The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lexi99
Because they have no idea of what the sizes actually are.

Oh yea, and they dont get that the back size has to be taken into account as well, i.e. a 34D is bigger than a 30D

Urgh I agree with this. People don't seem to realise that backsize matters at all.
32B. I don't mind them.
I'm a D cup but I'd say I'm pretty average, I suppose a DD cup is big.
Original post by Anonymous
Response to some threads I've seen lately where a lot of people are like "OMG D BOOBS :drool:" when in reality, D is pretty average and on some women, quite small, depending on the backsize. I'm not trying to put anyone down, I'm just wondering as to why D is considered large, when it isn't, unless your backsize is 34 or above.

She's a 32DD and it doesn't look like she has 'large breasts' to me.

Thoughts?

Katy Perry lies about her breast size to make herself more attractive?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
isn't the average size something like 36C. so people just think D is bigger than C ignoring the backsize
Reply 25
Original post by Anya~
what a ****ty example to use! Katy Perry is NOT a DD or even a D cup. Hell she's just about a C on a small mid backsize. :facepalm2:

THAT is a DD cup. Katy P just stuffs her bra all the time the lying wench

http://www.listal.com/list/how-does-katy-perry-measure

She's a DD, it says on a lot of websites she's between a 32D/DD. And different bras make your boobs look different.
D/DD isn't that big tbh!
Reply 27
As a 30GG, D seems pretty small. :wink:

However, seeing as the figure promoted by models and the media is one with hardly any boobs, it's understandable that a D cup seems like a dramatic difference and is therefore big.
I actually prefer being slim with small breasts and a tiny waist than being thicker with huge knockers. I go in and out and I'm not flat, but they're not an inconvenience and unlikely to sag as much as someone with a bigger chest. Could just be because I'm a dancer and so not having them get in the way is preferable, but I'm very happy with what I've got.

That being said, a D to me is big to me.
Reply 29
D is small if you are fat. My girlfriend is tiny and has B cup tits and they look big on her. Some fat slags who brag about having F's, G's, whatever are, well... fat. I know a couple of skinny girls with big tits, but they are like E/F at the most and they look enormous.
A D cup is only just above the average size, but it depends on back size as you say, a 32D is pretty big in comparison to a small frame, whereas a 38D isn't that big really if you look at a woman's body completely. I'm a 34D and it doesn't look huge in comparison to my body because I'm quite tall. Big boobs cause backache as well so it's good that they aren't massive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
Well D is bigger than the national average in a country that is very obese, so I don't think it is far-fetched to say D equals big boobs.

Does it matter, anyway? Boobs will look bigger if you happen to be slim, and it depends on how you dress.
Reply 32
She's a DD, it says on a lot of websites she's between a 32D/DD. And different bras make your boobs look different.

Are you telling me THIS flatchest is a DD?? Look through my old posts, I measure boobies at Freya as my PT job. I know a DD and a fake B cup wearing slimline fillets and uplifts when I see them! :wink:

??

Dont even blame the pictures. Look at Sophia Loren or Salma Hayek on the link earlier in similar poses

Reply 33
Original post by Spikeooa
D is small if you are fat. My girlfriend is tiny and has B cup tits and they look big on her. Some fat slags who brag about having F's, G's, whatever are, well... fat. I know a couple of skinny girls with big tits, but they are like E/F at the most and they look enormous.

Usually fat women have smaller cup sizes as they have a big backsize. I'm a 30G, and in no way fat. I wouldn't even say my boobs were 'enormous', but that's because I'm used to them haha. The point is though you can have big boobs whilst being slim.
Reply 34
Original post by Anya~
Are you telling me THIS flatchest is a DD?? Look through my old posts, I measure boobies at Freya as my PT job. I know a DD and a fake B cup wearing slimline fillets and uplifts when I see them! :wink:

??

Dont even blame the pictures. Look at Sophia Loren or Salma Hayek on the link earlier in similar poses

Maybe she wears uplifts or pushup bras. Even so, you can't say that a DD is big at a small backsize. It's pretty average. And bra sizing has changed since Sophia Loren's time, so she probably would be bigger than a DD by today's standards.
Reply 35
because the average is a 32C (i think correct me if im wrong)

and there a lot mor giant boobs to push it up (no pun intended) than small breasts to bing it down

either that or this was an attempt by the OP to get people to post photos of boobs :smile:
I don't.

I think it is above average, because it is.
Reply 37
If your back-size is e.g. 40 or bigger and you're a D cup, chances are the breasts aren't going to look that big in comparison to back and waist circumference. It's just about volume and ratio; e.g. 32D would be roughly equal volume to 30DD, 34C or 36B.

And eveyone has different definitions of "large breasts"; ranging from more-than-average-handful C-D, to plastic/Jordan DDDDDD (yep exaggerative but still). No one will ever 100% agree on size!
Reply 38
Maybe she wears uplifts or pushup bras. Even so, you can't say that a DD is big at a small backsize. It's pretty average. And bra sizing has changed since Sophia Loren's time, so she probably would be bigger than a DD by today's standards.

Brassieres havent changed drastically. Only the underwires and ribbings have. Id say shes a cup size smaller in modern bras but Katy Perry topless is a B or a C cup depending on her cycle. She used to be a fat blonde too before becoming famous so there is no WAY that her breasts/cleavage are as perky as they seem. DD is small at 30 or 28 but its big at 34 or 36. 36DD is considered the holy grail AFAIK

but considering most women in Britain are FAT or overweight then yes I would say its average
D is the best size!

Latest