The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moanycar.
Lol, my mum made us all do some long prayer on the day of the Pakistan match and for the final :tongue:

But yeah, completely different level :biggrin:

:s-smilie: i only prayer when i have my exams lol i need gods help then!! but meh i always hope he can read my mind :biggrin: (not all the time, for stuff i want =/) so yup it was all down to me that india won if i say so myself... lol jkin:wink:
Original post by The_Timepasser
I do remember seeing videos of London on another thread so must b there.
Damn u jus made me feel awful about still not havin a license...or even having started it :cry:
Wow...I hope I can get a job here and extend my visa until then :eek:
But I mite try and watch India vs Eng when they come here, whenever it is they're coming in the summer.

mhm can i have a link to the thread, i really wna see how it looked plz!!:smile:
Original post by Manesh2468
lol yeh lucky your doing gcse's and gratz on the bday prezzy lol, i think i might convince my fam to book some tickets :confused:, meh i would have a bbq everyday if i could...

LOOL :smile:

Don't like BBQ's for food, but for the lovely weather and company of family and friends :cool:

Oh and a chance for a massive family cricket match...which is usually awful but hilarious :biggrin:
LOOL :smile:

Don't like BBQ's for food, but for the lovely weather and company of family and friends :cool:

Oh and a chance for a massive family cricket match...which is usually awful but hilarious :biggrin:

yeh its funny with cousins lol, we set up 2 bbq thingys, like one for us youngers and one for the olders roflmao, they want there musaloh in everything!!!:eek:
I do remember seeing videos of London on another thread so must b there.
Damn u jus made me feel awful about still not havin a license...or even having started it :cry:
Wow...I hope I can get a job here and extend my visa until then :eek:
But I mite try and watch India vs Eng when they come here, whenever it is they're coming in the summer.

LOL, bless you :biggrin:
I'm dying to be able to drive, doubt I will be when the time comes. :tongue:

Hope India vs Eng lives up to my expectations and that they let some of the 'young guns' play alongside the greats like Tendulkar and Sehwag :smile:
:s-smilie: i only prayer when i have my exams lol i need gods help then!! but meh i always hope he can read my mind :biggrin: (not all the time, for stuff i want =/) so yup it was all down to me that india won if i say so myself... lol jkin:wink:

Ha LOL, same. My mum, mad religious woman.

Na, it's 'cos of my constant loyalty and prayers for Team India that they won. I joke, I joke :cool:
leave the freshys alone!! its all about the markets when your down there roflmao u can lower the prices like in india i saved £2 lol!

I am a freshy myself man :wink:
Cricket and curry FTW.

Na, really, I love my freshies :colondollar:
Ha LOL, same. My mum, mad religious woman.

Na, it's 'cos of my constant loyalty and prayers for Team India that they won. I joke, I joke :cool:

lol lets just say all the indians prayin together did it :biggrin:... but the support at the match was amazing too, it always helps to have a good crowd.
LOL, I fully LOVE Lagaan :biggrin:

Afridi is a legend atm, but it makes me laugh when he apologizes to Pakistan, that was enough to make me crack up for like an hour :tongue:

Not only him, I think Shoaib Malik had a habit of doing that aswell. Ha!

Same, no idea of what emotions I felt. Gutted that we couldn't have pulled it back. Happy that it wasn't an outright defeat :smile:

OOOOH Gul's over that Sehwag smashed for 21/22 runs (can't remember exactly :colondollar: )

Nahh I felt kinda sorry for him tbh...but happy as well :wink:

Yeah while that was awesome lets not forget the curses we gave him (or atleast i did) when he got out in the final :angry:
I am a freshy myself man :wink:
Cricket and curry FTW.

Na, really, I love my freshies :colondollar:

lol, i like my freshy cousins there the best when it comes to cricket, u can see how serious they get when its cricket time, when the match is going and u tlk there like chup!!!!! like okk:confused: curry ftw but not all the time:frown:
mumbai, chennai and pune look good so far.
lol lets just say all the indians prayin together did it :biggrin:... but the support at the match was amazing too, it always helps to have a good crowd.

Cool, agreed :tongue:

Yup, but just imagine what would have happened to the 'loyal and loving crowd' if India had lost :frown:
At least you were there!! i was stuck in college doing psychology and biology -.-

aha guess ur right lol..couldnt u bunk it though? :biggrin:
Cool, agreed :tongue:

Yup, but just imagine what would have happened to the 'loyal and loving crowd' if India had lost :frown:

it would suck, but i gota admit when tendukar got out in the last match it was a buzz kill, everyones faces dropped but hes a legend no doubt bout that:smile:
aha guess ur right lol..couldnt u bunk it though? :biggrin:

i would but yeh it would be quite obvious when a indians missing in class while the india match is going lol! :wink:
lol, i like my freshy cousins there the best when it comes to cricket, u can see how serious they get when its cricket time, when the match is going and u tlk there like chup!!!!! like okk:confused: curry ftw but not all the time:frown:

I'm awful during cricket matches. I can't sit down when it gets tense and I am allowed to talk, but if I'm listening to the commentary and my sister says something, I like scream at her.

Sixes and fours are cheered for. I SCREECH when wickets are taken.

Basically, I'm a freshy fool who screams at her TV like a psycho :tongue:

Oh and curry only sometimes, couldn't just eat curry...I'd die :mad:
Bless :biggrin:

Southall makes me LOL. Freshy central :tongue:

oh well it was a 'fail-fail' situation for me...either that or I stayed back at Stockton which is...well I havent seen any asians here in normal life other than taxi drivers!

lol yeah i couldnt believe it was London when i saw the videos!
I'm awful during cricket matches. I can't sit down when it gets tense and I am allowed to talk, but if I'm listening to the commentary and my sister says something, I like scream at her.

Sixes and fours are cheered for. I SCREECH when wickets are taken.

Basically, I'm a freshy fool who screams at her TV like a psycho :tongue:

Oh and curry only sometimes, couldn't just eat curry...I'd die :mad:

lol its all good unless your holding a cricket ball and sling it at your tv in anger lol, my cousin broke his tv... but yeh watching india play just changes the atmosphere.

lol bout the curry my mum makes like 3 diff things like, curry, white people food and what ever else someone wants lol!:biggrin:
Nahh I felt kinda sorry for him tbh...but happy as well :wink:

Yeah while that was awesome lets not forget the curses we gave him (or atleast i did) when he got out in the final :angry:

LOL, if Sehwag had got out by run out or a stupid shot, I would have fricken killed him with words :tongue:

But LBW can be forgiven. However, I was being all 'old religious superstitious Indian grandmother' saying it was a sign that India was going to lose.

When Tendulkar got out I kinda had tears in my eyes and just grumpy and depressed. Then Kohli came out :wink:

His partnership with Gambhir :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Then Dhoni....LEGEND :heart:

AMAZING (I am now grinning like a freak again...happens everytime someone mentions WC final)
lol its all good unless your holding a cricket ball and sling it at your tv in anger lol, my cousin broke his tv... but yeh watching india play just changes the atmosphere.

lol bout the curry my mum makes like 3 diff things like, curry, white people food and what ever else someone wants lol!:biggrin:

Haa LOL. "white people food"....same here :tongue:

India vs ANYONE = epic atmosphere. I have to wake up early, have a shower, wear my India shirt and then just sit down and NOT MOVE (unless I need a wee, and I only go during ads or when my dad is there so he can "look after the players" , just in case something "BAD" happens :tongue: )

Latest