The Student Room Group

Empathy Quotient test - with poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
55. I'm a very empathetic guy, REALLY good with people, can place myself in their shoes easily. I find it hard to believe some people aren't exaggerating the extent to which the propositions are true.
Reply 261
76?! Didn't see that coming! :tongue:

I study sciences... if you can call OCR Salters Chemistry & Human Biology 'sciences' :wink:
I got 47, dead average for women. My brother is autistic, so it would be pretty interesting to get him to take the test.
Reply 264
Your score: 21
0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)
33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)
53 - 63 is above average
64 - 80 is very high
80 is maximum
Right...
Not really sure what to say here..
Original post by Superfrank
I see that you're from Finland. Funnily enough, one of my friends at university is too and she's ALWAYS really blunt and honest etcccc! And apparently in Finnish there are less terms of endearment than in English? Maybe it's a Finnish thing haha

Yes, you are very right indeed! It is said that Finnish people are maybe even too honest. And some people, like our English teachers, even say that our honesty is considered naivete in many other countries. I like honesty because it makes things easier. You can really know what someone thinks/means and when someone says something nice, you know that they are speaking the truth and that they really mean it.

And yes, Finnish people may even sound rude even though they don't mean it. It's completely normal to say "give it to me, put it here, open that, move there" and other commands in Finnish. If we truly want to be polite, we use that "could you" phrase but we don't have any word in Finnish that is like "please". So when we go abroad, we may forget that how polite you have to be. I sometimes forget to put please in the end of the sentence. Not because I want to be rude, it's just because I forget sometimes.

There are a lot of things that are very different in Finland. Many Finnish people abroad have been shocked how easily people make plans but then 'forget' or just don't bother to show up. Here making plans with someone is like signing a contract :tongue: Jk, but people really take things like that seriously. Even if you see someone on a street and say "We should meet some day", it is a promise that you'll meet him/her some day. People abroad just seem to say that out of politeness, not because they really want to see you.

Of course not all people are like this. Some people are dishonest, some people are really polite and some people don't respect plans. Same goes with people from other countries. But most people here aren't like that. I guess it's a Finnish thing as you said :biggrin:
Your score: 7

Not entirely unexpected. Given that my general demeanour in day to day life is that other people should be systematically purged and eradicated.
(edited 13 years ago)
64 - I've surprised myself.
63. Yeah, about right, I think :smile:

EDIT: Just realised, it ties in with the quote in my sig nicely :lol:
52, science degree.

Dead on upper boundary of average.
I am a little suprised as I do spend most of my life trying to help others.
39. Quite surprised really, I thought it would be a little higher. Some of the questions were a bit bizarre though, I feel that I do understand other people's emotions I just don't always care (something that isn't really highlighted on the test). I do argue with people but I am also known as a good listener...the questions were a bit all or nothing. Oh and I study an arts subject.
Original post by Saluki-Sake
76?! Didn't see that coming! :tongue:

I study sciences... if you can call OCR Salters Chemistry & Human Biology 'sciences' :wink:

Salters is a difficult board, so I'd say it is :p:
35 - have to say I'm surprised thought I'd be lower.
25 - ummmm wow.
Also I fail to see how getting a score below 20 mean you most likely have autism? It means your a worm-cutting, un-feeling and heartless sociopath.
42, as empathetic as the universe needs me to be.
BNPer with a score of 62
Reply 277
19. I'm not autistic, just rather egoistical.
Original post by BookWormShanti
63. Yeah, about right, I think :smile:

EDIT: Just realised, it ties in with the quote in my sig nicely :lol:

Hey BWS, I got 19 - almost opposite your level of empathy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending