The Student Room Group

How many cans of Red Bull is dangerous?

Just wondering. I recently drank 4 in a day and also had like 6 cups of coffee and my housemate was telling me that it was really dangerous. I only do it when I have to stay up all night, which I had to do quite a few times this year. Is it really that bad for you? What does everyone else do when pulling all-nighters? I've tried Pro Plus but it doesn't work for me.

Scroll to see replies

This tells you how much it would take to kill you :wink:

If you're only doing it occasionally, it shouldn't be THAT bad for you, I don't think.

Pro Plus is basically the same as Red Bull, just concentrated and without the sugar/flavouring.
Stop whining!!! People spend whole weekends on coke and booze and survive - unless I beat you with the cans for being so stupid you will be fine!
Reply 3
Original post by Powerlifter
Stop whining!!! People spend whole weekends on coke and booze and survive - unless I beat you with the cans for being so stupid you will be fine!

People who drink coke and booze every weekend can survive. But there are some who binge on it and they end up developing serious problems. Plus, I think OP is talking more everyday than every weekend.
Reply 4
Its not dangerous so to speak, just not very healthy. Just google caffine and your heart. Google is your friend.

Also, I find that for all nighters it gets to a point that I'm so tired its impossible to do any decent revision/coursework. The caffine stops me from sleeping, it doesn't keep me awake if you know what I'm saying.

I just go to bed around 5pm get up at 12/1am and then you'll have all morning to work.
Original post by Obadetona
People who drink coke and booze every weekend can survive. But there are some who binge on it and they end up developing serious problems. Plus, I think OP is talking more everyday than every weekend.

I am talking about cocaine not cocacola lulz.

And as the op stated recently this was done, and quite a few times this year I don't think we are talking everyday - nobody can pull an 'allnighter' every day, this little thing called sleep is required.
It depends: for example are they being dropped on your head or shoved up your arse?

Because I'd imagine it will take less cans to prove fatal in the second scenario.
Reply 7
I used to go through several coffees and 4 cans or red bull / monster / relentless a day in my old job in which it was necessary for me to be super alert and energetic. Yeah it's not particularly healthy but it's unlikely to kill you unless you have shedloads and /or a weak heart... in which case be careful.

Just be warned that caffeine is highly addictive. It gets to the stage where you can't function without it so try to limit it. And stop / cut down a lot as soon as you don't require it any more.

Also remember that pulling all-nighters with caffeine will lead to a guaranteed crash of epic proportions where you are effectively a zombie. It's safer to wake up early say 7am, work like a madman, stop the caffeine around 5-6pm. That'll keep you working till 1-2am with no trouble. Crash and get 5-6 hours sleep. Do that and you can go an entire week. 18-19/24 hours work a day is fairly productive. Make sure you get that sleep though!
Reply 8
one can be dangerous if it hits you in the right place and has been thrown hard enough
Reply 9
Original post by angelbones

This tells you how much it would take to kill you :wink:

If you're only doing it occasionally, it shouldn't be THAT bad for you, I don't think.

Pro Plus is basically the same as Red Bull, just concentrated and without the sugar/flavouring.

How many cans do you need before you are dead? :smile:

I need 169
(edited 13 years ago)
Enough to make you think you have wings.
I got this:

Gulp down 203.04 cans of Red Bull and you're history.

203 cans of Red Bull? Not at those prices!

In other news it would take 2707.25 Kit Kat Bars to kill me.

How interesting
Reply 12
I drank 8 in a day and felt sick afterwards
my poor stomach :frown:
No Cans
more than 1 is already dangerous, just read the bottle and see what it contains, look for it on wiki or google and see how it can easily kill you.
Original post by saywhatmate
How many cans do you need before you are dead? :smile:

I need 169

I don't drink Red Bull, but it'd take 268 cans of Diet Coke to finish me off. :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by alcazaba
I used to go through several coffees and 4 cans or red bull / monster / relentless a day in my old job in which it was necessary for me to be super alert and energetic. Yeah it's not particularly healthy but it's unlikely to kill you unless you have shedloads and /or a weak heart... in which case be careful.

Just be warned that caffeine is highly addictive. It gets to the stage where you can't function without it so try to limit it. And stop / cut down a lot as soon as you don't require it any more.

Also remember that pulling all-nighters with caffeine will lead to a guaranteed crash of epic proportions where you are effectively a zombie. It's safer to wake up early say 7am, work like a madman, stop the caffeine around 5-6pm. That'll keep you working till 1-2am with no trouble. Crash and get 5-6 hours sleep. Do that and you can go an entire week. 18-19/24 hours work a day is fairly productive. Make sure you get that sleep though!

Did you work in IBD?
Reply 17
Original post by tehforum
Did you work in IBD?

Hehe, no. I used to work in finance but that was way too stressful. I'm a photographer, so the caffeine intake was to assist in running around after people / round large events getting shots, chatting to people, getting details, traveling constantly and trying to meet impossible deadlines.

Now I just pick the easy jobs :smile: Less fun, but less chance of heart attack.

I don't drink Red Bull, but it'd take 268 cans of Diet Coke to finish me off. :biggrin:

Maybe I could assist you? :sexface:
You'll know when you get there.

Quick Reply

Latest