The Student Room Group

POLL: What cup size are you?

Scroll to see replies

30 C- the bloody commonest size ever. so annoying because everyone takes them...
Reply 81
Original post by geminibubblegum
30 C- the bloody commonest size ever. so annoying because everyone takes them...

Ha, same...at least I don't have the problem of shops not stocking that size.
32C
32C :smile: :smile:
Why is everyone so depressed with A cups!:eek:
I'm a 34A and it's great. They don't hurt when I run up the stairs and you know what they say, anything more than a handfuls a waste. Woo small boobs. :biggrin:
Original post by Smelly Ellie
Why is everyone so depressed with A cups!:eek:
I'm a 34A and it's great. They don't hurt when I run up the stairs and you know what they say, anything more than a handfuls a waste. Woo small boobs. :biggrin:

This! I've been an A-cup for as long as I've had any notable chest, though now through either weight gain or further growth, I'm now a B-cup (growing at the age of 21!). I love not having to worry about them running up stairs/for the bus (to borrow an old cliché) and being able to lie on my front when I sleep - comfiest sleeping position ever. :biggrin:

EDIT: Ah. I've just measured and checked a few calculators - older types put me right enough at 34B.. but the table in .Ali.'s post above puts me at 30E and another recommended by a friend puts me at 32DD. Erm. :lolwut:

To think that I'm looking down at DD or E boobs is pretty laughable..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Fjarskafinn
This! I've been an A-cup for as long as I've had any notable chest, though now through either weight gain or further growth, I'm now a B-cup (growing at the age of 21!). I love not having to worry about them running up stairs/for the bus (to borrow an old cliché) and being able to lie on my front when I sleep - comfiest sleeping position ever. :biggrin:

EDIT: Ah. I've just measured and checked a few calculators - older types put me right enough at 34B.. but the table in .Ali.'s post above puts me at 30E and another recommended by a friend puts me at 32DD. Erm. :lolwut:

To think that I'm looking down at DD or E boobs is pretty laughable..

It's a myth that DD is always big. It really does depend on the backsize, as cupsize is a relative measure. A DD would only be 'big' at above a 34, otherwise it's average. A 32DD would be small/average.

Spoiler

Older bra calculator methods are wrong, because the way bras are manufactured has changed a lot. A 34 backsize would most likely be on a size 14 woman. If you're below a 14, you will usually be a 32 or a 30. The cup is just relative, so if you have a small back, the cupsize will be larger than if you have a large back and the same breast volume.

If you wear a backsize too big, it can damage your back. I used to wear a 32FF (I'm a 30G) and I'd get awful backpains, because the band was too big, and the straps used to dig into my shoulders because they were supporting my breasts instead of the backband. I would really recommend trying a smaller backsize and a larger cup, just to see if it feels better. The table I posted is only a rough guide, so if you're wearing a 34B, try a 32C, 30D etc. Hope this helps. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
30c :smile:
42DD
Reply 89
32B. But I'm tiny so they actually look quite big on me :p:
30E/F depending on make. sometimes 32. would love to be a bit smaller...the smaller bras always look so pretty and dainty...
Reply 91
34/36DD:bl:
(edited 13 years ago)
32 E :smile:
48C.
Original post by .Ali.
It's a myth that DD is always big. It really does depend on the backsize, as cupsize is a relative measure. A DD would only be 'big' at above a 34, otherwise it's average. A 32DD would be small/average.

Spoiler

Older bra calculator methods are wrong, because the way bras are manufactured has changed a lot. A 34 backsize would most likely be on a size 14 woman. If you're below a 14, you will usually be a 32 or a 30. The cup is just relative, so if you have a small back, the cupsize will be larger than if you have a large back and the same breast volume.

If you wear a backsize too big, it can damage your back. I used to wear a 32FF (I'm a 30G) and I'd get awful backpains, because the band was too big, and the straps used to dig into my shoulders because they were supporting my breasts instead of the backband. I would really recommend trying a smaller backsize and a larger cup, just to see if it feels better. The table I posted is only a rough guide, so if you're wearing a 34B, try a 32C, 30D etc. Hope this helps. :smile:

I just looked at all those pics, and then down at myself. You may be right. xD
also, as a direct result of this thread, I did the many tests that are recommended to check the fit - band seems ok, but when I lifted my arms up, the underwire was hovering a good half-centimetre away from my body.
I bought a 32C push-up from Peacocks' sale in January, and it seemed to fit better, but the 32 felt really rather tight. I can imagine that's something I'd get used to, but I quickly switched back to my faithful 34B bras, since they're comfy. But my God, my bust looked almost comically huge compared to before! Instant boob job! :tongue:
Reply 95
Original post by Fjarskafinn
I just looked at all those pics, and then down at myself. You may be right. xD
also, as a direct result of this thread, I did the many tests that are recommended to check the fit - band seems ok, but when I lifted my arms up, the underwire was hovering a good half-centimetre away from my body.
I bought a 32C push-up from Peacocks' sale in January, and it seemed to fit better, but the 32 felt really rather tight. I can imagine that's something I'd get used to, but I quickly switched back to my faithful 34B bras, since they're comfy. But my God, my bust looked almost comically huge compared to before! Instant boob job! :tongue:

If you're wearing a bandsize that's too big, it can feel weird at first. What hook are you putting them on? When you buy a bra, you have to put them on the loosest hook first, because then as the elastic wears in the wash, you can tighten it. If the underwire is moving up, then it's deffinately too big at the back. I'd recommend going to a department store and trying on some good quality brands (like gossard, wonderbra etc) in 34B and 32C, and see what you think. Wear a plain T-Shirt, so you can try it on under it to see if it gives you a nice silhouette. The right sized bra can make such a difference. :smile:

I feel like a bra seller after this. :tongue:
Well it's not really a poll is it...
34ff
I wear plasters on my nipples...pretty supportive tbh :biggrin:
32A

Then again, I am a man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending