The Student Room Group

Tips and questions - How to stay focused during revision

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay concentrated while revising without getting distracted? Because I feel that revising for 3 hours may not be enough as I have got 8 exams! (All of them are all the Business and Economics units, including both AS and A2 exams). So i might try on some days to revise for 4-5 hours as I am really determined to do well!

I just need the will power and I know I can do it. However I do need some basic tips from you guys to help me stay focused. I mainly need advice on revision techniques, how long to revise for before taking a break? How long should my breaks be?

Also might sound weird, but what food or drinks could I eat to help me stay focused? As well as is it best to revise during the morning around 30 minutes - 1 hour after I have woken up, afternoon, evening or night? How many hours of sleep should I get, is 8 hours enough?

I know it is a lot of questions but I feel that by having my concentration levels improved significantly I would do really well in my exams!
Reply 1
I have trouble staying focused on revision too, but my college's library is open during the holidays so I'm planning to go in every day to revise so I know I wont get distracted.
If your college/school library is open I'd recommend going in, if not go to a public library. Failing that, try and find somewhere at home you can work without getting distracted. If you have stuff like computer/laptop/TV/xbox etc turn them off

8 hours sleep should be fine. What time of day you work is dependent on you really. Personally I work best at night as I feel more relaxed and there are fewer people to be distracted by as they've all gone to bed haha.

Apparently eating bananas is good for you as they raise energy levels or something, try to stay away from sweets though.

Hope this helps a bit :smile:
I will be watching this thread as I need some revision tips myself!
Reply 2
Original post by alishpie

I have trouble staying focused on revision too, but my college's library is open during the holidays so I'm planning to go in every day to revise so I know I wont get distracted.
If your college/school library is open I'd recommend going in, if not go to a public library. Failing that, try and find somewhere at home you can work without getting distracted. If you have stuff like computer/laptop/TV/xbox etc turn them off

8 hours sleep should be fine. What time of day you work is dependent on you really. Personally I work best at night as I feel more relaxed and there are fewer people to be distracted by as they've all gone to bed haha.

Apparently eating bananas is good for you as they raise energy levels or something, try to stay away from sweets though.

:surprise:
Reply 3

Thanks for your comment :smile:

However I do not feel that I need to go to the library as I do not get distracted by others at home or by my TV or laptop. I just generally have problems revising for a prolonged period of time (but I need to do quite a bit of revision as this is my last chance before university and I cannot retake any of my exams!)

I just mainly need tips on how to stay focused, how long should I revise for before I take a break and how long my breaks should be.

At least you answered one of my questions about what to eat lol :P
Reply 4
Still need more advice please :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Alf123
Still need more advice please :smile:

Not being awake at 2am would be a good start.

Quick Reply

Latest