The Student Room Group

Anyone hit an animal? :-(

We all dread it, but it happens. I remember, last year, I'd gone over 2 years without hitting an animal, and at 3:30am on the way home from my girlfreinds a badger jumped out and I hit it at 55mph.

I was pretty mortified and stopped to see what it was, if it was a cat or dog I'd have phoned the owner through morals. It jumped right out and I only saw its white stripe so couldn't be sure till I got out and checked

Anyone else hit anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A bird flew into my bus today. It was horrible D: I'm not sure I could drive afterwards if I hit anything, I wasn't even driving and I felt really bad.. I feel really bad for you, people go "oh it's just an animal!" but it's still horrible knowing you killed something.
My mom hit a pigeon once. Well the pigeon hit us. It flew into the wind shield and its chest ripped open. I have no idea why it was flying so low.
Reply 3
It was twitching when I got out to check :-(
Reply 4
I once tried to run over a pigeon, ex went mad :colonhash:

e: I can see all those who negged me, that was the only reason i subscribed now for revenge :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Why would you do it on purpose?
I accidently hit my dog in the face once. Sitting on my sofa, turned to my side and she was there, swung my arm and it smacked her face :frown: Felt bad. O, well. She pisses me off more :wink:
Reply 7
Read this as anyone been hit by an animal.
Aw I know how awful it feels. I've yet to hit anything, I sometimes stupidly push my car out onto the side to avoid hitting rabbits etc. But sometimes you just can't avoid it. Where I live the road back and forth to University is filled with daredevil grouse trying their utmost to get laid flat. It's gonna happen one day but you just gotta think 'dumba*s badger', apologise and be on your way.
Reply 9
this thing made a hell of a bang, lifted two wheels off the ground and my tool box ended up on the floor
Reply 10
I ran over a squirrel with a Land Rover Defender last week.

That was 10 points.

Edit: Wow, lots of love for the squirrel. I didn't run it over intentionally, the stupid thing ran out in-front of me!
(edited 13 years ago)
It's natural selection, really your just aiding nature.
In India the stupid driver hit a buffalo. :frown:

It fell, got up and walked away..
Original post by dmz
I once tried to run over a pigeon, ex went mad :colonhash:

your post reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngHTlJkfssY
Reply 14
Original post by Landie_Man
Why would you do it on purpose?

I have no regards for the life of pigeons :lol:
Reply 15
Original post by The_Goose
your post reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngHTlJkfssY

LMAO, i remembered that episode
Original post by Landie_Man
this thing made a hell of a bang, lifted two wheels off the ground and my tool box ended up on the floor

badgers can do a hell of a lot of damage.

worse I did was hit a pheasant

sad part of the story?

it was one of a bonded pair =( poor lonely remaining pheasant
Reply 17
Not sure if it was a rabbit or a badger, but it was in the middle of the road having already been hit by another driver. It was just after a bend and I couldn't avoid it in time. I felt terrible, especially as it was a week before my test. Most likely killed it as it'd already been hit. My mum said if I had then I'd have stopped it dying slowly but it didn't make it feel any better.
Reply 18
A pigeon bitch slapped me with its wing once.
(edited 13 years ago)
A seagull swooped down right infront of me whilst I was doing 60-65 mph some of it was stuck in my grill. I took it to one of those car washes where the car is pulled along. But I also paid for the handwash the guys face when he saw it lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending