The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loquita
I haven't watched Doctor Who since David Tennant left. He was great so was the one before. Completely detest the current Doctor.

Have you actually watched any with Matt Smith as the Doctor, though? When DT left I didn't think anyone could be as good as he was, but now I really like MS. (DT is still my fave, though)
Reply 7461
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

This irritates me. You detest someone and you haven't even seen him in action? If you haven't watched the new Doctor Who, your opinion is null.

I must say, and I was fairly public about it on here, I despised the idea of Matt Smith as the Doctor. But I cannot criticise him at all :no: I think it has helped him that he has had Moffat rather than RTD running it for him though.
I would have liked to have seen Tennant get one season under Moffat but his version had already been tainted by RTDs influence and Tennants overacting in the final series.

I will however say that I still dislike Smith in real life.
Original post by Bella Occhi

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 7463
Original post by roar558

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 7464
Original post by roar558

Original post by roar558

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 7465
Warning: Quite a significant spoiler if you don't know it already.

I multi-layered the spoiler because I'm not sure how much you know :p:

Spoiler

That's what I read :wink:

:woo:
Reply 7466
Have you actually watched any with Matt Smith as the Doctor, though? When DT left I didn't think anyone could be as good as he was, but now I really like MS. (DT is still my fave, though)

:ditto:
Reply 7467
Original post by birduk

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Mess.

I will however say that I still dislike Smith in real life.

Why, because of his amazing hipster-ness? :p:

Original post by birduk

Spoiler

Da-yum. That's true. One theory down the drainhole!

Original post by roar558

Spoiler

Hmm. Don't know, then. I just thought that

Spoiler

Reply 7469
Matt Smith is a joke.

Series 5 was awful.

I dislike ALL of the themes the episodes had in series 5. They either seemed dated and old, or completely boring.

I also dislike Amy Pond. The writers are clearly creating a quirky couple, but the stories are dire.

Worst series in 5 years to be honest. The trailer for series 6 also looks lacklustre. Talk about budget cuts and cheap design ...
Reply 7470
Why, because of his amazing hipster-ness? :p:

Da-yum. That's true. One theory down the drainhole!

Hmm. Don't know, then. I just thought that

Spoiler

Original post by humy369

Spoiler

Original post by haleem
That's what I read :wink:

:woo:

Original post by Mess.

Spoiler

Original post by birduk

Spoiler

Original post by roar558

Spoiler

:eek: That's even better! That fits perfectly!

Spoiler

Matt Smith is a joke.

Series 5 was awful.

I dislike ALL of the themes the episodes had in series 5. They either seemed dated and old, or completely boring.

I also dislike Amy Pond. The writers are clearly creating a quirky couple, but the stories are dire.

Worst series in 5 years to be honest. The trailer for series 6 also looks lacklustre. Talk about budget cuts and cheap design ...
Original post by No!

What the hell are you on about?
Reply 7472
:troll:
Reply 7473

Original post by No!
Matt Smith is a joke.

Series 5 was awful.

Well, I disagree :h:
Original post by haleem
:troll:

Joined this month, low post count, high warning count, red repped, offensive remarks in other threads, randomly negged, posts twice - the second time to quote everyone he can for maximum effect, to ultimately get across an opinion he knows the others won't like. Poor troll.
Reply 7475
Original post by cambo211
What the hell are you on about?

'Oh look let's drag out an episode for 45 minutes using a box as the main set.'

'Oh look ... Let's use these outdated Reptile outfits and 1950s props'.

Oh look ... Let's go to Wales and film on a farm for two episodes'.

'Oh look ... Let's have no space related episodes because all those lights use too much electricity!'

'Let's recycle props as much as we can.'

Series 5 was pure fail on so many levels. It's shocking that people still want to watch Dr Who after that ...
Original post by No!
'Oh look let's drag out an episode for 45 minutes using a box as the main set.'

'Oh look ... Let's use these outdated Reptile outfits and 1950s props'.

Oh look ... Let's go to Wales and film on a farm for two episodes'.

'Oh look ... Let's have no space related episodes because all those lights use too much electricity!'

'Let's recycle props as much as we can.'

Series 5 was pure fail on so many levels. It's shocking that people still want to watch Dr Who after that ...

Compared to the mannequins and the amazing CGI in the first series?
Reply 7477

Joined this month, low post count, high warning count, red repped, offensive remarks in other threads, randomly negged, posts twice - the second time to quote everyone he can for maximum effect, to ultimately get across an opinion he knows the others won't like. Poor troll.

Haha! I'm entitled to my opinion. You make it sound like I'm talking complete rubbish but viewing rating dropped by 34% during series 4 and series 5. :s-smilie:

Series 6 will be the last - as announced by the BBC themselves. I'm afraid Matt Smith just doesn't 'cut it' for me.
Original post by No!
Haha! I'm entitled to my opinion. You make it sound like I'm talking complete rubbish but viewing rating dropped by 34% during series 4 and series 5. :s-smilie:

Series 6 will be the last - as announced by the BBC themselves. I'm afraid Matt Smith just doesn't 'cut it' for me.

Source?

If you can't even give a valid source after making a statement like that, you've just lost all credibility and you'll definitely sound like you're talking rubbish.
Original post by No!

You are talking rubbish.

Latest