school down my road do IB instead of A levels so my school had to open up and take boys as well in case there are boys who wanted to go to a local grammar school to study a levels. and tell me about it, after being in an all girls school for so long its gonna b a shock, a welcome shock I hasten to add lol :tongue:, to study with boys again (I would have put a wink face here but I really didn't make my user name obscure enough to feel comfortable with running my mouth on here lol, clearly I did not think that through haha)

I shall definitely be checking out ASOS and Aqua (I've never heard of this one before) to see what kind of dresses they've got going

and what happened to your 3 hour quota?! work off that fatigue remember uni uni uni uni leeds leeds leeds :smile:

and lol I can see why jogs aren't appealing to you, the pain I'm feeling in my legs is immense, should teach me for going so long without a proper workout lol :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1249
Heeeey, does anyone know what the social aspect of the Tannery is like?
Reply 1250
Original post by katie416
Heeeey, does anyone know what the social aspect of the Tannery is like?

tis a mystery but I'm applying there, i think :smile:
Original post by Cally M
would charles morris be a good choice for somewhere that would be very sociable, in a attractive area, but somewhere that some serious work could also be done?

i have heard (and seen) all these things about charles morris and have applied there myself. i do hope it will be like that.
maybe someone who has stayed there would have useful input.....
Reply 1252
Reply 1253
Original post by HappyMeal
i have heard (and seen) all these things about charles morris and have applied there myself. i do hope it will be like that.
maybe someone who has stayed there would have useful input.....

yeah someone speak up pleasee!
Reply 1254
applied for Henry Price :smile: hope I get in
ive applied 4 henry price 2 x
Original post by dmz
still not firmed leeds and i've gone back to square one regarding accomodation :tongue:

Why havent you firmed leeds yet? XD Still not sure you wanna go there?
I was seriously stuck at one point between leeds and newcastle but i recently realised that i really do wanna go to leeds more. :biggrin:

And yeah, choosing accommodation is f*** hard :s-smilie:
Reply 1257
Why havent you firmed leeds yet? XD Still not sure you wanna go there?
I was seriously stuck at one point between leeds and newcastle but i recently realised that i really do wanna go to leeds more. :biggrin:

And yeah, choosing accommodation is f*** hard :s-smilie:

I've not hard much choice over my ucas status till recent, it makes me feel powerful :teehee: I'm definitely going to leeds whatever i'm doing unless i were to get a last minute medicine offer which wouldn't happen :lol:. I want to go to the open day for my course in June not that it'd make much difference
My ex is at newcastle, real drama with her so i can't even think about the place, lol.

Yer, decided to settle for the tannery 80% , any closer to a decision?
Original post by dmz
I've not hard much choice over my ucas status till recent, it makes me feel powerful :teehee: I'm definitely going to leeds whatever i'm doing unless i were to get a last minute medicine offer which wouldn't happen :lol:. I want to go to the open day for my course in June not that it'd make much difference
My ex is at newcastle, real drama with her so i can't even think about the place, lol.

Yer, decided to settle for the tannery 80% , any closer to a decision?

lmao :P so your ex has put you off a whole area. I wish my ex coulda done that so i could have firmed leeds sooner :tongue:

At the moment, im actually leaning more towards either charles morris or clarence dock, even though they're both very different and have their annoying problems - such as i feel charles morris wont be sociable at all hardly, and clarence dock is far from the uni and decent student areas.

I wanna have ensuite first, then a place with a good social life. Im not fussed about catered or self catered, and distance isnt so bad, but obviously the closer the better.
Reply 1259
lmao :P so your ex has put you off a whole area. I wish my ex coulda done that so i could have firmed leeds sooner :tongue:

At the moment, im actually leaning more towards either charles morris or clarence dock, even though they're both very different and have their annoying problems - such as i feel charles morris wont be sociable at all hardly, and clarence dock is far from the uni and decent student areas.

I wanna have ensuite first, then a place with a good social life. Im not fussed about catered or self catered, and distance isnt so bad, but obviously the closer the better.

haha, i disliked her so freaking much and still like hooked up with her days ago tho she has a bf :tongue:, we're that messed up. Leeds is pretty awesome though from what i've seen and heard :yep:

Yer, Clarence Dock was my initial choice but i've gone off it now, i figured if i'm close enough to town social should be good enough plus it's always down to hall mates really. Charles Morris is awesome but the potential people worry me more than anything else

En-suite first, then social :tongue:, i'd rather have self catered but also not an issue. But Tannery seems best situated for me so far since JBP's too risky.

Latest