The Student Room Group

WAFORD GRAMMER v Mill Hill County high

Hi,

I have been accepted at both these schools and not sure which one to accept. Help me make up my mind

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i know this is a silly thing to point out, but if you are capable in going to a grammar school, you should be able to spell the school correctly.

It's "Watford"

And, you can't make someone you don't know make this decision for you, it is your choice in the end
Hi,

I typed really fast and made a simple mistake. It is worth noting that there are only 30 places on offer at Watford. I just need advice on which is a better sixth form and then I can make my own my mind up. Is an all boys school a disadvantage in later life?
Reply 3
i wouldnt say that it is a disadvantage, but after having a quick look - and i mean quick look, watford is more appealing to me, mainly becuase they gain very good grades and 46% of people go to the russell group unis, but that is my opinion, it is your decision in the end (:
Original post by Articaaa
i know this is a silly thing to point out, but if you are capable in going to a grammar school, you should be able to spell the school correctly.

It's "Watford"

And, you can't make someone you don't know make this decision for you, it is your choice in the end

I'm more worried about the "GRAMMER" myself.
Original post by Simonthegreat
Hi,

I typed really fast and made a simple mistake. It is worth noting that there are only 30 places on offer at Watford. I just need advice on which is a better sixth form and then I can make my own my mind up. Is an all boys school a disadvantage in later life?

Boys and girls learn differently. An all boys school is likely to be a better environment academically if not socially. I suppose that's the greatest decision to make.
Reply 6
Original post by TurboCretin
I'm more worried about the "GRAMMER" myself.

HAHHAA that is quite amusing, i didnt notice that at first (;

I am going to a GRAMMER school sixth form too (: (i am sorry, i mean GRAMMAR)
Reply 7
Im going to Watford Grammar as I got the offer last week...I know nothing about Mill Hill but Watford is a very good school

Btw, who gives a **** if hes got a coupla spelling mistakes?
Original post by hornet_56
Im going to Watford Grammar as I got the offer last week...I know nothing about Mill Hill but Watford is a very good school

Btw, who gives a **** if hes got a coupla spelling mistakes?

Spelling errors are one thing, but spelling mistakes deserve attention
Reply 9
Original post by TurboCretin
Spelling errors are one thing, but spelling mistakes deserve attention

especially if you are clever enough to go to a grammar school...
Reply 10
I went Watford Boys :woo:
Enviroment is great, you will have so much fun!!
Teaching... not so, although some teachers are brilliant but then again some are terrible... you will probably have to do a lot of independant studying :smile:

Plus, theres a Pepe's Peri Peri near by, which you will probably be spending most of your lunchtimes at for the next two years :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi,

I am swayed to go to Watford now. You guys have been great with your replies. Just wanted to ask do the exam boards make any difference to studying and grades? I hear that Watford does a harder A level exams which is putting me off a bit.

How is it that they get so many boys into the Russell group of uni's? What is their secret????
Reply 12
Hi,

I am swayed to go to Watford now. You guys have been great with your replies. Just wanted to ask do the exam boards make any difference to studying and grades? I hear that Watford does a harder A level exams which is putting me off a bit.

How is it that they get so many boys into the Russell group of uni's? What is their secret????

you cant have a harder A Level, it depends on what exam board they do.

Also, the secret is to work hard!
Reply 13
Watford Grammar is my 10th and favourite school - better even than some of the private schools I've been to.
Reply 14
i wouldnt say that it is a disadvantage, but after having a quick look - and i mean quick look, watford is more appealing to me, mainly becuase they gain very good grades and 46% of people go to the russell group unis, but that is my opinion, it is your decision in the end (:

I go to Watford atm in the sixth from so pm if you want to know anything
Reply 15
I definitely would say go to watford, most people who go to mill hill come out with similar grades to local sixth forms and colleges where as watford their grades do seem much better and get in to better colleges/unis
Original post by haleem
I went Watford Boys :woo:
Enviroment is great, you will have so much fun!!
Teaching... not so, although some teachers are brilliant but then again some are terrible... you will probably have to do a lot of independant studying :smile:

Plus, theres a Pepe's Peri Peri near by, which you will probably be spending most of your lunchtimes at for the next two years :wink:
Let's face it, the teachers were ****.

Edit: Meerkat Lady was nice though. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by hazbaz
I go to Watford atm in the sixth from so pm if you want to know anything

i dont go to watford :/

Original post by CKin2U
I definitely would say go to watford, most people who go to mill hill come out with similar grades to local sixth forms and colleges where as watford their grades do seem much better and get in to better colleges/unis

it depends really, do you want to have a good social life, or go for the academia? I am going to one of the best sixth forms because i want to do well in academia. but it is what suits you the most (:
Reply 18
Hi,

I have been accepted at both these schools and not sure which one to accept. Help me make up my mind

thanks

Hey i go to Watford at the moment in the xith from so pm or ask on here if you got any questions
Reply 19
i dont go to watford :/

it depends really, do you want to have a good social life, or go for the academia? I am going to one of the best sixth forms because i want to do well in academia. but it is what suits you the most (:

My bad thought you were the OP

Quick Reply

Latest