The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Someone's couch/cheap accommodation in Aberystwyth for one night?

Hey, I am heading up to Aberystwyth tomorrow for a psychology open day on the 13th. Because I am such a tool I have not booked any accommodation for that evening. I am travelling on a fairly tight budget anyway. Can someone recommend me somewhere to stay for under £15? I have looked at the hostel in Borth but I presume that the various taxi journeys that I would need to get there from the station and back again in the morning then back to the hostel etc would cost a bomb, therefore I am looking for somewhere that is max 30 minutes from the edge of town.

Alternatively, if anyone is as much of a ledge to let some random tool of a person crash on the couch or floor of their flat, I would be ever so grateful and of little inconvenience. All I need is a place to sleep and a shower, and if you are busy then bar these two necessities you will see me no more. I will also get you a pint or something as a token gesture of your hospitality.

Thank you ever so much to whoever replies and I appreciate your help.
Reply 1
sleep in a/disabled toilet
b/train station
c/on the sea front in one of those little shelters
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by UPPSY
sleep in a/disabled toilet
b/train station
c/on the sea front in one of those little shelters

a/ dont be silly, im not after the hilton hotel as even the floor of the uni reception would do me, however the illness that I would get from sleeping on feacle matter and puddles of urine isnt exactly what I would like in way of some reminder of aberystwyth.
b/ maybe in the summer in some Mediterranean train station
c/ the point of my visit is to see the uni, not wander round in a half sleep deprived daze as I recover from hypothermia having been exposed to the wind.

thank you for at least replying.
Reply 3
*desperate bump*
Reply 4

bump
Reply 5
If you can get somewhere in Borth, like you previously mentioned, trains run to Aber and cost £3 for a return (Borth -> Aber).
Reply 6
I was going to suggest trains. They're not that expensive between Aber and Borth. I don't know of anywhere that'll let you stay for £15 though, sorry.
Reply 7
bump
Reply 8
I would man but i'm not actually in uni at the moment, off for the holidays.

http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/media/OA-web.pdf
Reply 9
Have a look on Couchsurfing - not sure how keen people will be at such short notice.

This hostel has singles from £25.

It's £3ish for a train to Borth, then there's a youth hostel for £16.40 a night. It's a 10 minute walk from Borth station to the hostel.

Or you could ask the uni - they often have guest rooms.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Samrout
I would man but i'm not actually in uni at the moment, off for the holidays.

http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/media/OA-web.pdf

Thanks anyway. Looks like im going to need to skank some money and stay at that Maes-Y-Mor place.
Reply 11
Original post by SoapyDish
Have a look on Couchsurfing - not sure how keen people will be at such short notice.

This hostel has singles from £25.

It's £3ish for a train to Borth, then there's a youth hostel for £16.40 a night. It's a 10 minute walk from Borth station to the hostel.

Or you could ask the uni - they often have guest rooms.

Thanks for replying. Ive already checked and sent out requests. One very kind women replied but I havent heard from her for a few days so im trying to get something sorted in case something has happened to her and she has become unavailable.

Ill probably just go to the Maes thing which puts me out of pocket, im lacking funds at the moment. I wanted to wonder round Aber and get a feel of the town so borth is probably a no. thank you anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest