The Student Room Group

Confused about whether I'm pregnant.

Before you all judge, my boyfriend and I are always very safe, but the condom broke and we didn't realise until it was all over. I wasn't drunk, it wasn't heat of the moment or all of those reasons, it was a geniune bad luck.

I can't remember exactly the date of my last period, but my boyfriend and I have worked it out to around the 8th of March, and it was supposed to be due on the fifth of this month. Recently I have been having random waves of queasiness especially in the mornings, I've suddenly become obsessed with soy sauce and rice, I've been very tired, my nipples seem to have gotten bigger (although I might just be *looking* for a symptom there) and I am still not on my period.

So far I've taken three pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. I took one on the last day of March, one on the fourth and one today. But my symptoms keep going, and I'm scared I'll run out of time for a medicinal abortion.

What do I do?? :frown:

TL,DR; I've been having a few pregnancy symptoms but I've taken three pregnancy tests and they've all come out negative.
Reply 1
If all the tests are negative, the chances are very, very high that you're not pregnant, and that your period is late and you're getting the other symptoms because you're stressing about it.

Take another one in a week or so and if it's still negative then you're in the clear.
You are not pregnant.
if you are truely concerned see a doctor
but most likely your stressing about it and making yourself feel this way...
Reply 4
So you didn't get the morning after pill anyway?
Reply 5
I was having the symptoms before I even thought of it though. I had to go home from college because i felt ill, and I told my mum, and she asked if I was pregnant. I laughed and said "of course not" but then the moment she dropped me home and drove back to work I burst into tears and started freaking out because it all seemed to make sense.
Reply 6
Original post by Funkss!
So you didn't get the morning after pill anyway?

I didn't even think to, I know it's stupid. Anyway, I live in a rural area I would have had to have been driven there by my mum. :eek:
Reply 7
Na its highly unlikely your pregnant.
If your worried about pregnacy, you tend to notice little things that are vaguely linked, and it makes you more scared. If you were pregnant, its unlikely you'd have all those symptoms so early on.
Dont panic, your fine :smile: I think every girl goes through this at least once in their lives
Reply 8
i thought you were supposed to take a pregnancy test like 12-14 days after the possible conception so the pregnancy hormone can start to become evident? Try it again after that time and see, it wont hurt surely?
Reply 9
Are you really stressed right now? being stressed can actually delay, or even cause you to skip your period. You're probably not pregnant, but go to a doctor and get a blood test to make absolutely sure, and next time the condom breaks take the plan B pill.
Reply 10
Original post by ahoward
i thought you were supposed to take a pregnancy test like 12-14 days after the possible conception so the pregnancy hormone can start to become evident? Try it again after that time and see, it wont hurt surely?

The box said from theday/day before of your due/missed period. And to be fair the possible conception was early march...
Original post by Anonymous
Before you all judge, my boyfriend and I are always very safe, but the condom broke and we didn't realise until it was all over. I wasn't drunk, it wasn't heat of the moment or all of those reasons, it was a geniune bad luck.

I can't remember exactly the date of my last period, but my boyfriend and I have worked it out to around the 8th of March, and it was supposed to be due on the fifth of this month. Recently I have been having random waves of queasiness especially in the mornings, I've suddenly become obsessed with soy sauce and rice, I've been very tired, my nipples seem to have gotten bigger (although I might just be *looking* for a symptom there) and I am still not on my period.

So far I've taken three pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. I took one on the last day of March, one on the fourth and one today. But my symptoms keep going, and I'm scared I'll run out of time for a medicinal abortion.

What do I do?? :frown:

TL,DR; I've been having a few pregnancy symptoms but I've taken three pregnancy tests and they've all come out negative.

3 negatives? give it another week and test it again. if the symptoms still continues, i suggest seeing a GP as it could mean something else
Reply 12
morning after pill next time please, you wouldnt have to worry so much that way.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous

You're probably feeling ill from the paranioa. You shouldn't be getting ill till around 16-20 weeks anyway. (sometimes earlier)
You can do a medicinal abortion as late as 19 weeks (from experiance)
Wait around for your period. But it can be affected by stress.
Go to the doctors if you do miss it completely. They have more diffinative tests

Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Go to the doctors, if not for piece of mind, just to be on the safe side!
Reply 15
Okay, thank you everyone, you've given me some peace of mind. If I haven't started my period in a week I'll go to the doctors.
Original post by _brody_
You shouldn't be getting ill till around 16-20 weeks anyway. (sometimes earlier)

Wuttt?

You're so very misinformed. You tend to get morning sickness in your first trimester. By the time you're onto around your 13th week, the sickness tends to have either faded quite a lot, or stopped altogether, unless you're very unlucky and happen to be one of those women who are ill the whole way through the pregnancy.

Weeks 16-20 are usually relatively nausea-free if you're having a textbook pregnancy!

I don't know which medical book you've been reading, but I suggest you read a different one :wink:

To the OP - you've had three negatives. Although that's not a definite, it does suggest that you're not pregnant. We can't really help you further with this I'm afraid, other than suggesting taking another test (try a different brand of test maybe?) or seeing your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending