The Student Room Group

Anyone got a letter from St Dominics Sixth Form College?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bambi :)
Yeah it was quite a lot to pay I was quite shocked. I knew about the hundred pounds for books etc which will be returned, the maths teacher told me on open day but I was like :O at the gift thing I was like o.0 okaaay...it's alright though, I still want to go :smile: lol :smile:

Bambi did u hear from woodhouse! ? i got an offer now im a bit torn!
Reply 21
Original post by woohooo
Bambi did u hear from woodhouse! ? i got an offer now im a bit torn!

Nooope o.0 Haha I live an hour + from there so it wasn't really my first choice. I don't really mind if get in or not. What's the condition? :smile:
Reply 22
it's not my first choice either realy, doms was but ahh! i think ill still go with doms, oo the condition was 6.0
Reply 23
Ive got an offer from st dominics and woodhouse too.. dont know which one to pick though
I still haven't heard from Woodhouse yet...I guess it's a rejection! :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by Princess_Shaz

no dnt say tht just wait and see hopefully tomorrow morn!
Aaawww haha thanks xD It's my first choice as well YAY :biggrin: loads of my friends get in, I just hope all of us get out grades! Where have you been woman?! xxxxx

I know, that's why I'm so happy for you; I knew how much you wanted to get in :biggrin:
Ugh! I've been busy with crap loads of coursework and controlled assessments, then family stuff happened so I've been busy....

How have you been? xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by woohooo
no dnt say tht just wait and see hopefully tomorrow morn!

Hopefully! Four girls in my year got their offers today :eek:
Original post by nerdfighter28
I know, that's why I'm so happy for you; I knew how much you wanted to get in :biggrin:
Ugh! I've been busy with crap loads of coursework and controlled assessments, then family stuff happened so I've been busy....

How have you been? xx

Nerdfighter! You're back xD
Reply 28

How have you been? xx

Aawww loool thanks:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: My friend called me in the morning and I ran down and opened my letter haha xD
Oh that smells! Hope you're okay :smile: PM me or txtathon if you want to talk about it :wink:
I've been meh, I'm actually quite worried about exams now, English and Spanish the most and my stupid BTEC PE isn't even a pass LOL!

So have you decided on a college yet? :tongue: xxxxx
It just wasn't the same without you!
Reply 29
Original post by jazzy95
Ive got an offer from st dominics and woodhouse too.. dont know which one to pick though

I think they're equally as good. Woodhouse is quite pressurizing and push you quite a lot whereas St Doms is a more relaxed atmosphere and it's really up to you. I gues it really depends on what you prefer! How far is each place from you? :smile:
Reply 30

Aaww don't worry! I haven't got one yet either. You've got other offers so you're safe:wink: Was Woodhouse your first choice?
Hopefully you won't get rejected and even if you do, don't worry, loads of people (like myself) apply to Woodhouse as a back up when they know it's too far to seriously consider. They end up rejecting the place so people can still call on results day and get a place:smile: How have you been? xxxxx
Hopefully! Four girls in my year got their offers today :eek:

Nerdfighter! You're back xD

haha, yup. You may bow in my presence now :P
Aawww loool thanks:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: My friend called me in the morning and I ran down and opened my letter haha xD
Oh that smells! Hope you're okay :smile: PM me or txtathon if you want to talk about it :wink:
I've been meh, I'm actually quite worried about exams now, English and Spanish the most and my stupid BTEC PE isn't even a pass LOL!

So have you decided on a college yet? :tongue: xxxxx
It just wasn't the same without you!

I'm alright, I'll probably PM you about it though :smile:

I haven't even revised yet and I've got English exams fast approaching! I'm really worried about English Literature :/
Nope on the colleges, I'm still waiting on Woodhouse, have you heard from them yet? People are getting their offers and I'm getting increasingly convinced I'll be waiting listed :s-smilie:

aww, you're so sweet, I missed you a lot too xxxxxxx
Aaww don't worry! I haven't got one yet either. You've got other offers so you're safe:wink: Was Woodhouse your first choice?
Hopefully you won't get rejected and even if you do, don't worry, loads of people (like myself) apply to Woodhouse as a back up when they know it's too far to seriously consider. They end up rejecting the place so people can still call on results day and get a place:smile: How have you been? xxxxx

Awwh, thanks your words are so reassuring :biggrin: Yep, Woodhouse was my first choice but I guess I'll be OK at Grey Coats. Well done for getting into St Dominics!!! I hear it's a really good college :smile: One of my friend's cousins just graduated from there, and from what she said, it seems like she loved it there...:biggrin: I've been good thanks, how about you hun? xxxxx

haha, yup. You may bow in my presence now :P

*Bows down...because she sees a donut on the floor* Who left this poor donut on the floor?! :tongue: How are you? xxxx

This exam stress is killing me :frown: I have 25 exams in the summer, how about you guys? And don't stress too much about English, just make sure you compare the poems in a format similar to this one: Introduction, content, structure, language and then the conclusion. Oh, and if your coursework is good, it will really bump your grade up :smile: xx
Reply 34
Awwh, thanks your words are so reassuring :biggrin: Yep, Woodhouse was my first choice but I guess I'll be OK at Grey Coats. Well done for getting into St Dominics!!! I hear it's a really good college :smile: One of my friend's cousins just graduated from there, and from what she said, it seems like she loved it there...:biggrin: I've been good thanks, how about you hun? xxxxx

*Bows down...because she sees a donut on the floor* Who left this poor donut on the floor?! :tongue: How are you? xxxx

This exam stress is killing me :frown: I have 25 exams in the summer, how about you guys? And don't stress too much about English, just make sure you compare the poems in a format similar to this one: Introduction, content, structure, language and then the conclusion. Oh, and if your coursework is good, it will really bump your grade up :smile: xx

I got my letter yesterday and the lady in my interview said she was going to make 650 offers and 650 waiting list offers. Offers will come before waiting list so if there are immediate rejections, they can offer others places.

I would have given an instant rejection however, im waiting on another two schools, so i need to keep this place as a back up.

So there is a chance you will get an Offer.
hope that helps
Reply 35
I'm alright, I'll probably PM you about it though :smile:

I haven't even revised yet and I've got English exams fast approaching! I'm really worried about English Literature :/
Nope on the colleges, I'm still waiting on Woodhouse, have you heard from them yet? People are getting their offers and I'm getting increasingly convinced I'll be waiting listed :s-smilie:

aww, you're so sweet, I missed you a lot too xxxxxxx

Okie dokie, I await your PM, hope you're okay! Watch some 90210 tonight and cheer yourself up :biggrin:
I knooooow, sameee! I went to this Easter Revision thing at Harrow Boys School today, it was alright but other than that revision isn't really happening o.0 Hopefully I'll do RS tomorrow and put off English for a while LOL xD
I haven't heard from Woodhouse either but I wouldn't say I'm really waiting on them :tongue: Whatever happens, I'm not planning to accept it anyway :tongue:
How are your HBS thoughts running? :tongue: xxxxx
Reply 36

Hehe dw:wink: I'm sure you'll get a place but if not, feel free to bag mine if I get one! :tongue: If only it were that easy lol :tongue: Aawww thanks, yeah I'm pretty excited :biggrin: I am a bit meh cos everyone keeps telling me how bad it is to reject Henrietta Barnett and that they're the best in the country but if I don't wanna go then I don't wanna go lol it's just the way it is, I can give my place to someone who actually wants it.

I have like max 15 exams at the end of the year, why do you have so many o.0 Mine finish on the 17th of June, can't wait for that day! I'm actually dreading the wait for results day! I can feel myself being nervous and I haven't even sat the exams yet! xxxxx
Hehe dw:wink: I'm sure you'll get a place but if not, feel free to bag mine if I get one! :tongue: If only it were that easy lol :tongue: Aawww thanks, yeah I'm pretty excited :biggrin: I am a bit meh cos everyone keeps telling me how bad it is to reject Henrietta Barnett and that they're the best in the country but if I don't wanna go then I don't wanna go lol it's just the way it is, I can give my place to someone who actually wants it.

I have like max 15 exams at the end of the year, why do you have so many o.0 Mine finish on the 17th of June, can't wait for that day! I'm actually dreading the wait for results day! I can feel myself being nervous and I haven't even sat the exams yet! xxxxx

Awwh, I would be honored to take your place :tongue: I wish it was that easy! Aha!
Well, Henrietta Barnett is good but so is St Dominics, and it's your choice where you would like to go, and I'm sure that you'll do well wherever you go :biggrin: And yeah, someone may be yearning for that place at Henrietta Barnett. Did you visit both open days? Did one appeal to you more?
Lucky you-15 exams! I have 10 more ahaha! I don't even know why I have so many, you know O.o Yeah, imagine the night before results day...and then getting the envelope in your hands, that is partially see-through...I'd probably end up peeing myself! LOL! xxxxx
Okie dokie, I await your PM, hope you're okay! Watch some 90210 tonight and cheer yourself up :biggrin:
I knooooow, sameee! I went to this Easter Revision thing at Harrow Boys School today, it was alright but other than that revision isn't really happening o.0 Hopefully I'll do RS tomorrow and put off English for a while LOL xD
I haven't heard from Woodhouse either but I wouldn't say I'm really waiting on them :tongue: Whatever happens, I'm not planning to accept it anyway :tongue:
How are your HBS thoughts running? :tongue: xxxxx

Interesting, I also went to the Harrow to those harrow revsion school session. Did science yesterday and I'm doing maths tomorrow. It's good but there's just such little time and so much to cover and for some of the lessons, you just think you could have learnt more at home :s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by Obscenedilemma
Interesting, I also went to the Harrow to those harrow revsion school session. Did science yesterday and I'm doing maths tomorrow. It's good but there's just such little time and so much to cover and for some of the lessons, you just think you could have learnt more at home :s-smilie:

I only went for English yesterday, it was alright, nothing AMAZING but I kind of expected it. How was the one today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending