The Student Room Group

Logo design

Hello,

I am looking to start a website and don't have much capital but need a logo designed which will need to be clear and professional looking.

I know that a logo designer won't design a logo for free, so was wondering if there are any university students or pre university students here who are looking to build their portfolios. I would be able to provide a reference for the work, and as I understand it Graphic Design students are required to provide portfolios for interviews and what not, so could be beneficial for both parties.

Are there any students looking to expand their design portfolio? Please get in touch.

Many thanks,

B
http://shouldiworkforfree.com/

I think this comes under the top section.

Just because they are students doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for a service they would provide.
tight arse, i got a friend doing graphic design, want me to ask him as he wants to build a portfolio but with a small fee? £20?
I don’t think many people would do it for free but I do designs for nightclubs and I do logos. Let me know if you would like me to help. It won’t be free though.
I took my contact information of because I don’t want random phone calls or emails but PM me if you want my services.

Reply 4
Hey, this is definitely something I'd be interested in. Im a graphic design student and have good experience with logo and identity design. I think if you want this done for free you won't get a very good result, but for £25 (negotiable) I would create a proffessional logo that I can guarantee you'd be pleased with. If this interests you and you would like to negotiate price and talk the brief over with me, PM me and we can exchange contact info.

http://grphcdsgnr.wordpress.com/

I designed the logo for the website linked above
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by hmmkay
Hey, this is definitely something I'd be interested in. Im a graphic design student and have good experience with logo and identity design. I think if you want this done for free you won't get a very good result, but for £25 (negotiable) I would create a proffessional logo that I can guarantee you'd be pleased with. If this interests you and you would like to negotiate price and talk the brief over with me, PM me and we can exchange contact info.

http://grphcdsgnr.wordpress.com/

I designed the logo for the website linked above

Surely you have more examples? I don't mean to be harsh but you don't need to be a graphic designer to pick a typeface and type out the website's name (sans vowels because it's apparently cool).
Reply 6
Original post by Yuck
Surely you have more examples? I don't mean to be harsh but you don't need to be a graphic designer to pick a typeface and type out the website's name (sans vowels because it's apparently cool).

LOL

Yep, sure I have a whole portfolio that I'll show the OP if he/shes intereseted. I don't need to show my entire portfolio on tsr so people like you can rate my ability as a designer. Clearly you can't appreciate that good design isn't just about creating a logo which is difficult to design. That logo design is a simple design that is 'clear' and 'proffessional' and I thought that it would be relevent to show seeign as the OP has asked for just this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by hmmkay
LOL

Yep, sure I have a whole portfolio that I'll show the OP if he/shes intereseted. I don't need to show my entire portfolio on tsr so people like you can rate my ability as a designer. Clearly you can't appreciate that good design isn't just about creating a logo which is difficult to design. That logo design is a simple design that is 'clear' and 'proffessional' and I thought that it would be relevent to show seeign as the OP has asked for just this.

Hey.
Have you considered using a template for your website :smile: ?
There are many websites with great ones! And, in my opinion, add all your logos on your website.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by hmmkay
LOL

You don't but you still posted up work to allow yourself to be judged.

When looking for a designer to work on my own projects (alongside myself), I'm looking for more than the capability to take existing typefaces, set the colour to some shade of blue and then slap it on a white background. If they can demonstrate technical ability then I'll be quite confident in their ability to produce more simplistic, clean and professional styles.

If all he wants is a clean typeface on a solid background, he doesn't need to pay £25 for it.

As a side note, consider using PNG for graphics that have limited colour palettes. Not only will the filesize be smaller than a JPG but you're going to get a crisper image thanks to the format's lossless nature. Apologies if you're already aware of this, it's not my aim to come across as condescending. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
I wouldn't mind seeing someones work. Would be nice to just have a look what people consider good.
Reply 10
Original post by Yuck
You don't but you still posted up work to allow yourself to be judged.

When looking for a designer to work on my own projects (alongside myself), I'm looking for more than the capability to take existing typefaces, set the colour to some shade of blue and then slap it on a white background. If they can demonstrate technical ability then I'll be quite confident in their ability to produce more simplistic, clean and professional styles.

If all he wants is a clean typeface on a solid background, he doesn't need to pay £25 for it.

As a side note, consider using PNG for graphics that have limited colour palettes. Not only will the filesize be smaller than a JPG but you're going to get a crisper image thanks to the format's lossless nature. Apologies if you're already aware of this, it's not my aim to come across as condescending. :smile:

I posted the design so the OP could judge a example of my work

I think when you're next looking for a designer, you should be looking for someone who has the ability to create design that communicates effectively, not just somebody who impresses you with there in depth knowledge of illustrator. If you knew much about logo design you'd know that the most successful logos are the simplest.

The OP said he was looking for a clean and professional website logo so I showed him one of my website logos that I feel is clean and professional. If he said he needed someone to create a design that displays complicated information, I would show him some information graphics I've designed.

Thanks for the side note :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by hmmkay
I posted the design so the OP could judge a example of my work

I think when you're next looking for a designer, you should be looking for someone who has the ability to create design that communicates effectively, not just somebody who impresses you with there in depth knowledge of illustrator. If you knew much about logo design you'd know that the most successful logos are the simplest.

The OP said he was looking for a clean and professional website logo so I showed him one of my website logos that I feel is clean and professional. If he said he needed someone to create a design that displays complicated information, I would show him some information graphics I've designed.

Thanks for the side note :smile:

I'm aware of that. Didn't intend to start an argument though. :smile:

*flies away.
Reply 12
Hi we are looking to have our logo redesigned if anyone's interested, happy to pay for it.jc

Quick Reply

Latest