The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Timepasser
damn we lost too many good players...Tiwary, Duminy and even Jayasuriya's retired. Im not too sure about our batting though

Not really, this is jus a fun tournament. But yeah the world cup was magical :^_^:

Wow, thinking about the world cup.....ah :biggrin:

After all the pressure the Indian players went through they coped so well, even before the tournament they were already the winners of the WC :smile:

Indian media :angry:

But yeah, defo fun tournament. Just want to enjoy some awesome cricket :biggrin:
damn we lost too many good players...Tiwary, Duminy and even Jayasuriya's retired. Im not too sure about our batting though

Not really, this is jus a fun tournament. But yeah the world cup was magical :^_^:

lol the worldcup was the serious stuff, and we won !! so i guess this is prolly jus relaxing not too serious after such a great win.
Original post by Manesh2468
lol i guess it depends on what part of india u rep, id prefer mumbai to win cose im near there but meh its all good fun to watch, who ever wins in the end is just a bonus.

Yeah, true.
If I was supporting my roots, I'd be lumbered with the Kings VI Punjab :tongue:

I was supporting them in the last 3 seasons, now no Yuvi, so come on RCB.

Either way, I don't care who wins :smile:

I was properly stressed about the world cup :P
Reply 23
PUNE!
Original post by moanycar.
Yeah, true.

bring out the india shirts and flags for the second from last match!! if u get me lol, it was intense, had the news coming on my phone while in college lol, i was a lil worried but then after seeing all the runs come in i had a good feeling that we were gna win, then the final match was jus like meh we won the last match which was very important, what ever happens we did good lol!:biggrin:
Wow, thinking about the world cup.....ah :biggrin:

After all the pressure the Indian players went through they coped so well, even before the tournament they were already the winners of the WC :smile:

Indian media :angry:

But yeah, defo fun tournament. Just want to enjoy some awesome cricket :biggrin:

Think Im gonna be like my parents talking abt 1983 in the future :biggrin:

Yeah this really was a special performance considering the teams we beat Pak and Aus...the old enemies! I would've hated to be playing in the Pak game...not cuz I would be scared but its jus too high risk :rolleyes: Its like an army's worth of pressure was on those 11 players!

Its always nice to see the players casual for a change. Specially Sehwag and Tendulkar in the Mumbai-Delhi game.
bring out the india shirts and flags for the second from last match!! if u get me lol, it was intense, had the news coming on my phone while in college lol, i was a lil worried but then after seeing all the runs come in i had a good feeling that we were gna win, then the final match was jus like meh we won the last match which was very important, what ever happens we did good lol!:biggrin:

Yup, Wednesday 30th March 2011, India vs Pakistan. That was my final :P
I was thinking, if India can beat Pakistan, well we can beat anyone because of the momentum we got from that win.

Misbah saved the day for India, again :smile:
First in the T20 world cup in 2007 again in the WC in 2011. Gotta love Misbah :P

I LOLED when he started hitting sixes in like the 17/18th over, I was like WTF, you suddenly wake up NOW???

I was getting my sister to send me updates of that match, when she told me Yuvi and Kohli were out I was like "We're gonna lose"

I genuinely didn't believe we could defend 260.
But we did :smile:
Rajasthan Royals ftw!!

Shame that Shane Watson is on international duty. 15 sixes in one match of ODI is priceless.
lol the worldcup was the serious stuff, and we won !! so i guess this is prolly jus relaxing not too serious after such a great win.

Good times for indian cricket. Maybe we mite see even better performances/shots (if that were possible) now that they're relaxed...normally there is a certain degree of pressure even in the IPL.
Yeah, true.

Glory hunter :rolleyes:
Think Im gonna be like my parents talking abt 1983 in the future :biggrin:

Yeah this really was a special performance considering the teams we beat Pak and Aus...the old enemies! I would've hated to be playing in the Pak game...not cuz I would be scared but its jus too high risk :rolleyes: Its like an army's worth of pressure was on those 11 players!

Its always nice to see the players casual for a change. Specially Sehwag and Tendulkar in the Mumbai-Delhi game.

Yeah. My dad keeps moaning about how we should have won in 2003 aswell. Me and him were sitting there, watching the highlights of it, wondering how we lost in the FINAL. Thats why Yuvi was soooooo happy when they beat Aus in the quarters this year.

My kids will be watching the highlights from this WC in a couple of years :P

People were saying to me "It's just a cricket match", and I was like "Are you serious, its India vs Pak, it's a fricken WAR" :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Rajasthan Royals ftw!!

Shame that Shane Watson is on international duty. 15 sixes in one match of ODI is priceless.

He'll be back soon enough. There's just one more one-day international in Bangladesh.
Glory hunter :rolleyes:

Well....Yuvi was the heart of KVIP.
Without my 'punjabi munda' I cannot physically bring myself to support KVIP. Not the same without YUVI :biggrin:
If Yuvi was with KVIP, I would be supporting them :biggrin:

I've been with RCB all seasons, and if not then CSK or KKR (who spent soooo much more in their auction this time, feel bad for them, they really want a good team to win)

Anyone other than Rajasthan. Personal vendetta against them. Don't know why :P
Yeah. My dad keeps moaning about how we should have won in 2003 aswell. Me and him were sitting there, watching the highlights of it, wondering how we lost in the FINAL. Thats why Yuvi was soooooo happy when they beat Aus in the quarters this year.

People were saying to me "It's just a cricket match", and I was like "Are you serious, its India vs Pak, it's a fricken WAR" :biggrin:

Wait what? Your kids will be watching the highlights from this WC in a couple of years?! You're doing your GCSE's.......

Yeah I dint think much of that one except for the way we lost...me and my whole family of 16 members were pumped up at the start and Zaheer went and bowled like he was drunk!

haha I hate it when it goes to nationalism and politics but still its not a game I would like to lose :tongue:
Wait what? Your kids will be watching the highlights from this WC in a couple of years?! You're doing your GCSE's.......

LOL, how'd you know that?
Erm, okay...didn't realised I'd written a couple.
Basically in the future some time, when I'm like 30 :redface:

Oooooopsie :colondollar:
LOL, how'd you know that?
Erm, okay...didn't realised I'd written a couple.
Basically in the future some time, when I'm like 30 :redface:

Oooooopsie :colondollar:

well clicking a few buttons allowed me to figure that out.

Anyway the Rajasthan Royals will kick your team's ass :wink:
Yeah I dint think much of that one except for the way we lost...me and my whole family of 16 members were pumped up at the start and Zaheer went and bowled like he was drunk!

haha I hate it when it goes to nationalism and politics but still its not a game I would like to lose :tongue:

Na, nor do I. But Pakistan as a cricket team irritate me, so thats why I was so pumped up about it. Plus I was sick of all the Pakistanis gloating about how well they were doing. They simply could not beat India on home turf in Mohali (where my daddy is from).

But politics really sucks when merged with cricket, I agree :smile:

Don't remember 2003 WC live, 'cos I was like, 8 years old :tongue:
well clicking a few buttons allowed me to figure that out.

Anyway the Rajasthan Royals will kick your team's ass :wink:

If they do, I couldn't give a damn really. They are one of my least favourite teams, but I'm not exactly going to care if they win. It's just another INDIAN team so, good luck Rajasthan :wink:

Didn't realise I'd actually written stuff on my profile. That's why I asked. Sorry :s-smilie:
If they do, I couldn't give a damn really. They are one of my least favourite teams, but I'm not exactly going to care if they win. It's just another INDIAN team so, good luck Rajasthan :wink:

Didn't realise I'd actually written stuff on my profile. That's why I asked. Sorry :s-smilie:

Don't be sorry :wink:

Latest