The Student Room Group

passport renewal

Hi,

I need to get my passport renewed, as I have an interview next week and they require a current valid passport, but mine has expired.

Does anyone know how to renew a passport and how to get a renewed passport on the same day or within a few days, as it is quite importnat that I have it by next Thursday.(14th April)

Any help would be appreciated. :smile:
You'll need to get forms from your local post office, but I think for same days you need to make an appointment at your nearest passport office to get it sorted. It's very expensive, bear in mind.
If you get the form ( from your local post office) you can speak to them about it. Usually it takes between 2 weeks but if you want it quicker, you may have to pay more.

Bearing in mind I just had my passport renewed and it cost about £70 for the standard 2 week delivery.
Reply 3
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/index.htm

You can fast track passport renweals but it might cost you almost double the standard fee, it's up to you if you think it's worth it.
Original post by OmicronPersei8
If you get the form ( from your local post office) you can speak to them about it. Usually it takes between 2 weeks but if you want it quicker, you may have to pay more.

Bearing in mind I just had my passport renewed and it cost about £70 for the standard 2 week delivery.

Ohhhh I'm so relieved, booked a hol for the end of May and vaguely thinking I have to get my passport renewed at some point, started ****ting myself because I was under the impression that passport renewals take six weeks (looked it up and it's just if it's your first ever passport because you usually have an interview alongside your application) and my bf was telling me I should leave extra time to allow for the bank holidays of Easter and the Royal Wedding. Was looking into the Fast Track option but it's two weeks, then, and does it normally come on time?
Original post by OmicronPersei8

This is the case.
I dont know of any ways to get it quicker than that though- other than speaking to the post office to see what they can do.
Original post by takethyfacehence
Ohhhh I'm so relieved, booked a hol for the end of May and vaguely thinking I have to get my passport renewed at some point, started ****ting myself because I was under the impression that passport renewals take six weeks (looked it up and it's just if it's your first ever passport because you usually have an interview alongside your application) and my bf was telling me I should leave extra time to allow for the bank holidays of Easter and the Royal Wedding. Was looking into the Fast Track option but it's two weeks, then, and does it normally come on time?

It should come on time. Mine came on time when i did mine- that was a coouple of years ago but still.
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
This is the case.
I dont know of any ways to get it quicker than that though- other than speaking to the post office to see what they can do.

I have a child passport and it expired. Do I have to renew it to an adult passport. Is that allowed?
Reply 8
You can order the forms online. Took at least a week to come. Then you have to send it off, and wait for it to be processed which could take even longer.
It should come on time. Mine came on time when i did mine- that was a coouple of years ago but still.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by firestar101
I have a child passport and it expired. Do I have to renew it to an adult passport. Is that allowed?

When you renew it they will change it into a full 10 year adult one. The only time you have to have an interview or anything like that is if you get your first ever passport when you are an adult.
Reply 11
When you renew it they will change it into a full 10 year adult one. The only time you have to have an interview or anything like that is if you get your first ever passport when you are an adult.

Thank you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending