The Student Room Group

Are women just looking for rich men?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Different women go for different qualities. Whilst money wouldn't be an additional attractive factor for me, someone with an ambition, determination to succeed and confidence in knowing they can make it is something I would go for.
Reply 21
Money doesnt matter much, I only care about appearance and personality. Why does nobody care about guys looks anymore?? But I have had a "privileged" life so maybe my answer will not be the consensus...
A successful man. If he's rich then...
Original post by No Future
In long term relationships:

There's a difference between being a gold digger and wanting to make babies with someone who can provide for the children and someone with a professional job is more likely to do that.

Who said anything about "making babies"? It just goes to prove that women look for "providers" who will get them pregnant and have the money to pay for the results! Women have exactly the same instincts as when we lived in caves!
Original post by baffled_mathman
Who said anything about "making babies"? It just goes to prove that women look for "providers" who will get them pregnant and have the money to pay for the results! Women have exactly the same instincts as when we lived in caves!

What?

If you're going to choose a long term partner to have a family with, it seems sensible to choose one who can provide a steady income if you are expected to take a break from your career for several years to raise the children.

Are you saying you would go and have children and not provide for them or as you put it not "pay for the results"?
(edited 13 years ago)
What?

If you're going to choose a long term partner to have a family with, it seems sensible to choose one who can provide a steady income if you are expected to take a break from your career for several years to raise the children.

What?

The idea isn't to "choose a man to have a family with". We're not just walking sperm factories and wallets you know! Unless you see it from the female perspective of course!
yh there are losers everywhere .
What?

The idea isn't to "choose a man to have a family with". We're not just walking sperm factories and wallets you know! Unless you see it from the female perspective of course!

wtf? Who said anything about walking sperm bank? :wtf:

Did you even read my post?

Long term relationships where babies are involved vs short term relationships.

You seem to assume women all think the same thing.
(edited 13 years ago)
wtf?

Did you even read my post?

Long term relationships where babies are involved vs short term relationships.

You seem to assume women all think the same thing.

wtf?

This is the thing with women (a good percentage of them), they see a man and think "is he worth making babies with?"...if so then maybe he's "long term potential". Humans are more animalistic than we realise sometimes!

I'd avoid letting men you date know how you think ;-)
wtf?

This is the thing with women (a good percentage of them), they see a man and think "is he worth making babies with?"...if so then maybe he's "long term potential". Humans are more animalistic than we realise sometimes!

I'd avoid letting men you date know how you think ;-)

Is that not true for either sex? Surely if you're considering a long term relationship/making babies, you would consider whether the person is the right person and has long term potential as part of a family and as a partner. Would they make a good mother/father etc?

How I think? That you should choose your partners carefully? What's wrong with that? It's not a secret or anything to hide. Why shouldn't you consider carefully when choosing a partner?

Please stop making assumptions about women and putting a negative spin on everything "Oh they want me for a sperm bank, goldigging hoes" :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by .Ali.
Different women like different things.

Whilst I don't go for money, I must admit, I'm attracted to an ambitious career minded man.

Megalomaniac?
Reply 31
Id say for a woman older than 24, money/being successful is the number one thing women consider before a guys looks or his accent or anything else. At the end of the day having a six pack or dreamy eyes is great. But being able to travel, eat at nice restaurants, drive a nice car is way more important for a woman. Not to mention a successful guy is usually more interesting and stimulating than a poorer dude
Reply 32
Original post by Wozzie
Oh. My. God!

And here I was thinking this dude just had a big ol set of balls!

Maybe she liked his tie :colonhash:
That's a big generalisation you're making there. Money means no financial worries which is good for a relationship especially a long term one, so I don't see why we can't take it into consideration. Guys totally consider girls by what they look like, just ask yourself why you do and you'll have the answer you want.
Whenever anyone asks me this i tell them, Im never looking for a rich man because I would rather be with a poor, pretty man than a rich ugly horrible man... but honeslty i don't care about their money!!!! (and im not ugly... just saying incase u think i can't get a rich man.... i can :wink: )
Reply 35
Girls judge guys primarily on looks. If you're a good looking guy you can do what you want with them, fix up your appearance lads!
Reply 36
IMO Women want men who they know can look after themselves and their family and can think for themselves; a well-paying job is simply an indicator that they are capable of just that. Anyone who says we're gold diggers for wanting that is a jealous moron.

I want someone intelligent and ambitious, someone who knows how to act towards me and can hold a conversation with me. I don't care how much cash they have particularly, but that's just me. Seeing as I'm 19 I'm not going to find anyone with that kind of money unless they're from a rich family or something.
Original post by najanyn
IMO Women want men who they know can look after themselves and their family and can think for themselves; a well-paying job is simply an indicator that they are capable of just that. Anyone who says we're gold diggers for wanting that is a jealous moron.

This exactly.
Reply 38
Why does it matter? money is merely a tool to get what you want, one way or another and secure your interest...
I've dated guys with dosh, and in return been called a "gold digging bitch" by their parents. Now I'm dating a guy that lives with his parents in a council house and works in a supermarket for a wage roughly 2/3 of mine (and my salary is ****). I'm much happier now. I don't have to justify to judgemental people why I am with him, I can pay for stuff etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending