The Student Room Group

One Night Stands.... purely physical....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Menakshelatte
it's especially tempting if you've been single for a long time i guess:confused:
with 1 night stands comes regret.maybe catching a disease,maybe being filmed,maybe doing it with someone wron who you wil have to see again..and many other rubbish possibilities :s

yes... im single all the time, ive never had a relationship, i dnt really like the idea of one, unless its someone who i really like, and i dont really see the point in them, although its nice when other ppl are in relationships....

yes! student nights +Alcohol=bad combo.....
Original post by Drewski
You can still get all that with a relationship, or any 'source' of sex. ONSs are no more or less dangerous. Depends how you go about it, too... If it's just a randomer from a pub/club, then yeah, you're playing a risky game... but if you choose differently you eliminate those risks.

well i wouldn't go out with that kind of person who i carry risks with..
I can tell who will betray my trust generally and who won't so i'll be selective :tongue:
oh yh sure ons depends on who you do it with..the possibilities i said coun for randomers,but still even if you did it with like a best friend who you know is definitely sensible,keeps secrets,doesnt have diseeases or anything,there will be major awkwardness :/
Reply 22
Of course, if people were more honest and just said that they like the thrill of the unknown sexual encounter then I could completely understand that.

Yeah... maybe its just the thrill or excitement u get, not knowing.... or just one mad night where you can let loose and not worry.....
Reply 23
well i wouldn't go out with that kind of person who i carry risks with..
I can tell who will betray my trust generally and who won't so i'll be selective :tongue:
oh yh sure ons depends on who you do it with..the possibilities i said coun for randomers,but still even if you did it with like a best friend who you know is definitely sensible,keeps secrets,doesnt have diseeases or anything,there will be major awkwardness :/

True enough, but there are other ways of doing it, too. Depends on how motivated you are for it, I guess. No sex is ever risk free, whether it's health or emotions... Up to you to see if it's worth it.
Reply 24
i think as long as you both know its a ons and are protected, then go on ahead , only young once and there will be time enough for a relationship later on down the line
Original post by NPhere
yes... im single all the time, ive never had a relationship, i dnt really like the idea of one, unless its someone who i really like, and i dont really see the point in them, although its nice when other ppl are in relationships....

yes! student nights +Alcohol=bad combo.....

i was assuming your a player but last snetence put me off..
how old are you and are you kind of nerdy?

you dont want to be in a relationship and you dont want 1 night stands? :s-smilie:
Reply 26
depends on whos the judge, i'd say that 8+ would be loads, it would put me off someone anyway
Original post by Drewski
True enough, but there are other ways of doing it, too. Depends on how motivated you are for it, I guess. No sex is ever risk free, whether it's health or emotions... Up to you to see if it's worth it.

Don't get it,what other ways?:confused:
and the bold bit i agree 100%
Reply 28
i was assuming your a player but last snetence put me off..
how old are you and are you kind of nerdy?

you dont want to be in a relationship and you dont want 1 night stands? :s-smilie:

lol... YES im nerdy .... :smile:
i dnt want a relationship at this moment of time, im too busy with uni and stuff.... i would like one in the future offcourse... but right now... no....

I dnt no about one night stands... its just physical so its doesnt mean anything... so i dunno whether its wrong or not??? Ive had chances to have ONS but i havnt yet, but im tempted to.... there.....
Reply 29
Original post by leahrascal
depends on whos the judge, i'd say that 8+ would be loads, it would put me off someone anyway

ah ok.... but i hate how for guys it acceptable, and there all up there and with girls its just looked upon....
Reply 30
Original post by leahrascal

I wouldn't be too bothered about a number. As long as once I was with them they didn't do it anymore, where's the harm?
Reply 31
one night stands are so much better than relationships
i get bored of being with the same person
Reply 32
Original post by magicL
one night stands are so much better than relationships
i get bored of being with the same person

do you mean getting bored with the same person 'physically' or just in general like 'emotionally' and stuff
I don't really care what other people are doing (LOL) in their spare time. If anything, I like the thought that they are doing something which won't advance them in any way that I consider meaningful (I'm quite competitive).

However, I wouldn't marry a girl who had had one night stands. I probably wouldn't marry one who had had sex with someone else to be honest. I realise this might seem unfair (especially to the non-virgins reading this), but I haven't had sex with anyone (not because I haven't had chances. some girls have liked me in the past and others have tried to set me up with their attractive friends, one time because the friend was concerned that she was still a virgin at 18), and I have plenty of acceptable reasons for not wanting to marry a girl who has.

Also, "you only have your youth once" doesn't motivate me to have one night stands or anything else which is just unproductive pleasure. When I think back to primary school, I don't really regret that I behaved how I wanted so didn't get invited to many parties, since the fun of the party would be over now anyway, and when I think back to high school, I don't regret not going to any parties I was invited to, again because the fun would be over now anyway. What I regret is the things I didn't do which would benefit me now, like taking more exercise, studying harder earlier on, getting into certain hobbies earlier, etc. When you're old, you'll still be old regardless of how much sex you've had.
(edited 13 years ago)
Like other people have said on here, I think it's fine to choose to do that as long as you have your contraception sorted, both parties know what the deal is, and you aren't so wasted that you're going to put yourself at risk. I've had a fair few ONS' but most of the time if I know a hook up is going to go down that route I make sure we go back to mine - not his, where I know there are other people in my house if anything goes dodgy.
Reply 35
Original post by NPhere
do you mean getting bored with the same person 'physically' or just in general like 'emotionally' and stuff

both, i just can't see my self being with one person for so long.
Reply 36
Original post by magicL
both, i just can't see my self being with one person for so long.

yea same... lol.... i think im gna end up very lonely in the future hah.
When you've had lots, it just gets boring
Reply 38
I just haven't found anyone suitable... or I just scare ppl off : D
(Ill go for the 2nd lmao)

Its a nice way of letting off the steam and the hormones.
Though I've only done it with ppl Ive meat at least a couple of times or which I consider to be my frds :3

I don't feel slutty, just sorry for myself sometimes xD
But then I just brush it away "meh"

: 3

In any case - use protection and check whether he is legal, lol...theres tons of 17 year olds who defo dont look like it lmao
Reply 39
Original post by Abara
check whether he is legal, lol...theres tons of 17 year olds who defo dont look like it lmao

Um... a 17yr old would be legal. You just couldn't take him to a bar afterwards :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending