The Student Room Group

How much revision do you do per day?

Like me, I'm sure that you have exams coming up in the next few months.

Just wondering how much revision do you do per day?

Do you revise as much as you can or do you just do as much as you feel like (like me :smile: )

I do like 2 hours minimum a day and I'm doing biomed science... doesn't feel enough really :frown:
0 hours.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
750g. and you?

EDIT: btw i do have something relevant to say, please see below.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
heey i'm doing biomed too! hi 5! thing is, i'm finding it reeeeal hard to get into revising...and my first exam is on the 9th of May!
Original post by ash92:)
heey i'm doing biomed too! hi 5! thing is, i'm finding it reeeeal hard to get into revising...and my first exam is on the 9th of May!

Mine start on 6th of May and its biochemistry... thank God that its first. Even worse when I didn't do chemistry at A-level. Even though I didn't do well in the Jan MCQ's I've been doing decent in coursework. I just don't want resits or to repeat the year!
Original post by OneBeanLescott
Like me, I'm sure that you have exams coming up in the next few months.

Just wondering how much revision do you do per day?

Do you revise as much as you can or do you just do as much as you feel like (like me :smile: )

I do like 2 hours minimum a day and I'm doing biomed science... doesn't feel enough really :frown:

Im also doing BMS, second year. I revise for 8 hours a day, plus 4 extra hours to finish my haematology/histology practical write ups.

Sucks, I have had 5 offers today of going for a drink in the sun, but Im stuck in revising medical biochem and writing haematology :frown:

I revise for an hour, then take a 15 min break. Repeat until dead.
i don't need more remaining to start revision, feel burnt out from the dissertation write up and i need to start the presentation for that
first exam on the 25th scary when i start it be a few hours a day, once the fear kicks it i'll bump it up to 5 hours a day, maybe live in the library
Reply 7
I revise from 9am til 5pm, mon-fri (like a real working week). Usually with 10-30min brakes after every 2 hours :smile:

I like to keep the weekends for relaxing. To keep me sane.
Reply 8
Mine start on 6th of May and its biochemistry... thank God that its first. Even worse when I didn't do chemistry at A-level. Even though I didn't do well in the Jan MCQ's I've been doing decent in coursework. I just don't want resits or to repeat the year!

aah, you'll be fine :wink: i hate biochem too, though i had a summative MCQ test yesterday which went a lot better than i expected..seen as i hardly revised for it :biggrin:
i think my first one is a physiology module
Reply 9
I toom all the hard subjects Bio, Chem, Maths AND phys, (i iz dead WOOHOO) but on a serious note, now its easter i either do 2 hrs a day if i feel like hell, but its usually pretending its a normal school day, 9-3.30 with 5 minute breaks every 50 minutes with an half hour break at about 12.30, so really its:
Weekdays=4-5 maybe 6 hours per day
Weekends:s-smilie:aturday: 6 hours per day
Sunday : meh 3-4 hours (my day off) :biggrin:, hope this sereves as a guide line if u want to pass
(I failed my December exams (E,C,B,U) in that order, only did about 2 hrs per day Dec break, so if u wanna pass, the above is about right
Yeah i should'nt have gone to the park to just sit around with mates today... I still have 3 and a half weeks to revise for biochem anyway ... 15 lectures in that period of time should be a piece of cake ... 8 HOURS! thats insane... I think i'd have a mental breakdown if I did that much :frown:. Treating revision like a school day seems like an awesome idea though!
One more thing do any of you revise with music in the background ?
One more thing do any of you revise with music in the background ?

When I stopped doing that I started getting 70%+ on exams. Allowed me to fully focus.

I have also now moved my revision up to 10 hours a day. I really do have that much material to cover in the next 4 weeks.
Reply 13
It varies, if i have access to a computer, then yes, if not then no, however, im one of those people who cant focus without something playing in the background, helps me focus :tongue:
Reply 14
Actually, I have a question of my own, HOW do you guys revise?
for me i use either coloured spider diagrams or simply bullet points. how's bout uz :biggrin:
Reply 15
I'm trying to revise for my exams but I'm finding it so difficult, and I'm not motivated at all.
Any help, guys? :frown:
Original post by Jack Stone
Actually, I have a question of my own, HOW do you guys revise?
for me i use either coloured spider diagrams or simply bullet points. how's bout uz :biggrin:

I organise my modules into the topics and file the lecture notes required for each topic. I then read through the lecture and understand the principles described, then repeat process whilst writing brief revision notes full of facts, pathways and buzzwords which I read over in the few days before an exam.

After my notes are ready, I practice past papers and turn back to the information if my knowledge is lacking, repeat until "god tier".

With modules such as molecular cell biology, where we are required to learn about DNA replication and gene expression, I would turn to online animations rather than lectures, I find they are easier to understand rather than a block of text.
Original post by choly7
I'm trying to revise for my exams but I'm finding it so difficult, and I'm not motivated at all.
Any help, guys? :frown:

Imagine the awesome summer you could have after the exams, plan some stuff as a reward for your hard work. (for me its a bunch of festivals ! :biggrin: )

Get a revision plan and stick to it, know the topics in your modules, break them all down so it seems more like 10 small bits of info rather than one big one. Set goals throughout your revision (e.g I want to know everything about laboratory identificaiton of bacteria by 15th april).

Practice past papers!!! They are great for understanding the format of the exam, and for learning how to answer questions correctly and how to construct essay answers. Do this enough and in the exam you will feel confident and like the exam paper is a part of you. (Sorry that sounds so cheesy haha)

When you start to drift just remind yourself that theres not long until summer and you can chill like a boss after the exams :biggrin:
I have learnt a valuable lesson.

Just 1 hour of reading/revision a day, after lectures, throughout the year, would have made my life about 700% easier right now hahaha.

Quick Reply

Latest