The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moanycar.
Yup, Wednesday 30th March 2011, India vs Pakistan. That was my final :P
I was thinking, if India can beat Pakistan, well we can beat anyone because of the momentum we got from that win.

Misbah saved the day for India, again :smile:
First in the T20 world cup in 2007 again in the WC in 2011. Gotta love Misbah :P

I LOLED when he started hitting sixes in like the 17/18th over, I was like WTF, you suddenly wake up NOW???

I was getting my sister to send me updates of that match, when she told me Yuvi and Kohli were out I was like "We're gonna lose"

I genuinely didn't believe we could defend 260.
But we did :smile:

aw, i think after that win it was pretty obvious we would win the final cose it felt like something had clicked in the team, but yeh theres always those moments when its like where gna lose!! when gna win!!! where gna lose! we will win! lol, i guess thats what makes it soo fun specially when its your home country playing, quite upsetting if we'd have lost, mny friend went south hall, apparently the streets were shut off and they were partying when we won that match, i didnt get to go :mad:
Well....Yuvi was the heart of KVIP.
Without my 'punjabi munda' I cannot physically bring myself to support KVIP. Not the same without YUVI :biggrin:
If Yuvi was with KVIP, I would be supporting them :biggrin:

I've been with RCB all seasons, and if not then CSK or KKR (who spent soooo much more in their auction this time, feel bad for them, they really want a good team to win)

Anyone other than Rajasthan. Personal vendetta against them. Don't know why :P

Fair enuf I'll give this to u since its IPL and they've ruined the player loyalty thing :mad:...atleast leave the icon players where they belong!

KKR wont win again! :h:

hmm I got nothin against any of the teams as most of the Paki/Aussies arent playing :colone:...dont like the whole srk/jeetoreee bs surrounding kkr though.
Original post by The_Timepasser
Good times for indian cricket. Maybe we mite see even better performances/shots (if that were possible) now that they're relaxed...normally there is a certain degree of pressure even in the IPL.

yeh i guess we might see some good play in the IPL since there is a lil pressure but not like the pressure in the world cup so hopefully they dont get pressured into doing something silly:biggrin: bring on the sixes's!
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Don't be sorry :wink:

My 'sorry' has been trashed :wink:
Fair enuf I'll give this to u since its IPL and they've ruined the player loyalty thing :mad:...atleast leave the icon players where they belong!

KKR wont win again! :h:

hmm I got nothin against any of the teams as most of the Paki/Aussies arent playing :colone:...dont like the whole srk/jeetoreee bs surrounding kkr though.

Yup, I know. I hate how they've fully mixed up the teams. I am like obsessive with cricket, and I can just about remember the rough new squads for the teams. LOL, don't mind the Aussies too much but really glad there aren't any Pakistanis (considering they keep going on about how crap IPL is and how they want nothing to do with it :biggrin: )

Shane Watson, wow, Rajasthan must be dying for him to come to India :tongue:
Na, nor do I. But Pakistan as a cricket team irritate me, so thats why I was so pumped up about it. Plus I was sick of all the Pakistanis gloating about how well they were doing. They simply could not beat India on home turf in Mohali (where my daddy is from).

But politics really sucks when merged with cricket, I agree :smile:

Don't remember 2003 WC live, 'cos I was like, 8 years old :tongue:

Yeah they're kinda annoying actually, they have all these messed up players who sometimes dont give a **** abt their country then suddenly decide to turn up and do well at the major tournaments :rolleyes: Haha I loved the shot Hafeez got out to as well...so technically brilliant!

Well I wouldnt say they couldnt beat us but they dint deserve to...we had tough games all the way through frm the group stages.

lol yeah that was the first time I started watchin cricket properly. Was kinda surprised why u were watchin that on highlights :tongue:
Original post by Manesh2468
aw, i think after that win it was pretty obvious we would win the final cose it felt like something had clicked in the team, but yeh theres always those moments when its like where gna lose!! when gna win!!! where gna lose! we will win! lol, i guess thats what makes it soo fun specially when its your home country playing, quite upsetting if we'd have lost, mny friend went south hall, apparently the streets were shut off and they were partying when we won that match, i didnt get to go :mad:

LOL yeah, thanks Afridi and his men for being the glue that stuck my Indian team together :smile:

Southall was crazy, my best friend was there, she recorded stuff for me. LOL, people were like standing on cars with flags and DHOLS :tongue:

When it comes to India and cricket I'm incredibly patriotic :biggrin:
yeh i guess we might see some good play in the IPL since there is a lil pressure but not like the pressure in the world cup so hopefully they dont get pressured into doing something silly:biggrin: bring on the sixes's!

I dont think there is any pressure actually...they must feel like really free :biggrin: Normally they're playing for their place in the indian team but they all did well this time.
Yeah they're kinda annoying actually, they have all these messed up players who sometimes dont give a **** abt their country then suddenly decide to turn up and do well at the major tournaments :rolleyes: Haha I loved the shot Hafeez got out to as well...so technically brilliant!

Well I wouldnt say they couldnt beat us but they dint deserve to...we had tough games all the way through frm the group stages.

lol yeah that was the first time I started watchin cricket properly. Was kinda surprised why u were watchin that on highlights :tongue:

Ha ha. Yeah, this was the 1st world cup I properly followed and was like OBSESSED about, more so than my dad, who started me off with this cricket obsession :smile:

I know. Pakistan are just one of those teams, so unpredictable. Either they are bloody awful or their brilliant, there is no in between.

Group B was by far more difficult than group A. India should have lost to England because of their terrible fielding effort, cannot understand how that match became a tie. Ah well, thanks England :wink: And SA....well, they're South Africa (my favourites for WC 2011...but then they retained title of 'chokers')

I love Hafeez, Afridi and Umar Akmal now :tongue:
I dont think there is any pressure actually...they must feel like really free :biggrin: Normally they're playing for their place in the indian team but they all did well this time.

Agreed. The pressure in practically non-existant. And if there was any element of pressure, it would be NOTHING in comparison to WC pressure :biggrin:
LOL yeah, thanks Afridi and his men for being the glue that stuck my Indian team together :smile:

Southall was crazy, my best friend was there, she recorded stuff for me. LOL, people were like standing on cars with flags and DHOLS :tongue:

When it comes to India and cricket I'm incredibly patriotic :biggrin:

lol lucky, is there any on youtube? il definately be there next time we win (hopefully they win again next time) but get the hell of my car!! lol prolly drive thro with india flag stuck on the roof down the motorway lol!

free with a lil pressure lol, sportsman always want to win, but i guess since its jus india it mus be really friendly and kinda cooled down.
lol lucky, is there any on youtube? il definately be there next time we win (hopefully they win again next time) but get the hell of my car!! lol prolly drive thro with india flag stuck on the roof down the motorway lol!

Not sure, there MUST be :P
Hopefully by the next WC I'll be able to drive :wink:
2019 WC in England.....WOOOOOO :biggrin:
LOL at me getting all excited 8 years early :tongue:

I stuck my India flag outside the window :cool:
Reply 53
Rajasthan Royals REPRESENT BRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

I'm from Jaipur yeyeyeyeyeye.

Pisses me off how many people go gloryhunting go though, like I'm Sindhi, not even Rajasthani, and technically speaking my ancestors are all from modern-day Sindh. And yet, I still support Rajasthan to the core despite the failures in the last two seasons. Compare that to Rajasthanis/Marwaris I know who have gone off supporting Chennai. Wtf!
(edited 12 years ago)
Not sure, there MUST be :P
Hopefully by the next WC I'll be able to drive :wink:
2019 WC in England.....WOOOOOO :biggrin:
LOL at me getting all excited 8 years early :tongue:

I stuck my India flag outside the window :cool:

yeh i cant wait till the match is over here, its gna be hectic lol, maybe book some seats and go watch it lol, roflmao get like a 50 foot india flag into the stadium and jus have it cover the crowd up:rolleyes:
Original post by rhinger
Rajasthan Royals REPRESENT BRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

I'm from Jaipur yeyeyeyeyeye.

Pisses me off how many people go gloryhunting go though, like I'm Sindhi, not even Rajasthani, and technically speaking my ancestors are all from modern-day Sindh in ****ing Pakistan. And yet, I still support Rajasthan to the core despite the failures in the last two seasons. Compare that to Rajasthanis/Marwaris I know who have gone off supporting Chennai. Wtf!

i aint supporting rajasthan for the only reason that, last time i went there it was too hot :tongue: had to stay in the car most of the time, until i got to go on the elephant !
yeh i cant wait till the match is over here, its gna be hectic lol, maybe book some seats and go watch it lol, roflmao get like a 50 foot india flag into the stadium and jus have it cover the crowd up:rolleyes:

LOL. Same. Got tickets for the India vs England series in the Summer. SOOOO excited :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ha ha. Yeah, this was the 1st world cup I properly followed and was like OBSESSED about, more so than my dad, who started me off with this cricket obsession :smile:

I know. Pakistan are just one of those teams, so unpredictable. Either they are bloody awful or their brilliant, there is no in between.

Group B was by far more difficult than group A. India should have lost to England because of their terrible fielding effort, cannot understand how that match became a tie. Ah well, thanks England :wink: And SA....well, they're South Africa (my favourites for WC 2011...but then they retained title of 'chokers')

I love Hafeez, Afridi and Umar Akmal now :tongue:

Same here and I dont even know how or why I started watching it! Never liked it before and no one really got me into it but my family were kinda hyped about the Pak and England games.

They're like Lagaan to the core...no team spirit, form or tactics at the start of most tournaments.

Yeah I was surprised by that game as well...at the end I dint know whether to be happy or sad but I guess I was more happy. It was great that they crashed out...now that I think of it Im not sure we could beat them if it was a final. They mite be nervous but that doesnt mean their bowlers arent quick :wink:

Afridi played well though...I hate his batting but he's a champ when it comes to limited overs bowling
Reply 58
Whos playing today guys?
Original post by sambansal
You should support Mumbai Indians, they are gonna win IPL 2011 season, because they are having Sachin Tendulkar....

not just tendulkar tho - even tho that could probably be enough lol

They have Malinga, Symonds and Harbajhan too

Latest