The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling University: Film and Media studies

Hey was wondering if anybody applied for the Film and Media course at Stirling University, and has had any offers yet? Ive been told by the University that the offers will be issued within the next 2 weeks and I got that email LAST Friday :eek: So it might not be long...
I have applied but still no offer. When I emailed them they said 4-6 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago though and basically everyone that's emailing them now is being told 2 weeks. Some people are even being told that it'll be before the applicant days and there's apparently one next wednesday, so here's hoping that it won't be long!!!!! x
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by dannehKAPOWdy
I have applied but still no offer. When I emailed them they said 4-6 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago though and basically everyone that's emailing them now is being told 2 weeks. Some people are even being told that it'll be before the applicant days and there's apparently one next wednesday, so here's hoping that it won't be long!!!!! x

Yeah I emailed them about 2 weeks on Friday there, and basically the email said they are going to 'start' giving out offers and rejections this week! I really want to go to Stirling and the waiting is seriously driving me insane. Where is it your from? Best of luck anyway x
urgh, i hope they re telling the truth. Would be nice to just get my offer so i know what uni im going to and i can enjoy my summer. im from whitburn, its in between glasgow n edinburgh you? thanks :smile: good luck to you too! xxx
Reply 4
I'm from Old Kilpatrick, which is just outside Glasgow. I really just want to know, Stirling is the uni for me :frown: x
Reply 5
I have applied to film and media at Stirling as well. I've not heard anything back either. I've had conditional offers from my other 4 universities with BBCC at Scottish Higher. I want to make Stirling my firm choice but they are taking bloody ages. What grades have you guys applied with? Has anyone heard anything else?
Reply 6
Original post by lewimble1
I have applied to film and media at Stirling as well. I've not heard anything back either. I've had conditional offers from my other 4 universities with BBCC at Scottish Higher. I want to make Stirling my firm choice but they are taking bloody ages. What grades have you guys applied with? Has anyone heard anything else?

Hey, I have applied with a Higher B, which is pretty terrible to be honest but in my 6th year im predicted to get BBBC, so im hoping that will help me. They only want BBBB for the course and that's in either first or second sitting. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself it will work out but I know it probably wont lol. What other courses/universities have u got conditonals for?
Reply 7
I heard back about a week ago. Got a conditional. I'm sure you'll hear back within the month.
Reply 8
Original post by morda898
I heard back about a week ago. Got a conditional. I'm sure you'll hear back within the month.

well done! what grades did you get in 5th year if you don't mind me asking. Just so i can judge if i think i'll get a conditional or not?
Reply 9
Original post by dalelouden
Hey, I have applied with a Higher B, which is pretty terrible to be honest but in my 6th year im predicted to get BBBC, so im hoping that will help me. They only want BBBB for the course and that's in either first or second sitting. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself it will work out but I know it probably wont lol. What other courses/universities have u got conditonals for?

Yeah stay possitive! Because its only 4 Bs you shpuld be in with a shot :smile:.. i also applied to Aberdeen, queen margaret and UWS and got conditionals from them :smile: just holding out for Stirling now... i just wish they would hurry up!
Reply 10
Yeah stay possitive! Because its only 4 Bs you shpuld be in with a shot :smile:.. i also applied to Aberdeen, queen margaret and UWS and got conditionals from them :smile: just holding out for Stirling now... i just wish they would hurry up!

Well done, you sound sorted!! What course in UWS?
Reply 11
Original post by dalelouden
Well done, you sound sorted!! What course in UWS?

Some bad news, literally just two seconds ago got an unsuccessful from Stirling :frown: They said that i didn't have enough insight into the course :s-smilie:. Applied for broadcast production at UWS but i think I'm going to Aberdeen with QM as my back up. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 12

well done! what grades did you get in 5th year if you don't mind me asking. Just so i can judge if i think i'll get a conditional or not?

ABBC in History, French, Biology and English respectively. I'm studying more highers now though, got to get one more B in anything. Have you heard back yet?
Reply 13
Some bad news, literally just two seconds ago got an unsuccessful from Stirling :frown: They said that i didn't have enough insight into the course :s-smilie:. Applied for broadcast production at UWS but i think I'm going to Aberdeen with QM as my back up. Have you heard anything yet?

Yeah got an unsuccessful for Stirling too :/ got a conditonal for UWS but i'm going to college to do Television :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hello,

I have two questions for you guys, if you can help me...

1.There are any student on this forum from University of the West of Scotland, especially studying Film making and Screen Writing?
Can you kindly inform me about the quality of the courses, the Uni, accommodation etc.
2.If you need to choose between studying Film making and Screen Writing at University of the West of Scotland, Film & Moving Image Production at Leeds Met, Film Studies at Bradford University or Film & Television Studies at Aberystwyth University which one do you think is the best as facilities, opportunities, staff etc.

Thank you for your time
Hey! I applied for Film and Media and have received an unconditional offer! How did it go with you?
Reply 16
Wow, this is an old thread. Angela, you might be best going to the 'Stirling 2014 Applicants' thread for any questions for people who have done your degree. I'd be surprised if you got a reply from these people to a thread from almost 3 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest