The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

News away from the new series...I finally got around to ordering the soundtrack from series 5 today with some birthday money. Estimated delivery time 16th. :biggrin:
Original post by haleem
Did you read something about two... :ninja:

All I know is that DW is ****ing with my mind at the moment :woo:

Tell meeeee!!
Reply 7442
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
Tell meeeee!!

:shiftyrun:
Now that we know what the Silence are (well kind of), doesn't it make the whole 'Silence will fall' comments confusing? It also makes Vampires of Venice more confusing? Didn't they something about seeing silence through the cracks so are there two types of silence ie the monsters and something else?

And why are we now calling them 'Silents' and not 'Silence', just general curiosity rather than pedantry.
Original post by sleekchic
Now that we know what the Silence are (well kind of), doesn't it make the whole 'Silence will fall' comments confusing? It also makes Vampires of Venice more confusing? Didn't they something about seeing silence through the cracks so are there two types of silence ie the monsters and something else?

And why are we now calling them 'Silents' and not 'Silence', just general curiosity rather than pedantry.

Silents is the name given to those aliens you've been seeing. Moffat and several others have clarified this which is why everyone is calling them Silents. They are also listed as Silents in interviews, magazine articles and scripts/call sheets. Silence Will Fall is just a phrase, the meaning of which is yet unclear. Silence Will Fall could be like ultimate end result of the Silents story arc, like the End of Time with the Time Lords.

The Silence could be the plural form or the name given to something bigger to do with the Silents (like a machine or an event). Still unclear.
(edited 13 years ago)
Silence Will Fall could be as simple as it looks. Silence falling over creation (Rory telling the Doctor all he heard was silence), the result of some massive weapon or effect. Or Silence could mean something totally different, that is not silence - something visible. "Through some we saw Silence".

Or it could mean or be read as something being defeated.
(edited 13 years ago)
Some very cool Doctor Who ads on Hulu for Doctor Who on BBC America right now :biggrin:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Silents is the name given to those aliens you've been seeing. Moffat and several others have clarified this which is why everyone is calling them Silents. They are also listed as Silents in interviews, magazine articles and scripts/call sheets. Silence Will Fall is just a phrase, the meaning of which is yet unclear. Silence Will Fall could be like ultimate end result of the Silents story arc, like the End of Time with the Time Lords.

The Silence could be the plural form or the name given to something bigger to do with the Silents (like a machine or an event). Still unclear.

Sorry I should have made that cleared. I meant there's a possibility that the Silents aren't saying 'Silence will fall' especially if 'Silence will fall' refers to the Silents downfall and the Doctor's, so perhaps someone else says it.

Also on digitalspy someone said something about:

Spoiler

Original post by sleekchic
Sorry I should have made that cleared. I meant there's a possibility that the Silents aren't saying 'Silence will fall' especially if 'Silence will fall' refers to the Silents downfall and the Doctor's, so perhaps someone else says it.

Also on digitalspy someone said something about:

Spoiler

Oh definitely. That's what I think anyway. I don't that think voice in Pandorica Opens belonged to the Silents. It is a possibility if they existed within the Tardis, but I think it belonged to someone from the Doctor's past, as has been speculated many times before. They could just be using the Silents as a tool. It's not even clear that they [Silents] are 'evil' or the main evil. Therefore, if it is an external voice or bigger evil, both statements - either of which were used (silence falling and silence falling in defeat) would make sense.

Although slightly more confusing is Moffats comments saying "who are the Silence?" when 'Silents' would have made more sense.

Spoiler

Original post by Phobia27
It would be so cool/creepy if there has been a Silent in the TARDIS for all of Series 5, causing the cracks to appear everywhere they go. :ninja:

I'm sure the whole crack thing has been resolved, if the reason [Tardis blowing up] for it hasn't. But I completely agree, that would be extremely cool/creepy if there was a Silent within the Tardis (as shown in the mini teaser trailer). The thing that has been said about them is that they have existed since the beginning of the universe, and are always present through history - just forgotten.

I'm just really glad we have a good new monster and not a regurgitation of classic monsters again and again.
Original post by haleem
Did you read something about two... :ninja:

All I know is that DW is ****ing with my mind at the moment :woo:

Warning: Quite a significant spoiler if you don't know it already.

I multi-layered the spoiler because I'm not sure how much you know :p:

Spoiler

Reply 7451
Original post by Bella Occhi

Spoiler

:eek: :eek3: :eek2: :eek4:

Spoiler

There's one other who has done so before

Spoiler

Original post by roar558
There's one other who has done so before

Spoiler

:eek: That's even better! That fits perfectly!

Spoiler

Reply 7454

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

yeah she's the first person I thought of

Spoiler

Reply 7456
I haven't watched Doctor Who since David Tennant left. He was great so was the one before. Completely detest the current Doctor.
Original post by humy369

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by roar558
yeah she's the first person I thought of

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by loquita
I haven't watched Doctor Who since David Tennant left. He was great so was the one before. Completely detest the current Doctor.

This irritates me. You detest someone and you haven't even seen him in action? If you haven't watched the new Doctor Who, your opinion is null.
Original post by loquita

Well then you're missing out.

If you haven't watched it how do you know you detest him?

Latest