The Student Room Group

Islamification is a good thing

I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. Our justice system completely fails, and I have a huge problem with keeping murderers locked up in prisons - costing millions of pounds - when that money could save literally thousands of lives of starving children in Africa. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html

Edit: Was apathetic to religion until the age of around 10, then atheist until around the age of 15, then a deist until the age of 19, and now becoming a Muslim.

The great thing is that I was never a religious person at all. I had literally never read any of the bible or any other holy other book until the age of 19. I had my own ideas about God, which I had formed myself. And then when I started to learn about Islam, I realised that this thing was basically what I had formulated myself.

It's a bit like not knowing mathematics or physics, but realising that the acceleration of a body is proportional to the mass and the force applied. And then you pick up a textbook, and you see that F=ma, which is what you knew all along, except it's just written down and explained.

There are literally too many reasons for me to explain, but the above is the "bedrock" of it all, so to speak. I have never truly been satisfied with the whims of modern society, e.g. oversexualisation, drug addictions, alcoholism, materialism, promiscuity, etc, never agreed with its justice, or its government, or its man-made laws.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Selkarn
I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html

Whenever I hear Islam I hear terrorism in my head echoing, that's not being racist, that's just looking at a trend

Edit: Neg rep is fun!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by siwelmail
Whenever I hear Islam I hear terrorism in my head echoing, that's not being racist, that's just looking at a trend

*Islam is not a race.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Sit down, shut up.
Reply 4
Well, that's your opinion. If you apply Islamic law, your opinion won't matter any more. Laws will be imposed on you and on your countrymen. With democracy, you can vote for whatever you think is the right way to run your country.
Original post by Selkarn
I...

Well I believe that materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, and a lack of religious insight are fine. Islam commends these things, so why should I convert? How can Islam help me?

Oh and you call yourself a libertarian? Think you need a dictionary.

EDIT: Actually, I'll save you time: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/libertarian

Maybe you should educate yourself before spouting that crap.

You're either a troll or an idiot. And I don't think you're smart enough to be a troll.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Regressing to 7th century philosophies? That is never a good thing.

I don't care what religion it is, it should be personal and shouldn't affect society.

Also if you think our culture is really that "degenerate", you know where the door is...god knows how many asylum seekers fleeing despots would kill to have your place in our society...
Reply 7
That article talks about converted women dressing more conservatively. Good thing too, I see far too many fat munters wearing far too little these days. Leave the attractive ones wearing eye pleasing clothing and wrap the ugly ones up.
Reply 8
I fail to see a problem with materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, and casual sex. :colone:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
I don't believe any religious ideology or values should be imposed on people. Religion should be a personal choice. If you don't like a certain lifestyle, don't follow it. Nobody is forcing you to drink or have casual sex. We should have freedom of religious belief.

I do however, wish there was less Islamophobia.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Selkarn
and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight.

Good.
Reply 11
Original post by TheArabian
Well, that's your opinion. If you apply Islamic law, your opinion won't matter any more. Laws will be imposed on you and on your countrymen. With democracy, you can vote for whatever you think is the right way to run your country.

I don't really know what you're trying to say..
Reply 12
Original post by TheArabian

Seriously, I do not think we should have Sharia Law in the UK, it just wouldn't work- but...

I don't think you understand Sharia Law and it certainly isn't your fault. The portrayal of it and indeed the way it's being carried out in some countries like Saudia Arabia is shocking. Dictatorships are not Islamic. Voting and democracy are the only way for the Sharia Law to work. However modern (or should I say bloody backward) Islamic countries nowadays manipulate the laws so that they are always in power and so that their corruption can prosper and they get the maximum amount of money from it.
Reply 13
Original post by Democracy
Regressing to 7th century philosophies? That is never a good thing. .

In your opinion.

Original post by Democracy

Also if you think our culture is really that "degenerate", you know where the door is...god knows how many asylum seekers fleeing despots would kill to have your place in our society...

Why would I leave just because of the culture of the majority? It doesn't mean that my personal "culture" is affected.
Reply 14
if you wana convert to islam, go for it.

But dont call our society degenerate, it may have its problems but it is not even comparable to the problems the majority of islamic countries have.
Reply 15
Original post by Selkarn
I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

And an evil, twisted faith that includes such things as violence towards women, oppression, forcing thier religeon, and opposing those who don't share thier faith, will that be better?

And thats not even mentioning the many extremist Muslims, brainwashed by a book about a peadophile (Quran)

And yes it's not all Muslims who do that, but there is a damn lot of them who do, more than any other religeon.

Islamification would be terrible for this country, it DOESN'T work in the East, and it WON'T work in the West. Islam just brings trouble.
Original post by Tesphena
I fail to see a problem with materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, and casual sex. :colone:

You edited your post! :rofl: I read what you wrote though. :wink2:
Original post by Deema
Seriously, I do not think we should have Sharia Law in the UK, it just wouldn't work- but...

I don't think you understand Sharia Law and it certainly isn't your fault. The portrayal of it and indeed the way it's being carried out in some countries like Saudia Arabia is shocking. Dictatorships are not Islamic. Voting and democracy are the only way for the Sharia Law to work. However modern (or should I say bloody backward) Islamic countries nowadays manipulate the laws so that they are always in power and so that their corruption can prosper and they get the maximum amount of money from it.

I do understand it very well and we both know that when 'god' says something then you don't have the right to argue about it, and if you don't follow, you'll be punished. In democracy there is no such 'god' who puts the rules. people decide what rules are best.

Its up to you to think which way of life is better.
Original post by Dynasty
Sit down, shut up.

Is this the new version of "Keep calm and carry on."?
Reply 19
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
You edited your post! :rofl: I read what you wrote though. :wink2:

Yeah, I thought this thread would be controversial enough without throwing something else out there. :tongue:

Srsly though I'd rather get stoned than be stoned. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending