The Student Room Group

Anyone hit an animal? :-(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hit a sparrow! It got sucked into my air scoop for the radiator at about 60mph through some country lanes, wasn't going to swerve for a sparrow so it got it. Wish I had because clearing out all the bloody feathers took hours!

At least it died instantly when it hit my radiator!
Original post by RoshniDiya
In India the stupid driver hit a buffalo. :frown:

It fell, got up and walked away..

That's one tough buffalo :tongue:
Was the car dented?
Reply 22
Original post by Melanie-v
That's one tough buffalo :tongue:
Was the car dented?

Maybe the Indian chap was trying to replicate this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50A9wjJ40Dk
Reply 23
Original post by gbduo
Maybe the Indian chap was trying to replicate this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50A9wjJ40Dk

LOL nice commerical, though Peugeot made an EPIC advert some years before! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g4F6FMJkiw
Reply 24
I've taken out a couple of partridges before, and had a fair few close calls with pheasants (I was working on a farm with a shoot). Also nearly impaled a hare on a spring tine.. I was only doing about 6mph..
They're all bloody stupid animals though
Nearly hit a kitten once... i was traumatised!
I've taken out a bird of some kind on the old 50cc motorbike before...

It ran to the other side of the road then flew diagonally up towards my face... It hit the top part of my bike then flipped into my helmet as i ducked and just caught my helmet..

considering the amount of blood/feather attached to my bike/helmet afterwards i'd say it died.....

Also, the people that annoy me the most are the ones that endanger human lives by swerving over the road and almost causing collisions to try and avoid hitting a squirrel or tiny bird...
They'll move 99% of the time and if they don't it's their fault for standing in the road...
I raged at my mum once for almost killing us in a head on collision once because she swerved to the other side of the road to avoid some tiny rabbit on the road... FFs...
Original post by Lewroll
My mom hit a pigeon once. Well the pigeon hit us. It flew into the wind shield and its chest ripped open. I have no idea why it was flying so low.

It was a terrorist pigeon. Your Mum is a hero. :yep:
Reply 28
i once found a dying bird by my house and took it in to try and heal it. but it just got worse. to ease its suffering, i snapped its neck. i can still feel its struggling in my hands when i think back on it. what a haunting moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4gDU8dNV-o

skip to 45 seconds. absolute BLEURGH!
Reply 30
I squashed a rat once, poor bastard.
I hit a turtle with a jetskii once...:/
Reply 32
Original post by lyrical_lie
I hit a turtle with a jetskii once...:/

Sicko
:colonhash:
Original post by M1F2R3
Sicko
:colonhash:

Not intentionally I was sad, because I had just seen finding nemo...:frown:
Reply 34
A pheasant when I was learning (at about 60mph). The bloody things have a death wish though, you can make every attempt to get around them but generally they just love walking right into the path of your car ( or certainly the ones around here anyway).
I've lightly hit a deer before. I kind of saw it coming and stopped but just managed to tap it. It ran off and seemed to be fine.

Although around where i live hitting rabbits is considered sport! There are so many of them!
Reply 36
Original post by lyrical_lie
Not intentionally I was sad, because I had just seen finding nemo...:frown:

That's what they all say :colonhash:

FYI:

Reply 37
I hit a bat once - it left a perfect bat shaped dust print on the screen
Original post by RoshniDiya
In India the stupid driver hit a buffalo. :frown:

It fell, got up and walked away..

They always walk off to die, always. :colonhash:
Reply 39
I hit a pigeon a while ago, and when I looked in the rear view mirror there was this huge cloud of grey and white feathers.
The car behind me had to drive through it. Bet they thought I was a horrible person! Either that or they thought it was awesome having to drive through the feather cloud!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending