The Student Room Group

Do your parents hit you?

My dad has anger issues & hits me over the smallest of things. He pulls my hair, punches me, and hits me with his slippers. The other day he hit my hand and there was blood all over my white bedsheets.

My mum tries to restrain him, but obviously shes not as strong as he is, she pushed him out the way the last time otherwise "He would have killed me", his words.

They've both been through a lot, my dad lost his job & my mum has acute depression. My sister also died ~15 years ago. Her moodswings are really bad & some of the things she says to me are just terrible, and my young brother has started to copy her.

I've thought about recording my dad when he hits me & reporting him. I don't really know what to do? I'm really petite. it would ruin his career, and my mum doesn't work. Plus at the end of the day, I do care for them but there is no love.

Scroll to see replies

****! You're ****ed!
How old are you? I say you **** off to university as soon as you can. It's really the only way out.
If you report him it might even be worse for both you and your mother. If you report him and it goes wrong you're even more ****ed!
Not any more since I murdered them

:biggrin: Joke, I used to get a smack when I was little but now that I'm bigger than them they've relaxed on the smacking.

I think you should move out. How old are you? Are you going to university?
My mum used to beat my violently as a boy.

But now that I'm a grown man, and the man of the house, the tables have darkly turned.
Reply 4
Original post by idontthinkso
****! You're ****ed!
How old are you? I say you **** off to university as soon as you can. It's really the only way out.
If you report him it might even be worse for both you and your mother. If you report him and it goes wrong you're even more ****ed!

Im 20. I go to uni @ home.
Original post by Lewroll
Not any more since I murdered them

:biggrin: Joke, I used to get a smack when I was little but now that I'm bigger than them they've relaxed on the smacking.

I think you should move out. How old are you? Are you going to university?

ditto :tongue:
Reply 6
Yes, and I hit them back.

LOL JK, I live on my own... :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Angie varona
PICTURE
Stop moaning.

Did you even bother reading or just decided to act like a mong?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

Could only be Asian?
Just leave it...i used 2 get hit when i was a boy...real badly...i cudnt believe my own dad would kick his own offspring like that.

But i guess it made me a better person. Ive learned from it and maybe i could say i even appreciated it?...
Reply 10
My dad has anger issues & hits me over the smallest of things. He pulls my hair, punches me, and hits me with his slippers. The other day he hit my hand and there was blood all over my white bedsheets.

My mum tries to restrain him, but obviously shes not as strong as he is, she pushed him out the way the last time otherwise "He would have killed me", his words.

They've both been through a lot, my dad lost his job & my mum has acute depression. My sister also died ~15 years ago. Her moodswings are really bad & some of the things she says to me are just terrible, and my young brother has started to copy her.

I've thought about recording my dad when he hits me & reporting him. I don't really know what to do? I'm really petite. it would ruin his career, and my mum doesn't work. Plus at the end of the day, I do care for them but there is no love.

Get out of there. Do anything you can. The fact that he's had a hard life is not an excuse. It will never, ever be an excuse.

Phone the police. You don't deserve to be assaulted by anyone, least of all a family member.

You're 20?! You don't have to take that. If you can't talk to him then isn't there somewhere else you can stay?
lol i'm 24 and i don't doubt my mum would have any problem beating me if i did anything wrong

and i would just have to take it as well!!
Original post by Watcher7
Get out of there. Do anything you can. The fact that he's had a hard life is not an excuse. It will never, ever be an excuse.

Phone the police. You don't deserve to be assaulted by anyone, least of all a family member.

This. Don't listen to the insensitive idiots saying things like "stop moaning", "troll" blah blah blah. They just don't understand. Get out and get help ASAP. Since your at university, shouldn't you be able to live in accomodation? Also see if there are services at your university (e.g. counselling) for help, advice and support.

Good luck. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
This simply is not the forum for seeking help, though I can see why you have done so. There are plenty of agencies out there that have genuine experience with helping people who are in your situation. I'm sure you could find them over the internet so I'm not going to be patronising to provide a few.

The first and foremost thing is to try and resolve the issue without getting authorities involved. If you can change things without breaking up your family, that is always better. If however, you see that there is no way that is possible, then you need to seek external help. That does not necessarily mean getting the police involved but it may mean finding a part-time job and moving out.

If your safety is in serious danger (and it seems like it is) then you need to put that first and call the police. You have to remember that your younger sibling may also have to go through this, or worse. Calling the police at this stage and getting the magistrates courts to forcibly put him through anger-management would be BETTER than him getting worse and ultimately doing some serious bodily harm to someone and being put away for a lot longer.

This is not your fault and you shouldn't have to put up with it, and nor should your younger sibling. This is unacceptable and regardless of how many children have died, this is no way to treat one's children.
Original post by Rob9292
Yes, and I hit them back.

LOL JK, I live on my own... :frown:

I've actually hit my dad before. :colondollar: not really hard, though (I lessened the force when I realised what I was doing). We were having an argument and he said something that pissed me off. Next thing I knew I was hitting him across the arm. I'm a girl btw.
Move out.
Original post by UCLstudent
This simply is not the forum for seeking help, though I can see why you have done so. There are plenty of agencies out there that have genuine experience with helping people who are in your situation. I'm sure you could find them over the internet so I'm not going to be patronising to provide a few.

The first and foremost thing is to try and resolve the issue without getting authorities involved. If you can change things without breaking up your family, that is always better. If however, you see that there is no way that is possible, then you need to seek external help. That does not necessarily mean getting the police involved but it may mean finding a part-time job and moving out.

If your safety is in serious danger (and it seems like it is) then you need to put that first and call the police. You have to remember that your younger sibling may also have to go through this, or worse. Calling the police at this stage and getting the magistrates courts to forcibly put him through anger-management would be BETTER than him getting worse and ultimately doing some serious bodily harm to someone and being put away for a lot longer.

This is not your fault and you shouldn't have to put up with it, and nor should your younger sibling. This is unacceptable and regardless of how many children have died, this is no way to treat one's children.

This as well.
Never ever have my parents raised their hands on me :h:
Call the police before something really bad happens to you. You cannot live your life treading on egg shells wondering when he is going to hurt you next. It's completely unacceptable.

My dad did it to my mum and me when I was little, he dragged me up the stairs by one of my ankles and gave me carpet burns all over my legs and back, and not long after this my mum got the courage to phone the police after he hurt her and have him taken away.

I understand you want to protect your fathers' job because it could have consequences for you if he lost it, but your safety comes first, not him. Think about number 1 and report him for abusing you next time something happens. It's about time "men" like this have their comeuppance.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending