The Student Room Group

Going to make the jump tomorrow - embrace my baldness! Although, considering a sunbed

I know, I know.

"Real men don't use sunbeds!"

Well lets just say this is a BIG step for me to get a really short haircut. Losing my hair has dictated my life and how I live it for far too long. I've spent at least a year or so being a recluse, living behind the false confidence and support of wearing a hat. I don't go to the pub/clubbing etc because I almost depend on my hat for any social occaison. I hate how I've not been near any other girls since I broke up with my ex. She's having a good old time to herself with her new bf and any random guys when she's out. (Yep, she's cheating on the new bf too!)

I hate how I'm so self depricating when it comes to my appearance that even my friends and family say I'm far too harsh on myself.

Well recently I've decided I need to get back in control and MTFU. I need to accept I'm not as attractive as I used to be, but getting my confidence back will be a more valuable asset in the long run.

So yeah, I'm pasty white and will look ill with the new style, so really I'm seriously considering using sunbeds for a short time just to get a wee bit of colour on my cheeks (and my head :wink: ) So do any other guys use/have used sun beds in the past? How long do you stay under? What's the etiquette? Commando or Kleins? :biggrin:

It's not gay, it's helping me reclaim my confidence!
Unless you're muscular, you will not be getting any pussy what so ever.
Reply 2
Sunbeds are carcinogenic. Use fake tan instead.
Reply 3
Why don't you shave your head? Balding isn't a choice, shaving it is.
i went through fazes of afros braids hi tops..but now i'd rather be shaven...plus i make it look good :smile:
Reply 5
Shower before you are using sunbeds so your skin is clean also good hygiene for other sun bed users.

Most people wear boxers but there are a few people who go commando, personal choice unless the place you go has rules about what to wear.

Wear sunbed goggles so you screw up your eyes.

When using sunbeds you don't just jump on for 12 minutes and boom your tanned you have to build it up.

Session 1) 3 minutes
Session 2) 3 minutes
Session 3) 6 minutes
Session 4) 6 minutes
Session 5) 9 minutes
Session 6) 12 minutes

Then when you have your tan keep it topped up once or twice a week by going o for 9 - 12 minutes, you probably wont need to go any longer than 12 minutes without being too tanned.

Make sure to go to the gym and do some laundry for a maximum boost in confidence. GTL ! :P
If you want a real deep tan some of the guys at the gym inject melatonin to increase the level within the skin - they go from white to Mauri Warriors really fast and keep the tan almost permanantly.
Reply 7
Original post by Dogatonic
Sunbeds are carcinogenic. Use fake tan instead.

I appreciate the consideration but I don't want to be full on tanned, just a small touch of colour so I don't look ill. :smile:

Original post by Rancorous
Why don't you shave your head? Balding isn't a choice, shaving it is.

Isn't that a Neil Strauss quote?

Original post by 11random
Shower before you are using sunbeds so your skin is clean also good hygiene for other sun bed users.

Most people wear boxers but there are a few people who go commando, personal choice unless the place you go has rules about what to wear.

Wear sunbed goggles so you screw up your eyes.

When using sunbeds you don't just jump on for 12 minutes and boom your tanned you have to build it up.

Session 1) 3 minutes
Session 2) 3 minutes
Session 3) 6 minutes
Session 4) 6 minutes
Session 5) 9 minutes
Session 6) 12 minutes

Then when you have your tan keep it topped up once or twice a week by going o for 9 - 12 minutes, you probably wont need to go any longer than 12 minutes without being too tanned.

Make sure to go to the gym and do some laundry for a maximum boost in confidence. GTL ! :P

I google'd GTL, Jersey Shore... I've never seen it but everyone talks about it! Thanks for the guide though.

Original post by Powerlifter
If you want a real deep tan some of the guys at the gym inject melatonin to increase the level within the skin - they go from white to Mauri Warriors really fast and keep the tan almost permanantly.

That is hardcore, I just want a slight bit off colour on me.

I suppose the biggest revelation for me is that I'll be getting the haircut later today. I had to vent that somewhere and doing so anonymously here helps a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest