I thought it was :sexface:

Hell yea!!, MFU U= undetermined :teehee:
Think we might be wrecking some innocence on here

I try. :sexface:

Ahaha, maybe we should keep it to 2011. :tongue:
Reply 781
any graduates?
Original post by haleem
I know. :colonhash: The stress before that exam is :puke: because that tests makes or breaks your application to so many unis...

Wembley, and it was in Ealing... which by car is about 25 mins drive... but I didn't drive then, had get a lift/tube/walk... usually took 45mins on average, but the tube here is :facepalm2: sometimes...

Lucky :colonhash:

Haha, you nerd :tongue: Did you mention it?

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash: It was a rehab hospital, so they came in to improve stuff like mobililty most of the time. Quite small, only three wards... so not fancy equipments, plus doctors only around in the morning...I could probably get bank shifts there, but its too far tbh and some of the nurses are really bitchy :colonhash:

It doesn't, I applied for about another 30 in November, actually putting effort in to writing the whole PSstyle thingy...Only got one interview, but then realised it wasn't under 10miles away, as the website stated, instead in was somewher near Lancashire :facepalm2: :rofl:

It does! The stress following the exam if you're score is more towards the rubbish end though, so much more. :sad:

Ah, you're a Londoner! So much worse, if I was to imagine. Are you still going to be moving out for Bart's? We know people in Wembley! The lady has 3 daughters - eldest is a doctor, in the middle is a dentist, and the youngest is an optometrist. All went to King's iicr.

I didn't, no. They didn't ask either. :tongue:

Ahaha, I know what you mean about female workers and their bitchiness. It's actually pretty nasty at times but ah well. Bank shifts wouldn't be too bad though? If you don't get anywhere else?

Lancashire? :rofl: That'd be closer to me and I'm in Yorkshire, as opposed to London. :rofl: Trust the only interview to be from there. :nothing: Maybe they thought you showed real enthusiasm or something. :rofl2:
Original post by b-beauty
any graduates?

Yes, me. Why?
Original post by Mask Of Sanity

You're going to apply whilst at uni? My friend did that and got an offer! :gah: Plus, with your academics I believe you should. Butbutbut. LONDON! :party2:

Did she apply for Medicine ? :eek: That's really great for her :biggrin: Where did she apply to ? :flutter:
Original post by dariadaphne
Did she apply for Medicine ? :eek: That's really great for her :biggrin: Where did she apply to ? :flutter:

He applied to King's. :yep: And it is! Incredibly chuffed for him.
He applied to King's. :yep: And it is! Incredibly chuffed for him.

Oops :teehee: Sorry for the ''her'' part, I didn't know it was a him :teehee:
Reply 787
any graduates?

Me. :smile: Are you going to apply for the 5 year or 4 year courses (bare in mind the increased tuition fee)?
Original post by Panda89
Me. :smile: Are you going to apply for the 5 year or 4 year courses (bare in mind the increased tuition fee)?

What was your degree in, panda. Did you apply this year and did you get any offers.
Reply 789
It does! The stress following the exam if you're score is more towards the rubbish end though, so much more. :sad:

Ah, you're a Londoner! So much worse, if I was to imagine. Are you still going to be moving out for Bart's? We know people in Wembley! The lady has 3 daughters - eldest is a doctor, in the middle is a dentist, and the youngest is an optometrist. All went to King's iicr.

I didn't, no. They didn't ask either. :tongue:

Ahaha, I know what you mean about female workers and their bitchiness. It's actually pretty nasty at times but ah well. Bank shifts wouldn't be too bad though? If you don't get anywhere else?

Lancashire? :rofl: That'd be closer to me and I'm in Yorkshire, as opposed to London. :rofl: Trust the only interview to be from there. :nothing: Maybe they thought you showed real enthusiasm or something. :rofl2:

Yeah, I know.. esp during the first two applications, because you know its not gonna end well :sad:

:yep: I dunno, apparently you dont get accomodation if you live within the M25, that reminds me, I need to ring them to ask... but if its true, most probably I will commute... should take about an hour, my friend does the same :s-smilie:
Really? Haha, wow...they got every base covered there then :rofl:

Hmm, I guess... But I was the only other male on my ward, and the youngest by faaar... so at times it was a bit scary :afraid:

:rofl: Dunno what they saw, but it was an epic fail on my part :rofl: :facepalm2: :getmecoat:
Reply 790
Original post by firestar101
What was your degree in, panda. Did you apply this year and did you get any offers.

I'm in my final year of biochemistry. I applied, but 4 straight rejections (low UKCAT and didn't spend that long on my P.S). What about you?
Original post by Panda89
I'm in my final year of biochemistry. I applied, but 4 straight rejections (low UKCAT and didn't spend that long on my P.S). What about you?

My degree was in medicinal chemistry. I graduated last year, but I got all rejections this year. My ukcat was crap. I might apply this year again. I got an offer for pharmacy, so I might take that and apply in first year.

I applied to southampton 5 year and they focus mainly on your personal statement and reference. My reference was amazing. But, looking back on my personal statement, it reads more like a list. I should try and make it more like a story and relate it to medicine. That is the way I will get an offer.

I also spoke to someone who managed to get a Southampton GEP offer. She told me that she is willing to look over my personal statement each week and give me constructive feedback, up until I have to submit it. I think that it will be very useful, so I will certainly take her offer on that. On my current personal statement, she gave me a lot of feedback.

The personal statement helpers on thestudentroom are practically useless. They gave me rubbish feedback. :mad:
Reply 792
My degree was in medicinal chemistry. I graduated last year, but I got all rejections this year. My ukcat was crap. I might apply this year again. I got an offer for pharmacy, so I might take that and apply in first year.

I applied to southampton 5 year and they focus mainly on your personal statement and reference. My reference was amazing. But, looking back on my personal statement, it reads more like a list. I should try and make it more like a story and relate it to medicine. That is the way I will get an offer.

I also spoke to someone who managed to get a Southampton GEP offer. She told me that she is willing to look over my personal statement each week and give me constructive feedback, up until I have to submit it. I think that it will be very useful, so I will certainly take her offer on that. On my current personal statement, she gave me a lot of feedback.

The personal statement helpers on thestudentroom are practically useless. They gave me rubbish feedback. :mad:

Don't worry man, improve UKCAT is the main priority. It's good to see that you'll still apply. :smile: Though, are you sure that you want to go into pharmacy? If you don't get in this year (let's hope that's not the case), then that means you'll have to stick with pharmacy for 4 years!

Yeah, beside from UKCAT unis, there are many that are P.S & reference based. I'm sure you'll improve this year. Have you requested any feedback from the med schools you applied?
Original post by Panda89
Don't worry man, improve UKCAT is the main priority. It's good to see that you'll still apply. :smile: Though, are you sure that you want to go into pharmacy? If you don't get in this year (let's hope that's not the case), then that means you'll have to stick with pharmacy for 4 years!

Yeah, beside from UKCAT unis, there are many that are P.S & reference based. I'm sure you'll improve this year. Have you requested any feedback from the med schools you applied?

Aberdeen gave me a generic letter. Dundee told me it was my ukcat mainly.
Reply 794
Well, you've already graduated so you've all the time to prepare for UKCAT. Are you working/volunteering at the moment?
Original post by Panda89
Well, you've already graduated so you've all the time to prepare for UKCAT. Are you working/volunteering at the moment?

Just volunteering. Looking for care work, but it is hard to find.
Reply 796
Just volunteering. Looking for care work, but it is hard to find.

Yeah, it is. Well, best of luck for this year. Let's keep each other updated. :smile:
Reply 797
Original post by Panda89
Yeah, it is. Well, best of luck for this year. Let's keep each other updated. :smile:

im in my final year. applied this year and got an interview but messed that up badly so got a rejection. really wish i had put southampton as one of my schools because i think that my personal statements are usually good...at least the last two times i have applied..i always get an interview.
I will be forced to apply for the 4 year programme due to the rise in fees....
Reply 798
im in my final year. applied this year and got an interview but messed that up badly so got a rejection. really wish i had put southampton as one of my schools because i think that my personal statements are usually good...at least the last two times i have applied..i always get an interview.
I will be forced to apply for the 4 year programme due to the rise in fees....

The thing that worries me is that for graduates, most of us will apply for GEPs due to the increased fee. GEPs are already extremely competitive, and I'm just concerned that it's going to be A LOT more competitive from 2012 entry onwards. What do you think?
Reply 799
hey guys! im studying A levels in new zealand.
Im now looking at 4 alevels (math, bio, chem, chinese==> does chinese count?) and 1a ( English lit) + 1 b (economics) in AS by the end of the year.

1.How many Ucas points will this be equivalent to?

2. How many points do i need to have to apply for med in UK?

3. Do i need to sit UKCAT? How high will i need to score?

4. What schools offer undergraduate med in LONDON?

5. What schools dont need interviews + entry requirements ( ucas points...,etc)

6. nice to meet you =)

oh and i forgot to ask 7. i got 82 in bio last year (AS) and i want to resit it...(will it be worth it) but its too late for may/june entries now, so can i resit it in oct/nov? is there a time limit or something? cuz im not so sure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending