The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York University accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainbow drops
I wonder if the dept will label itself as being in Derwent from then on, then... and will the Courtyard not be Langwith's bar any more if all its accommodation is moving? This is all a bit confusing :/

I think it was me you were having the convo with :tongue: I love the Leavis room dearly, even though I never achieve anything in there any more. It's always too full of people being all hysterical or talkative or moany about how crap our book-filled lives are. Wish we had it last year as well.

Fair point. They'd have to go under the Derwent banner. o_O No idea about the Courtyard. I've heard rumours that YUSU may get its hands on a building for SU building purposes, but that's highly unlikely. Regardless, I want the Courtyard to stay. I need my cheap coffee supplies and like spotting certain members of staff buying their postgrads drinks...

I thought it may have been, but my memory's treacherous! Heh, can you believe it's still frequented? Haven't had much trouble getting work done in there, but that's because I'm used to noisy environments. But yes, much love for the Leavis room and this brand new TV of ours. Had we had it last year, we'd have got to know more of our year group. Second years rarely drop by, so I've been adopted by the third years...

Also, almost time for the annual cricket match :biggrin:
University of York
York
Original post by Moroseblight
Fair point. They'd have to go under the Derwent banner. o_O No idea about the Courtyard. I've heard rumours that YUSU may get its hands on a building for SU building purposes, but that's highly unlikely. Regardless, I want the Courtyard to stay. I need my cheap coffee supplies and like spotting certain members of staff buying their postgrads drinks...

I thought it may have been, but my memory's treacherous! Heh, can you believe it's still frequented? Haven't had much trouble getting work done in there, but that's because I'm used to noisy environments. But yes, much love for the Leavis room and this brand new TV of ours. Had we had it last year, we'd have got to know more of our year group. Second years rarely drop by, so I've been adopted by the third years...

Also, almost time for the annual cricket match :biggrin:

I know, I really don't get why it only seems to be our year that doesn't use it much! I do see other second years the odd time but it's nearly always just third years and sometimes freshers. It's so much nicer than working in the library IMO, but then I'd take basically anywhere on campus over that boiling hot, noisy craphole :grumble: People talking is fine but I can't stand the noise of that building work and the floor that the English books are on feels like a sauna. Urgh.

Haha, I'd forgotten about that. I didn't go last year and then regretted it, so I'll rock up this year.
Original post by rainbow drops
I know, I really don't get why it only seems to be our year that doesn't use it much! I do see other second years the odd time but it's nearly always just third years and sometimes freshers. It's so much nicer than working in the library IMO, but then I'd take basically anywhere on campus over that boiling hot, noisy craphole :grumble: People talking is fine but I can't stand the noise of that building work and the floor that the English books are on feels like a sauna. Urgh.

Haha, I'd forgotten about that. I didn't go last year and then regretted it, so I'll rock up this year.

Ugh. Don't get me started on the library. I hear they should be finished with all the work before we start term, so fingers crossed they get on with it! I guess our year doesn't spend as much time on campus and/or has other haunts. Not looking forward to the library in this heat... The Brian Blessed Centre seemed like a nicer alternative last summer.

Yay! Turnout was ABYSMAL last year. Even after they attempted to lure us with sun and drinks (the latter lay untouched and unloved). I hope it's still being run this year.

OP, Derwent E block might be worth a look. Or James College.
Reply 23
English isnt moving to Hes East any time soon afaik! Langwith should be there in time for 2012 start, sports centre at the end of 2012 and theres meant to be some shops and stuff coming sometime soon too! I heard a rumour that Biologys meant to be coming over some time soon too?

(and i think all law, management, CS and TFTV lectures are all on Hes East)
Langwith isn't moving until year after next, and there's been no announcement as to when English is moving.

I agree with what the others were saying earlier- anywhere on campus will mean that you're five minutes from lectures.

I'm an English student at the moment, and while most of the English stuff is in Langwith, I had seminars in Wentworth this year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest