The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Original post by e hine e
We should! I'm always jealous of things like show choir and the performing arts camps they have in the US.

me too! most unis have musical theatre societies tho which go to Edinburgh fringe :smile:
I can sympathise, a lot of songs they've done that people seemed to know I was clueless on.

Spoiler

I only have 1 'real life' friend who is really into Glee, some others like the music but not the show then others are against it for moral reason (don't even ask). Clearly I need to make new friends.

Spoiler

Talking of making new friends, I'm worried that I'll be too scared to admit that I even like Glee (and a lot of other things) at uni, so will have to live a double life of some kind! I do like Batman, so maybe that'll work...
Reply 2162
Right, not sure any of you are going to believe me, but ima throw this long shot in xD

Principal Figgins we all know him? Yeah...he's related to me..

Tell me a way to prove to you and I shall try lol
Original post by shinobi93

Spoiler

Talking of making new friends, I'm worried that I'll be too scared to admit that I even like Glee (and a lot of other things) at uni, so will have to live a double life of some kind! I do like Batman, so maybe that'll work...

Spoiler

You should take the advice Mercedes gave Kurt in season one-Glee club is all about what's inside you*, tell everyone you love Glee then you might find some people who share that interest rather than not tell anyone and end up spending the year hanging out with boring people (ie non Gleeks) and finding out all along there's been a group of Gleeks hanging out :woo: I plan on doing that although I'm not ruling the possibility it might leave me sitting alone in the library all year with no one to talk to...

*just a note, if you do ever say something this cheesy in university you will probably be slushied
Original post by iRush
Right, not sure any of you are going to believe me, but ima throw this long shot in xD

Principal Figgins we all know him? Yeah...he's related to me..

Tell me a way to prove to you and I shall try lol

If you can get him to talk to Chris and persuade him to come get coffee with me when he's here in England on tour (and bring Darren along for diamonddust) I will believe you.
Reply 2165
If you can get him to talk to Chris and persuade him to come get coffee with me when he's here in England on tour (and bring Darren along for diamonddust) I will believe you.

Orr, you can speak to him yourself? XD

He has a fan page on facebook, which he himself runs, and he talks to whoever posts to him. Hard to believe yes, but he is my uncle, only time he's visited me though was last year after 14 years, we're pretty close on facebook etc, but it was nice having him over.

Search Iqbal Theba Page on FB and ask him if he has a nephew in Dubai :P

Spoiler

You should take the advice Mercedes gave Kurt in season one-Glee club is all about what's inside you*, tell everyone you love Glee then you might find some people who share that interest rather than not tell anyone and end up spending the year hanging out with boring people (ie non Gleeks) and finding out all along there's been a group of Gleeks hanging out :woo: I plan on doing that although I'm not ruling the possibility it might leave me sitting alone in the library all year with no one to talk to...

*just a note, if you do ever say something this cheesy in university you will probably be slushied

Spoiler

Nothing like following the advice of shows that burst into song to resolve issues :biggrin: I might as well tell them about Glee, it's not like that'll make me uncool compared with my other interests. Although when I went to my interview, someone there didn't know what Britain's Got Talent was, so maybe they won't even have heard of it!

Spoiler

Nothing like following the advice of shows that burst into song to resolve issues :biggrin: I might as well tell them about Glee, it's not like that'll make me uncool compared with my other interests. Although when I went to my interview, someone there didn't know what Britain's Got Talent was, so maybe they won't even have heard of it!

I didn't have a TV during the first few seasons of BGT and even I knew what it was (can't escape the Cowell). That person must have been living in isolation :eek3: I'm pretty worried that I watch so many shows and musicals now that just burst into song for no reason that I'll start doing it at inappropriate moments. If anyone sees someone dancing and singing on furniture or down the aisles of a supermarket that'll be me :biggrin:
Yes! Take me or leave me, not unrelated at all. I loved it!!

It was out of context but still pretty good.

not amazing video quality but saves you going through 4od if you don't fancy it :smile:

I fully appreciate the Emma Watson in your sig :biggrin:

AHHHH! :biggrin: I love Glee and I love RENT, this is just . . . I can't even . . .

I didn't have a TV during the first few seasons of BGT and even I knew what it was (can't escape the Cowell). That person must have been living in isolation :eek3: I'm pretty worried that I watch so many shows and musicals now that just burst into song for no reason that I'll start doing it at inappropriate moments. If anyone sees someone dancing and singing on furniture or down the aisles of a supermarket that'll be me :biggrin:

I fear I'll start going into Gap and singing When I Get You Alone, perhaps whilst standing on or diving under tables :biggrin: or at least leaning against displays and pretending to be jealous Kurt.
Original post by csea
I hope there's a glee club at uni!!! :d

If there isn't one at mine I think I'll start one. I'll just stand somewhere public on my first day and start singing 'Just a small town girl...' and see who comes running.

There's a Glee club at my first choice! :biggrin: :cool:

I'm always doing that! My Psychology teacher said 'listen' and I burst into 'LISTEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN! I am alone at a crossroad...' and then I got two other girls in my class to join in and my teacher was just staring at us like ':indiff: Are you done?'. I miss my other friend! He did music and I helped him rehearse for his music exam by singing Mrs Lovett's bit and we always used to sing 'If You Were Gay' from Avenue Q in English and burst out laughing at the 'but I'm not gay' bit... *sigh*
Those were good times... :tongue:

OMG Trouty Mouth on Glee Radio! :biggrin:

Have I told you lately that I love you? :tongue:

That would the the most awesome coffee date ever! I don't even know what I'd say to Darren... I'd just, like, stare at him (not that there's anything wrong with that! :wink:) and then say something stupid like 'OMG, hi Darren! I love you! I didn't mean to say that... I mean, I love your music! I mean you're amazing. Your music is amazing... not that you're not amazing, I mean you're great but I don't really know you so I can't say- *shuts up*' or 'Do you do anything to get your eyebrows so triangular?'. I'm not good with celebrities... or people, in general... :tongue: :biggrin:

I'd probably ask Chris about his writing...

I don't like Glee's version of Rehab. :blush: Stay away from my Amy Winehouse, Glee! :tongue:
Original post by diamonddust

:woo: I need to change my uni choice.

I fear I'll start going into Gap and singing When I Get You Alone, perhaps whilst standing on or diving under tables :biggrin: or at least leaning against displays and pretending to be jealous Kurt.

:rofl: clothes shopping will never be the same again.

I'm always doing that! My Psychology teacher said 'listen' and I burst into 'LISTEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN! I am alone at a crossroad...' and then I got two other girls in my class to join in and my teacher was just staring at us like ':indiff: Are you done?'. I miss my other friend! He did music and I helped him rehearse for his music exam by singing Mrs Lovett's bit and we always used to sing 'If You Were Gay' from Avenue Q in English and burst out laughing at the 'but I'm not gay' bit... *sigh*
Those were good times... :tongue:

OMG Trouty Mouth on Glee Radio! :biggrin:

love it.

I can't believe you did that in class :rofl: I didn't even sing in my music class.

Have I told you lately that I love you? :tongue:

That would the the most awesome coffee date ever! I don't even know what I'd say to Darren... I'd just, like, stare at him (not that there's anything wrong with that! :wink:) and then say something stupid like 'OMG, hi Darren! I love you! I didn't mean to say that... I mean, I love your music! I mean you're amazing. Your music is amazing... not that you're not amazing, I mean you're great but I don't really know you so I can't say- *shuts up*' or 'Do you do anything to get your eyebrows so triangular?'. I'm not good with celebrities... or people, in general... :tongue: :biggrin:

I'd probably ask Chris about his writing...

I don't like Glee's version of Rehab. :blush: Stay away from my Amy Winehouse, Glee! :tongue:

I'd be unable to form sentences if I met Chris Colfer. I can't wait for Chris' film to come out (whether it's small scale or bigger as long as I can see it). Please promise me you'll not talk to Darren about his eyebrows if you ever meet him :rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
:woo: I need to change my uni choice.

:rofl: clothes shopping will never be the same again.

love it.

I can't believe you did that in class :rofl: I didn't even sing in my music class.

I'd be unable to form sentences if I met Chris Colfer. I can't wait for Chris' film to come out (whether it's small scale or bigger as long as I can see it). Please promise me you'll not talk to Darren about his eyebrows if you ever meet him :rofl:

I promise... can I ask Chris about his fluffy perfect hair? :tongue:
I'd probably be like 'Gnah! You're Chris Colfer! I know you know that but ghijiaja... wow...'
I can't wait either! :biggrin: See, it's weird! I had to sing in music class once and I totally froze and ran out but I can sing if it's 'jokey' and no-one's thinking it's my actual voice... does that make any sense? No? :s-smilie: :tongue:

Teenage Dream is on Glee Radio! :biggrin: *still hates the song*

I'd probably be like 'Gnah! You're Chris Colfer! I know you know that but ghijiaja... wow...'
I can't wait either! :biggrin: See, it's weird! I had to sing in music class once and I totally froze and ran out but I can sing if it's 'jokey' and no-one's thinking it's my actual voice... does that make any sense? No? :s-smilie: :tongue:

I think you could just about get away with asking him about his hair, just don't try and touch it (like in a weird fan meet video with Darren I found :s-smilie:). I was watching the signing Chris was doing after the Paley fest and I just thought OMG if I was there :eek3:

It makes total sense, I sing around the house all the time but as soon as someone asks me to stand still and sing something seriously I fall apart :rofl:
It's the GLAAD awards tonight, Darren and Chris might be there but no guarantees and Mike O'Malley (Burt) will be there. You can watch the red carpet/interviews live here http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards/live think it's about 10.30 tonight UK time but don't quote me on that :s-smilie:
Reply 2177

where's that? :smile:
We have a Glee club at school for mostly lower school which I've somehow ended up co-leading...controlling lots of overexcited year 7-10s is interesting! Amazing fun though :woo:
Reply 2179

I think you could just about get away with asking him about his hair, just don't try and touch it (like in a weird fan meet video with Darren I found :s-smilie:). I was watching the signing Chris was doing after the Paley fest and I just thought OMG if I was there :eek3:

It makes total sense, I sing around the house all the time but as soon as someone asks me to stand still and sing something seriously I fall apart :rofl:

Can I just say that I am terribly disappointed for not getting an inivation to this Darren Criss / Chris Colfer coffee extravaganza?? :tongue: And I would totally talk about the odd eyebrows - it's the only thing we have in common!

I am the complete opposite when it comes to singing, actually. I have had singing classes since I was 6, and I have to sing at academy concerts fairly often. When I'm on stage and can't look people in the eyes I'm not nervous at all, but when I'm singing at home (not practicing, just singing for fun) I feel very self-conscious and embarrassed :redface: It really doesn't make any sense at all.

Quick Reply

Latest