The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The last two weeks of placement have been really fun. Although my consultant gave me a hard time (well I'd like to think it was banter) I am really looking forward to starting the clinical years and being on the wards. I got to scrub in and assist in surgery - and by assist, I mean retract breast tissue and not move for three hours, which wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I also saw lots of breast surgery, thyroid surgery, an amygdalohippocampectomy (:coma:) and even removal of a BB bullet from a child's ear.
Reply 2881
Original post by digitalis
I, being the idiot that I am, never presumed applicants would be joining medical school networks on facebook before they have even started, gaining access to my profile etc (you know, considering that I presumed people in the BL network were actually BL students) and having a gander! Cue crash lockdown of my profile to friends only.

Schoolboy error I know, but is it just me or is this an all new low for TSR? :s-smilie:

how did they know it was you though? did they say they were from TSR & not just a random applicant?

nevermind, just saw the barts thread.

to join the uni of glasgow network you have to have a glasgow email.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2882
Original post by i'm no superman
The last two weeks of placement have been really fun. Although my consultant gave me a hard time (well I'd like to think it was banter) I am really looking forward to starting the clinical years and being on the wards. I got to scrub in and assist in surgery - and by assist, I mean retract breast tissue and not move for three hours, which wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I also saw lots of breast surgery, thyroid surgery, an amygdalohippocampectomy (:coma:) and even removal of a BB bullet from a child's ear.

sounds awesome! how did the BB bullet get into the child's ear?
Original post by lekky
sounds awesome! how did the BB bullet get into the child's ear?
The kid decided it would be fun to stick it in his ear! :tongue:
Reply 2884
The kid decided it would be fun to stick it in his ear! :tongue:

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!
boo

What are the after effects of that beast?
Original post by lekky
how did they know it was you though? did they say they were from TSR & not just a random applicant?

nevermind, just saw the barts thread.

to join the uni of glasgow network you have to have a glasgow email.

Thread linky - me too lazy to search
Reply 2887
Original post by Philosoraptor
Thread linky - me too lazy to search

me too lazy to find again :wink:
It's on the first bloody page of the subforum, don't be so lazy.
Original post by Kinkerz
What are the after effects of that beast?
Well I tried to follow up the patient post-op but he was in a critical condition in ICU.

Common complications in the aftermath of this procedure includes memory impairment, transient dysnomia, contralateral homonymous superior quadrantanopia and personality / depressive mood changes.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
It's on the first bloody page of the subforum, don't be so lazy.

Where I even clicked :frown: ?
Original post by Philosoraptor
Where I even clicked :frown: ?

What? You're not making sense!

WHY AM I STILL ON ****ING TSR AT 2AM!? Something has gone wrong in my life.
WHY AM I STILL ON ****ING TSR AT 2AM!? Something has gone wrong in my life.
Tell me about it! You'd think deactivating FB would mean I'd spend less time procrastinating online...

I've still got eight lectures to write up before I can say I'm up to date with lectures. I still haven't made a start to my 5000 word SSC, which is on the regulation of intracellular calcium. No doubt I'll make that more complex than necessary. I've made a start to my family study assignment though! :biggrin:

Is it possible to research and write up an SSC from scratch in less than four weeks people? Not gonna lie, I'm getting worried! :redface:
Tell me about it! You'd think deactivating FB would mean I'd spend less time procrastinating online...

I've still got eight lectures to write up before I can say I'm up to date with lectures. I still haven't made a start to my 5000 word SSC, which is on the regulation of intracellular calcium. No doubt I'll make that more complex than necessary. I've made a start to my family study assignment though! :biggrin:

Is it possible to research and write up an SSC from scratch in less than four weeks people? Not gonna lie, I'm getting worried! :redface:

You can do it!

TBH, when I'm going for anti-procrastination, I get banned from TSR. Facebook doesn't tend to eat up so much of my time.
What? You're not making sense!

WHY AM I STILL ON ****ING TSR AT 2AM!? Something has gone right in my life.

Fix'd.

If it helps, I'm online at 5.30am. On a freaking sunday. When I have a 9 o clock. Sigh. I wish I was a normal human being who slept at normal times.
Reply 2895
I, being the idiot that I am, never presumed applicants would be joining medical school networks on facebook before they have even started, gaining access to my profile etc (you know, considering that I presumed people in the BL network were actually BL students) and having a gander!

Don't you have to have a valid email address within a network to join..? Fan pages/likes etc. are free for all though.

Facebook could be a bit stalkertastic - but it's handy that you can view how your profile looks to other people in the account settings - both people you don't know & people you do if you're using limited ones. :ninjagirl:

I occasionally got emails from applicants/randomers - who looked me up on the university Contact Search after my name was 'out there' in some official stuff which felt a little bit weird! :tongue:

:coma: envy! NAADP, cADPR, IP3... nom nom nom
**** this. Line's been crossed. I'm getting off TSR.

:eek: Permanently?

You still have to come to the meet though. :p:

Very few people from here add me on fb without actually meeting me. I don't think I'm that hard to find either - maybe they just don't like me.
I can't stress enough how much I hate microbiology.
Is anyone coming to UH revue?

Latest

Trending

Trending