The Student Room Group

Best lip balm you've ever tried?

I need a new lip balm, my carmex just finished but I'm not sure if I want to get it again as I feel like it's all that moisturizing and I find it tends to leave residue on my lips :s-smilie: Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

I've tried quite a few, but dont think I've found a perfect one. I like the original carmex...but when it finished i bought the cherry one...they dont feel the same :/ I use the one in a little tub..and dont like using my fingers to apply everytime.

I mostly use

and

Spoiler

.. if my lips get too dry then:

Spoiler

On the look out for something better..so will be watching this thread :smile:

P.S. I really dislike palmer's lip balm..it irritates my lips.
I've tires this one too..and didnt like it..pobbaly because the cream above is better.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
This one (it also comes in a tube):

I had a hard time finding a good lip balm, they'd work for a while and then eventually start drying out my lips! Blistex really works :smile: Love it. I have sexy lips now.
Reply 3
Nivea- milk & honey
Someone I know is amazed by how good Body Shop Hemp is...you can find it on eBay as well as the Body Shop!
Just not Carmex cherry, it's awful.
I like Kiehl's and Dr.Hauschka, or I have a pack of 5 Agatha Ruiz de la Prada ones that work wonders which I bought on holiday a couple of years ago - I have all of these except the kiwi one and they are a-m-a-z-i-n-g, the colours are really nice too:

http://cosmeticlenses.co.uk/index.php?cPath=134_163_215
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula

I swear by every product in the range!
Reply 9
Chapstick! :biggrin:
I really like the original Burt's Bees one (it's got peppermint in it and makes your lips tingle) or Palmer's Cocoa Butter ('cos it smells sooo good and makes your lips really soft).
Reply 11

Lavera Black Currant Lip Balm - Yummy :biggrin:

I can't leave the house without it! I bought loads when they were £1 in Superdrug so I never run out ahaha!

Can't imagine my lips without it ahah :smile:
Carmexxx! :biggrin:
I've always loved Chapstick...plus, Carmex Strawberry is far better than the Cherry one but I'm dying to try the mint flavoured one. But if I'm feeling luxurious then I'll go for Creme de la Mer's The Lipbalm.

Oooh, yeah and has anyone else tried Softlips vanilla lipbalm? It tastes and smells like Bird's Custard!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Toss up between Nivea essential stick and Carmex ... Nivea atm :smile:
I never really have cracked or dry lips...but I sometimes put some of Yves Rocher 'baume hydratant' on because I like the flavour, it's meant to be grape!
And only about £2ish?
Don't think there's a world of difference between different products like these...the base root of it is not enough vitamins or harsh weather or something. The best a balm can do is make them better a bit and they all do that pretty much in the same way.
(edited 13 years ago)
I just use Vaseline! I'm a bit addicted tbh
Original post by When will I know?
I mostly use

I use this! It's not bad, but I think it runs out quite quickly...
Plus I always wonder if it's too shiny? And that I have Barbie lips :tongue:
Reply 19
I use plain ol' Vaseline at night before I go to bed, and aloe vera Vaseline during the day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest