The Student Room Group

Me and best mate both like the same guy... HELP!

So basically we are best mates just because we have been for so long and we went to the same primary school and now go to the same 6th form etc. I love her dearly but we now tell each other hardly anything anymore (lets call her C).

I started liking this guy who also is in our 6th form (lets call him T) a couple of weeks ago. He flirts with practically EVERY girl he knows so the fact he's always goes "love you" and random stuff to me isn't anything that different and I always shut him down when he says things to me because I cannot cope with revealing my emotions... but thats another story.

I didn't realise till the other day that C likes T (she has know him for longer and texts him all the time). He sent her drunken texts saying pretty much that he would like to do her and she is the sort of girl that thrives on male attention... and runs with it! He may act like this to allot of girls... then again he may not (he is a bit of a man slag tbh)

Not gonna describe the ins and outs of it but me and C are going to a party together saturday night and she has invited him (not as her date..) and then me C and T are crashing at the same place after. If they start getting off together what exactly am I supposed to do?? and now I feel I can't flirt or like T because C will get really pissed off with me, even though she hasn't specifically told me she likes him.. :s-smilie: But when I get drunk im all over people and might end up all over T... What to do?!

Words of advice needed?:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tell 'C' that U like T and that she should CUT it out. get it? C.U.T it out? znaaww nevermind :frown:
Original post by goddogit
tell 'C' that U like T and that she should CUT it out. get it? C.U.T it out? znaaww nevermind :frown:

If she called somebody "N" the joke would be even better...
Reply 3
So ... that would make him Mr T?

Jokes aside - tbh he sounds like a bit of a douche but that's just me? :smile: Sounds a bit up himself and if he's going through girls like a buffet then what makes you think he's worth your attention? Same goes for your friend surely you can do better? Doesn't sound like that much of a respectable bloke :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by idontthinkso

hahahaha nice one. repppd
get in there first
Just avoid, far too messy already.

Getchow ass outta thar.
Threesome?
Reply 8
Original post by idontthinkso

Knew I should have left out the letters:dots:
Original post by AidanKD
tbh he sounds like a bit of a douche but that's just me? :smile: Sounds a bit up himself and if he's going through girls like a buffet then what makes you think he's worth your attention? Same goes for your friend surely you can do better? Doesn't sound like that much of a respectable bloke :smile:

I know.. He is my unfortunate normal type though. But what I was more worried about was at this party something is gonna happen. As she invited him and has known T longer should I just leave it to happen between them or should I somehow try and make things work between me and T... but then C might really really hate me for that.

C has never really had a boyfriend or really done stuff with guys before as she always goes for guys who are ridiculously popular and "good looking" who she likes them like a sorta obsession rather than getting to know them. This guy is slightly different and she isn't like obsessed with him (she likes him a bit but she also likes the fact he pays her attention) if there is a chance of something happening between her and this guy maybe I shouldn't attempt to get in the way as she always gets so emotionally caught up in liking guys.
This is really strange as we don't normally have the same type. (I generally go for guys, like him tbh) We are probably similar looks wise but we are very different builds (she's size 8 5ft9"/10" and im size 10 5ft2" and a bit).

Original post by flowermaster91
get in there first

How:s-smilie:
Tbh she only really stepped up the flirting (maybe this is paranoia though) with him since me and T were messing about a couple of weeks ago and her and another mate were like "is something going on there" and there wasn't really so I said no.
Reply 9
Hmm well I think I still stand where I was before - if there was a way to convince her she can do better - surely she can see that this guy is going around other girls like you did? Guess I can't see the whole situation but you'd best see how it plays off, hopefully she won't get too hurt in the process
why dont you both tell him you like him and ask him if he wants to go out wit both of you he will probably consider and then say yes everyone will be happy you will both and a bf and he will get two partners yay
Tell him to stuff something up his arse
I am confident... nay, certain, that he will not be averse to a threesome.
Reply 13
play it out on tekken
Adderesss, i'll sort your problem. Let me in there.
Reply 15
Is it normal for girls to like douchebags?
Original post by Anonymous
So basically we are best mates just because we have been for so long and we went to the same primary school and now go to the same 6th form etc. I love her dearly but we now tell each other hardly anything anymore (lets call her C).

I started liking this guy who also is in our 6th form (lets call him T) a couple of weeks ago. He flirts with practically EVERY girl he knows so the fact he's always goes "love you" and random stuff to me isn't anything that different and I always shut him down when he says things to me because I cannot cope with revealing my emotions... but thats another story.

I didn't realise till the other day that C likes T (she has know him for longer and texts him all the time). He sent her drunken texts saying pretty much that he would like to do her and she is the sort of girl that thrives on male attention... and runs with it! He may act like this to allot of girls... then again he may not (he is a bit of a man slag tbh)

Not gonna describe the ins and outs of it but me and C are going to a party together saturday night and she has invited him (not as her date..) and then me C and T are crashing at the same place after. If they start getting off together what exactly am I supposed to do?? and now I feel I can't flirt or like T because C will get really pissed off with me, even though she hasn't specifically told me she likes him.. :s-smilie: But when I get drunk im all over people and might end up all over T... What to do?!

Words of advice needed?:confused:

get with him first
Reply 17
Original post by Stratos
Is it normal for girls to like douchebags?

Normal for me unfortunately :rolleyes:
Always have always will:tongue: I think I should just try and break this habit...

She has now officially told me she likes him and the reason she isn't gonna make a move is that another one of our friends (they are literally like best mates, they tell each other practically everything) is still in love with him from last year.
Though C says at this party if she gets drunk she will try and get with T...

I think I should just leave it, not tell C I like T as this would complicate issues. It's still gonna be really awkward with the fact we are all staying together but I guess I will just have to deal with it.

Exams are soon and it's probably best if I just don't get involved in anything, I don't want my friends to hate me:frown:
Reply 18
Original post by cunta-hunta
why dont you both tell him you like him and ask him if he wants to go out wit both of you he will probably consider and then say yes everyone will be happy you will both and a bf and he will get two partners yay

Yes... I don't want to be someones **** buddy again... been there done that.

Original post by Great Lord Xenu
I am confident... nay, certain, that he will not be averse to a threesome.

Yes i'm certain of that to... but funnily I'm confident... nay, certain that me and C will be averse to a threesome!
Can't you just tell C that you like him? If you're friends you should be able to establish if either of you are going to try and go further with him, or just agree that neither of you will.. I don't know, just talk!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending