The Student Room Group

Pharmacy through adjustment/clearing.

I have an offer for Brighton to do Pharmacy... but i would really love to go to Bath!

My question is will i be able to apply for adjustment/clearing, and is there a chance Bath will be there?

Brighton Vs Bath...pros and cons?

Any help would be much appreciated!

THANK YOU :smile:
Reply 1
If you have an offer I wouldn't risk losing that offer in the off chance that Bath will be in clearing.
what grades do you have at the moment?
Reply 3
Original post by pharm-philic
what grades do you have at the moment?

GCSESs 2A* 4A 4B 1C
AS AABB (Geography, product design with graphics, chemistry, biology.
A2 predictions A*AA (geography, chemistry, biology)

i REALLY want to go to bath, i applied for medicine then realized it wasnt for me, and i put my 5th choice as Brighton, but i'd really like to go to Bath through clearing/adjustment!

:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CrazyDaisy123
GCSESs 2A* 4A 4B 1C

i REALLY want to go to bath, i applied for medicine then realized it wasnt for me, and i put my 5th choice as Brighton, but i'd really like to go to Bath through clearing/adjustment!

If that's where you really wanna go why not take a year out, work and save a bit of money before going?
Reply 5
Original post by BigDirty
If that's where you really wanna go why not take a year out, work and save a bit of money before going?

Because as much as i want to go there, the fees are going up next year... is it worth paying £9000 more for the same course... as much as i love bath.

So do you know if there is any way to get into bath through adjustment?
Reply 6

So do you know if there is any way to get into bath through adjustment?

Can't you phone them? I think your best bet would be to talk to their admissions tutor and see what they say.
GCSESs 2A* 4A 4B 1C

wow. if you get A*AA in the end, you can definitely get into Bath pharmacy =)
though i'm only a to-be-pharmacy-student there =)
Reply 8
Original post by jami74
Can't you phone them? I think your best bet would be to talk to their admissions tutor and see what they say.

I've emailed them but no reply... maybe because its easter hols?
Reply 9
Original post by pharm-philic
wow. if you get A*AA in the end, you can definitely get into Bath pharmacy =)
though i'm only a to-be-pharmacy-student there =)

Thanks, but i don't want to pay 9k, hence why im trying to get in there this year, i made a stupid mistake of applying for medicine, i dont want to have to take a year out.
Reply 10
What about transfering? Do one year in Brighton and then transfer to Bath. I dont know how it would work with fees... because it still would be the same course but the entry point 2.
Reply 11
Original post by deep_red
What about transfering? Do one year in Brighton and then transfer to Bath. I dont know how it would work with fees... because it still would be the same course but the entry point 2.

I wasnt aware you could transfer unis.
Do you have to have certain conditions/reasons for a switch?
Reply 12
I was at their 'medic applicant' open day in early march, and the admissions tutor said they were already over subscribed or something? You could try clearing, but be prepared to not get the offer you want. If you want it that bad, then maybe consider applying for 2012 entry?? And Brighton is an amazing city btw :biggrin:
Reply 13
CrazyDaisy123,

Why not?? I think you can transfer from any uni and any course. That's what I was going to do with Pharmacy, do first year and transfer somewhere else with the entry point 2 (ucas form). I guess that all you need to do is to have good grades and pass all your exams.
If anyone thinks Im wrong please tell me :wink:
i everyone,

i've got an offer from bradford pharmacy for BBB grades. However, i am studying Biology and chemistry a-level and even though i already have an a-level in biology at a grade C which i did 5 years ago, i am doing biology a-level again this year. I need a B grade in it but i think i will get a C grade (or even a D as the a2 june exam is really eally hard) as i am currently on a grade C...
I'm wondering, say if worse cums to worse and i end up getting a D grade in biology. does anyone know which grade will be counted? Would be grade C be counted (even though it is 5 years old), or will the recent lower grade be counted?
Please can someone give me an honest answer, i'm too scared to ask the university myself incase they work against me as say well we need candidates with BBB.

plz sum1 help me with this query...
thanks
Reply 15
Original post by deep_red
CrazyDaisy123,

Why not?? I think you can transfer from any uni and any course. That's what I was going to do with Pharmacy, do first year and transfer somewhere else with the entry point 2 (ucas form). I guess that all you need to do is to have good grades and pass all your exams.
If anyone thinks Im wrong please tell me :wink:

Although transferring is fine, I'm quite sure those that choose to do so will still have to pay the higher tuition fee's. I recently spoke to Student Finance UK on the topic and the woman seemed to be convinced that those transferring in 2012 will be subject to the higher fee's, as you have to reapply through UCAS to transfer. That being said, there was a definite undertone of uncertainty in her voice, so I'd double check.

Original post by broken_glass_heart
i everyone,

i've got an offer from bradford pharmacy for BBB grades. However, i am studying Biology and chemistry a-level and even though i already have an a-level in biology at a grade C which i did 5 years ago, i am doing biology a-level again this year. I need a B grade in it but i think i will get a C grade (or even a D as the a2 june exam is really eally hard) as i am currently on a grade C...
I'm wondering, say if worse cums to worse and i end up getting a D grade in biology. does anyone know which grade will be counted? Would be grade C be counted (even though it is 5 years old), or will the recent lower grade be counted?
Please can someone give me an honest answer, i'm too scared to ask the university myself incase they work against me as say well we need candidates with BBB.

plz sum1 help me with this query...
thanks

I think it depends, after a certain period of time you're A-Levels become effectively expired as far as I know. So you'll need to find out for how long after sitting your A-Levels are they still credible for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending