The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moanycar.
LOL. Same. Got tickets for the India vs England series in the Summer. SOOOO excited :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wow lucky, ill prolly be wrking all summer :frown: owhell watch it from home lol, have a bbq after we win (cough):biggrin:
Original post by rhinger
Rajasthan Royals REPRESENT BRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

I'm from Jaipur yeyeyeyeyeye.

Pisses me off how many people go gloryhunting go though, like I'm Sindhi, not even Rajasthani, and technically speaking my ancestors are all from modern-day Sindh in ****ing Pakistan. And yet, I still support Rajasthan to the core despite the failures in the last two seasons. Compare that to Rajasthanis/Marwaris I know who have gone off supporting Chennai. Wtf!

Not too many people care. They support the teams with the players they like. I am supporting RCB for the team, not 'cos I'm from Bangalore. I'm not going to support KVIP (who are arguably the weakest side in the IPL) just 'cos I'm Punjabi.

Personally, I'm supporting my favourite players, making me support almost every single team :tongue:
Original post by F_shakeey
Whos playing today guys?

Delhi Vs Rajasthan
Bangalore vs Mumbai

Greaaaaaat matches :biggrin:
Yup, I know. I hate how they've fully mixed up the teams. I am like obsessive with cricket, and I can just about remember the rough new squads for the teams. LOL, don't mind the Aussies too much but really glad there aren't any Pakistanis (considering they keep going on about how crap IPL is and how they want nothing to do with it :biggrin: )

Shane Watson, wow, Rajasthan must be dying for him to come to India :tongue:

I dont remember them either...its hard when u have transfers of this magnitude! I dont actually hate them but dint like their reaction to being banned :angry:

damn I jus looked at it now...sounds like rapage
Reply 64
I support Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Daredevils though I know they are not gonna win this year because of their team this year.
But I think it could be Chennai Superkings or mumbai indians winning this year.
Reply 65
Knight Riders FTW
Original post by The_Timepasser
Same here and I dont even know how or why I started watching it! Never liked it before and no one really got me into it but my family were kinda hyped about the Pak and England games.

They're like Lagaan to the core...no team spirit, form or tactics at the start of most tournaments.

Yeah I was surprised by that game as well...at the end I dint know whether to be happy or sad but I guess I was more happy. It was great that they crashed out...now that I think of it Im not sure we could beat them if it was a final. They mite be nervous but that doesnt mean their bowlers arent quick :wink:

Afridi played well though...I hate his batting but he's a champ when it comes to limited overs bowling

LOL, I fully LOVE Lagaan :biggrin:

Afridi is a legend atm, but it makes me laugh when he apologizes to Pakistan, that was enough to make me crack up for like an hour :tongue:

Not only him, I think Shoaib Malik had a habit of doing that aswell. Ha!

Same, no idea of what emotions I felt. Gutted that we couldn't have pulled it back. Happy that it wasn't an outright defeat :smile:

OOOOH Gul's over that Sehwag smashed for 21/22 runs (can't remember exactly :colondollar: )
you guys know alot bout cricket, i just watch it cose i support india lol now i wna see all the stats :frown:
Reply 68
Delhi Vs Rajasthan
Bangalore vs Mumbai

Greaaaaaat matches :biggrin:

Indeed should be great to watch. :awesome:
LOL yeah, thanks Afridi and his men for being the glue that stuck my Indian team together :smile:

Southall was crazy, my best friend was there, she recorded stuff for me. LOL, people were like standing on cars with flags and DHOLS :tongue:

When it comes to India and cricket I'm incredibly patriotic :biggrin:

I wish I was there...anywhere actually! :redface: I was in Abu Dhabi which is like dead cuz everyone else goes to Dubai...there was no big family occasion for me this time :frown:
LOL, I fully LOVE Lagaan :biggrin:

Afridi is a legend atm, but it makes me laugh when he apologizes to Pakistan, that was enough to make me crack up for like an hour :tongue:

Not only him, I think Shoaib Malik had a habit of doing that aswell. Ha!

Same, no idea of what emotions I felt. Gutted that we couldn't have pulled it back. Happy that it wasn't an outright defeat :smile:

OOOOH Gul's over that Sehwag smashed for 21/22 runs (can't remember exactly :colondollar: )

lol if cricket was like how the lagaan movie , cricket would be on another level lol, it would be crazy, imagine all the people going to the mandir to prayer for us to win roflmao aw atleast we dnt have to worry bout tax now :smile:
Original post by Manesh2468
wow lucky, ill prolly be wrking all summer :frown: owhell watch it from home lol, have a bbq after we win (cough):biggrin:

Aw, the benifits of only doing GCSE's. Might aswell enjoy myself now that I can. The tickets were my birthday present :biggrin: :heart:

Yup, bbq providing the weather doesn't mess it up :s-smilie:
I wish I was there...anywhere actually! :redface: I was in Abu Dhabi which is like dead cuz everyone else goes to Dubai...there was no big family occasion for me this time :frown:

At least you were there!! i was stuck in college doing psychology and biology -.-
free with a lil pressure lol, sportsman always want to win, but i guess since its jus india it mus be really friendly and kinda cooled down.

Still its only monetary pressure now :wink:

Bless :biggrin:

Southall makes me LOL. Freshy central :tongue:
Reply 75

i heard there were a couple of celebrations in abu dhabi :s but then again not many people would celebrate about cricket :s
Aw, the benifits of only doing GCSE's. Might aswell enjoy myself now that I can. The tickets were my birthday present :biggrin: :heart:

Yup, bbq providing the weather doesn't mess it up :s-smilie:

lol yeh lucky your doing gcse's and gratz on the bday prezzy lol, i think i might convince my fam to book some tickets :confused:, meh i would have a bbq everyday if i could...
lol if cricket was like how the lagaan movie , cricket would be on another level lol, it would be crazy, imagine all the people going to the mandir to prayer for us to win roflmao aw atleast we dnt have to worry bout tax now :smile:

Lol, my mum made us all do some long prayer on the day of the Pakistan match and for the final :tongue:

But yeah, completely different level :biggrin:
Bless :biggrin:

Southall makes me LOL. Freshy central :tongue:

leave the freshys alone!! its all about the markets when your down there roflmao u can lower the prices like in india i saved £2 lol!
Not sure, there MUST be :P
Hopefully by the next WC I'll be able to drive :wink:
2019 WC in England.....WOOOOOO :biggrin:
LOL at me getting all excited 8 years early :tongue:

I stuck my India flag outside the window :cool:

I do remember seeing videos of London on another thread so must b there.
Damn u jus made me feel awful about still not havin a license...or even having started it :cry:
Wow...I hope I can get a job here and extend my visa until then :eek:
But I mite try and watch India vs Eng when they come here, whenever it is they're coming in the summer.

Latest