The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Contrad!ction.
ah poo, I actually know them. In exams, I reckon I'm going to just slap 'SULPHURIC ACID!!!!!' everywhere :tongue:
yeah course you do :rolleyes:

psh, the exam board disagrees :wink:

pah, exam board shmexam board

I've already got mine here :tongue:

you piss 'ed :biggrin:

fermentation using an enzyme I've forgotten the name of, or some sort of catalysed reaction I've forgotten about :tongue:

XYMASE! AND STEAM! ADDED TO ETHENE! BY ELECTROPHILIC ADDITION!

erm...no comment...all I can do is wish you Good Luck! :biggrin:

Chemistry? :tongue:

I think that's the first question you've got right! :tongue:

Do you intend on taking chemistry onto A2?
Reply 21
For some reason, our head of Chem (who won't let me resit F321, grr) has only given us the papers, but not the mark scheme. >.<

I managed to answer everything but screwed myself over with that big cyclohexane question because I didn't take the q in properly and answered it all with silver nitrate stuff. I made some stupid mistakes in there as well, like forgetting that molecule shape.

Tertiary isn't. Primary alcohols are oxidised to aldehydes by distillation or carboxylic acids by reflux. Secondary alcohols are oxidised to ketones.

Describe briefly how fractional distillation can be used to convert crude oil into a small number of fractions [4]
Stolen from my teacher :tongue:

pastpapers.org

chemistry

all MS
Original post by viksta1000
yeah course you do :rolleyes:

Shup :tongue:
pah, exam board shmexam board

After all, it's not as if their policies will affect your results, is it? :tongue:
you piss 'ed :biggrin:

It's how I got through my revision last time :tongue:
erm...no comment...all I can do is wish you Good Luck! :biggrin:

:redface:
I think that's the first question you've got right! :tongue:

Oh thanks :tongue:
Do you intend on taking chemistry onto A2?
Sort of, but not next year. It clashes with Further Maths and I love my Further Maths lessons. Last week, I swapped timetables so I could go to FM lessons which were great - I couldn't before because of practicals.

And there's a question on margarine - FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- electrophilic addition of what? I don't want to kill anyone by adding chlorine :tongue:
Shup :tongue:

Sort of, but not next year. It clashes with Further Maths and I love my Further Maths lessons. Last week, I swapped timetables so I could go to FM lessons which were great - I couldn't before because of practicals.

And there's a question on margarine - FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- electrophilic addition of what? I don't want to kill anyone by adding chlorine :tongue:

Haha, yeah for your own sake, take further maths!! :biggrin: jokes

margarine....something to do with hydrogenation (addition of hydrogen)?
Reply 24

And there's a question on margarine - FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- electrophilic addition of what?

Hydrogen/Hydrogenation of Ethene, Nickel Catalyst 150 degrees...

Did you watch Kidult: Beautiful young minds? If you're into maths you may enjoy it
Original post by SteveCrain
pastpapers.org

chemistry

all MS

Yeah, they're on our VLE as well, I just don't understand why she'd do that >.<

Meanwhile, head of maths takes the time to create 5 past paper packs plus mark schemes and results sheet. What a man. And the way he manages to reference a film or TV show every lesson.

Hydrogen/Hydrogenation of Ethene, Nickel Catalyst 150 degrees...

margarine....something to do with hydrogenation (addition of hydrogen)?

Ah beasty, thanks guys :biggrin: Ignore my fail at poisoning people with my excessive electrophilia :wink:

Haha, yeah for your own sake, take further maths!! :biggrin: jokes

Did you watch Kidult: Beautiful young minds? If you're into maths you may enjoy it
Love maths, I want to teach it :tongue:
I'll probably take A2 Chem in my 3rd year at 6th form and do an A Level in Additional Further Maths to make my head of maths really hate me :tongue:

Ah, anyway, topicwise: Give 5 principles of Green Chemistry
Reply 26
x

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0084b18/Kidult_Beautiful_Young_Minds/

Watch if you haven't. It is a good program. One of the guys posted on TSR about it a couple of times
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0084b18/Kidult_Beautiful_Young_Minds/

Watch if you haven't. It is a good program. One of the guys posted on TSR about it a couple of times

Love how we've hijacked the OP's thread and turned it into a maths discussion :tongue:

Thanks, watching it now :biggrin:
Crap book is crap. :tongue:

erm.. a positively charged species that is attracted to a negatively charged species. Or something like that. I'd probably write delta-positive/delta-negative in the exam.

Define the term isomer.

Apparently in the exam, for electrophile, it's ok to write "electron pair acceptor" instead of anything more detailed than that. My chemistry teacher told me this last year. :smile:
Original post by Salliana23
Apparently in the exam, for electrophile, it's ok to write "electron pair acceptor" instead of anything more detailed than that. My chemistry teacher told me this last year. :smile:

I think as long as you mention the electrons and that it wants them, then yes :tongue:

But normally I take up like 4 lines on a 1-line question :tongue:

Ah I'm trawling through the syllabus: e) define an electrophile as an electron pair acceptor
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
ah poo, I actually know them. In exams, I reckon I'm going to just slap 'SULPHURIC ACID!!!!!' everywhere :tongue:

psh, the exam board disagrees :wink:

I've already got mine here :tongue:

fermentation using an enzyme I've forgotten the name of, or some sort of catalysed reaction I've forgotten about :tongue:

XYMASE! AND STEAM! ADDED TO ETHENE! BY ELECTROPHILIC ADDITION!

Chemistry? :tongue:

Guys! I would really appreciate if someone could put the Module 3 AS OCR Chemistry book Practise question- ANSWERS on here for me... in a word document or something.
It's on page 215, I lost the ****** DISK and am so pissed of that I have done. If anyone could I would be forever in your debt:smile:
Reply 31
I hate this unit soooooooooooooo much a did a resit worked really hard for it read the book inside out did all the past papers even the old specification! But guess what I got the same grade it only went up by a few UMS. I got soooooooo angry in jan. The only advice I can give u is to read every single little detail in the book and do loads of timed questions.
1 mark=1 minute or less
Reply 32
Can someone please please please send the answers for the MODULE 3 OCR Chemistry AS practise questions... PAGE 215!
Reply 33
Original post by J DOT A
Can someone please please please send the answers for the MODULE 3 OCR Chemistry AS practise questions... PAGE 215!

as far as i know the CD only has answers to the examination Q's right?......the answers to the practise questions are in the back of the book pg 264 :smile: ....if thats what you mean :tongue:
Reply 34
Original post by blush.ox
as far as i know the CD only has answers to the examination Q's right?......the answers to the practise questions are in the back of the book pg 264 :smile: ....if thats what you mean :tongue:

Okay guys, I am really stuck on Bond enthalpy....

CH2=CH2 +H20 = CH3CH20H

Bond enthaplies are C-H=413, C-C=347, C-0=358, 0=0 = 497, C=O= 805, O-H= 463, AND C=C= 612

I hate these.... Sometimes I get it right and sometimes completly wrong...
I did 612+ (4x413) + 2x463 - (5x413)+347+358+463
But I got the answer wrong and I don't know how!!
Original post by J DOT A
Okay guys, I am really stuck on Bond enthalpy....

CH2=CH2 +H20 = CH3CH20H

Bond enthaplies are C-H=413, C-C=347, C-0=358, 0=0 = 497, C=O= 805, O-H= 463, AND C=C= 612

I hate these.... Sometimes I get it right and sometimes completly wrong...
I did 612+ (4x413) + 2x463 - (5x413)+347+358+463
But I got the answer wrong and I don't know how!!

As far as I can see your numbers are right - but look at the sum itself. You're missing a pair of brackets.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
Is it bad that out teacher hasn't covered any enthalpy and half of the resources module. :/
I see a fail coming along....
Reply 37
Original post by Saliency
Is it bad that out teacher hasn't covered any enthalpy and half of the resources module. :/
I see a fail coming along....

They might just be doing it in a different order.

Our teacher hasn't started the CO2 and environment bit yet.

Our physics teacher says we're 2 weeks behind and we haven't even started the "photons" bit of the "Electrons Waves and Photons" module. :eek:
Reply 38
Original post by Joseppea
They might just be doing it in a different order.

Our teacher hasn't started the CO2 and environment bit yet.

Our physics teacher says we're 2 weeks behind and we haven't even started the "photons" bit of the "Electrons Waves and Photons" module. :eek:

Guys! When you have a Hess's Cycle and you are given values of delta H of combustion, but want to figure out the Enthalpy change of formation.... are the arrows pointing up or down from the combustion products... and can you explain why please?
Reply 39
Original post by blush.ox

LOL yeah I just figured out:P

I wanted to ask.... if you want to work out enthalpy change of formation, but have delta H values of Combustion.... DO THE arrows point up or down from the products when doing Hess's law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending