The Student Room Group

Is it possible to find love on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kalaghoda
Is it? Have any two users on here been complete strangers before TSR and are now dating? This may sound ridiculous, but any girls on here who want to give it a go? :tongue:

Well, a guy and me had each other's msn and got on like a house on fire - he wanted to meet eventually but then I was a complete **** to him. Even though I never even saw a picture of him and only spoke for a couple of weeks, I actually miss him quite a bit. He was really cute...:moon:
Original post by Drewski
Nah, you're right, there definitely is. At least 1, if not 2, I think.

*Phew* I was beginning to question my marbles, whether I had dreamt that up or there was indeed a TSR baby. Thank gawd I am NOT insane! lol

Oooo 2? oh my lol :tongue: Awww
(edited 13 years ago)
loads of people on here do...

quite a few have married....

and I daresay there is a TSR baby somewhere...:holmes:
Reply 63
Original post by DancinBallerina
*Phew* I was beginning to question my marbles, whether I had dreamt that up or there was indeed a TSR baby. Thank gawd I am NOT insane! lol

Oooo 2? oh my lol :tongue: Awww

Well, if you were dreaming about TSR I think you've got other issues to deal with.... :p:
mate this is ridiculous, unless everyone made a facebook acc with there real friends and then u saw how they looked and crap then just maybe it would possibly work, however you may fall in love with someone due to there writin style on here and when u see how they look ull be shocked lol i really wouldnt reccomend it, stick to real life and youl be fine.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by hatemylife
Well, a guy and me had each other's msn and got on like a house on fire - he wanted to meet eventually but then I was a complete **** to him. Even though I never even saw a picture of him and only spoke for a couple of weeks, I actually miss him quite a bit. He was really cute...:moon:

is that why you hate your life?
Honey, it's possible to find love anywhere. But no thx.
Original post by kaylafrances

No, bluntly.
Original post by lechaton-x
I've had my heart broken by two TSRians.
Twice.
Pathetic is not the word...

4 times then! Stick to real life guys in future!

I've tried talking to him and he talks back (sometimes about things you wouldn't normally talk about with other people) but he never initiates it and I get the feeling he doesn't like me. Can't blame him really.
Original post by hatemylife
I've tried talking to him and he talks back (sometimes about things you wouldn't normally talk about with other people) but he never initiates it and I get the feeling he doesn't like me. Can't blame him really.

i know how that feels
just imagine him as the ugliest person in existance - that should make you feel better
Well, I've heard a few stories about TSR people getting together, some even marrying and having children. So of course it's possible :smile:

There are plenty of nice people on here, but I think it would be better for you to get to know them through interesting conversation first, rather than downright advertise yourself out of desperation for dates :lol:.
Original post by IPlayThePiccolo

Original post by IPlayThePiccolo
tis true. my bf is on here but I knew him before. He introduced me to this charming online community...

Have you forgiven him yet? :wink:
Original post by Helenia
I'm marrying someone I met on TSR, and we're not the first TSR wedding. Though I should point out that weren't "online boyfriend/girlfriend" or anything like that - we met in real life and then got together.

There are plenty of couples on here, though most of them didn't start out by asking for online dates!

Yeah! Congratulations! Me and my bf also met on TSR but of course like you we started dating after we met. It has been difficult since I live in greece and he lives in the UK but after three years of LDR we are finally going to be together from September since we both have offers for a masters from the same uni. Excited is not the right word :biggrin:
I know its not the most romantic "normal" way to meet someone, and none of us actually went looking for it, but sometimes it just happens. I am glad it did :smile:
i know how that feels
just imagine him as the ugliest person in existance - that should make you feel better

But I don't think he was :frown: He did describe himself and I think he was really cuuute. Aww, thinking about it he sounded just like the perfect guy :colondollar: Just as I was typing that it stopped raining and the sun came through the clouds and it was all golden :rolleyes:
It's possible. And I prefer not to judge. So sure, why not?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Well, I've heard a few stories about TSR people getting together, some even marrying and having children. So of course it's possible :smile:

There are plenty of nice people on here, but I think it would be better for you to get to know them through interesting conversation first, rather than downright advertise yourself out of desperation for dates :lol:.

Well, no, I think that there's an important distinction between "is it possible to find love on here?" and "Is it possible to look for love on here and find it?"

By advertising it, you immediately create a stigma for yourself and reduce your chances to pretty much zero-but otherwise, you've entered a community in which you're sure to find like-minded people, and, what with the meets and whatnot, it's not impossible....
Love is a state of mind, therefore it is temporary.....don't delude yourself OP....
yes, I met my first boyfriend on TSR - we dated for about a year.
My second one... I also met on TSR briefly- but then met him in person a couple of years down the line (at uni) and we have been going out for 6 months now :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by lechaton-x
I've had my heart broken by two TSRians.
Twice.
Pathetic is not the word...

Coincidence that they were both called ian...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending