The Student Room Group

Anyone hit an animal? :-(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CurlyBen
Another of their stupid tricks is to run along in front of your car, take off and fly ahead, then land back in front of the car again (obviously this is at pretty low speeds!)

50 million years of natural selectiona Vs 100 years of human innovation.
Reply 61
Stop driving so bloody fast and look out for animals! They can't be expected to understand the rules of the road. It's our responsibility.
Reply 62
This thing lept out of a gate you'd never have seen it!
Reply 63
My brother ran in to a cat. It belonged to an old family friend. My brother was so mortified and felt so guilty and nervous to go round. Well he went and told the lad, he just said "oh well, **** happens". All that worry for nothing lol.

On another note I saw a train run into a fox once...It's tongued flew past me. It had bit it off during impact. That was gross and disturbing.

Never ran in to or over anything myself. Nearly hit a kitten once. Got out and ran around traffic for hours trying to save a bunch of dumped kittens. I managed to get one. The mother hadn't been so lucky :frown: Apparently traffic had been swerving all day on that road. I don't understand why no body tried to save them.
Original post by Smophy
My brother ran in to a cat. It belonged to an old family friend. My brother was so mortified and felt so guilty and nervous to go round. Well he went and told the lad, he just said "oh well, **** happens". All that worry for nothing lol.

On another note I saw a train run into a fox once...It's tongued flew past me. It had bit it off during impact. That was gross and disturbing.

Never ran in to or over anything myself. Nearly hit a kitten once. Got out and ran around traffic for hours trying to save a bunch of dumped kittens. I managed to get one. The mother hadn't been so lucky :frown: Apparently traffic had been swerving all day on that road. I don't understand why no body tried to save them.

Oh god the fox thing is horrific! :frown:

But I know what you mean about people apparently not caring...my mother and I once rescued a horse from a busy A road. Everyone else was just driving by! :mad:
Reply 65
I nearly hit a dog the other day, it ran out of someones garden and into the road. Good job i've got good brakes and was driving slow because i would of felt awful if i did hit it.
Original post by Landie_Man
We all dread it, but it happens. I remember, last year, I'd gone over 2 years without hitting an animal, and at 3:30am on the way home from my girlfreinds a badger jumped out and I hit it at 55mph.

I was pretty mortified and stopped to see what it was, if it was a cat or dog I'd have phoned the owner through morals. It jumped right out and I only saw its white stripe so couldn't be sure till I got out and checked

Anyone else hit anything?

You hit a badger? :cry2:
It was an accident though, so that's ok.

I thankfully haven't hit anything yet. Nearly hit a cat a few months ago. Bloody thing darted out from under a parked car and just missed my front wheels.
Reply 67
pheasants, they actually wait until the car is near then run accross the road.

it can really messyou car up as well
Reply 68
Original post by -honeybee-
Oh god the fox thing is horrific! :frown:

But I know what you mean about people apparently not caring...my mother and I once rescued a horse from a busy A road. Everyone else was just driving by! :mad:

I imagine that was quite fun, rescuing a horse :s-smilie: lol

I remember years ago, when I was only a wee little child, a horse cam trotting by me, my mum and dad as we was on a walk in the countryside in our village. I wanted to stop it as it was obviously loose. My parents didn't want to get involved and told me"oh it will be fine". About ten mins later a women in a four-by-four comes by asking if we had seen it. We pointed as to where it headed, me repeatedly telling my parents "I told you so". The next day it was on the news that it had got onto a nearby A road causing complete havoc. Needless to say I was rather smug and vowed never to listen to my parents again haha

The horse was ok in the end. I believe the rescue took several hours and caused a lot of angry motorists. Could all of been stopped if only my parents had listened to me lol
Reply 69
I once falcon punched a baby duck?
Original post by dmz
I once tried to run over a pigeon, ex went mad :colonhash:

Pretty harsh, but oh my I laughed. :teehee:
Original post by Landie_Man
We all dread it, but it happens. I remember, last year, I'd gone over 2 years without hitting an animal, and at 3:30am on the way home from my girlfreinds a badger jumped out and I hit it at 55mph.

I was pretty mortified and stopped to see what it was, if it was a cat or dog I'd have phoned the owner through morals. It jumped right out and I only saw its white stripe so couldn't be sure till I got out and checked

Anyone else hit anything?

Yeah I hit a badger as well. It was still alive when I got out and checked it.
No, fortunately, and touch wood I won't.
A big rat sneaked into my flat two days ago, I found it in the bathroom and I crushed it hard with my foot multiple times until it died
Reply 74
I havent hit anything (touch wood) but when i got in my car once i saw a slug on the wiper, and me being me thought that if i just casually put my wipers on it'd whizz off my windscreen :biggrin:....

infact the complete opposite happened :frown:

HELLOOOO MASSIVE SLUG SMEAR :frown: probably one of the most disgusting things ive ever seen, i must have used nearly all of my washer fluid to try and get rid of it, but it didnt go anywhere :frown:!

Imagine my delight when my dad text me yesterday telling me he'd washed my car :wink:

WOOHOOO NO SLUG!
God no
i've nearly run over a couple of chickens etc when out driving but i always beep the horn and slow down first. i know its not always possible. my bf hit a rabbit the other night and i cried lol :frown:
Original post by Smophy
I imagine that was quite fun, rescuing a horse :s-smilie: lol

I remember years ago, when I was only a wee little child, a horse cam trotting by me, my mum and dad as we was on a walk in the countryside in our village. I wanted to stop it as it was obviously loose. My parents didn't want to get involved and told me"oh it will be fine". About ten mins later a women in a four-by-four comes by asking if we had seen it. We pointed as to where it headed, me repeatedly telling my parents "I told you so". The next day it was on the news that it had got onto a nearby A road causing complete havoc. Needless to say I was rather smug and vowed never to listen to my parents again haha

The horse was ok in the end. I believe the rescue took several hours and caused a lot of angry motorists. Could all of been stopped if only my parents had listened to me lol

It wasn't too bad, we had horses ourselves so knew what to do/weren't afraid. The only problem was that it wasn't wearing a head collar so it was hard to keep hold of it. We knew it was from a local stud farm too.

Yeah I think that's the biggest problem in cases like this - people find it too easy to say 'it's non of our business' or 'someone else will sort it out' but if everyone thinks that nothing will be done!
Reply 78
Plenty of times, one of the worst of them was running over a python that had just swallowed a goat, felt the car get airborne on 2 wheels momentarily.

Rolled over a few cats and the biggest thing that I hit was an elk in USA..... thankfully it was a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it survived the crash quite well.
Reply 79
Original post by PoliticallyDiverse
Pretty harsh, but oh my I laughed. :teehee:

tbh i was slightly praying it'd fly out of the way quick enough, i was basically playing chicken except i had nothing to lose :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending