The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Hey everyone

I'm just creating this thread for those who have applied to Woodhouse, for a place in September 2011. Who has received a reply from them? I'm still waiting for a reply :smile:

Past, present and future students are welcome to post as well as those who have or had applied to this college once. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've applied, got the interview, failed and have now applied to be on the waiting list.
Awesome :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by dabest2500
I've applied, got the interview, failed and have now applied to be on the waiting list.
Awesome :frown:

I hear the waiting list moves very fast, so you still have a chance :smile: I think I may be joining you on that waiting list soon =/

I still haven't even gotten a reply yet, and the thing that scares me the most is that apparently they send offers out by departments, and a girl I know got her offer yesterday and she chose the same subjects as me :frown: Maybe it's a rejection for me. Oh wells :redface:
Great!
Hopefully people reject woodhouse to give them a taste of their own medicine :wink:
Reply 4
Great!
Hopefully people reject woodhouse to give them a taste of their own medicine :wink:

LOL! Then they'll come running back to us :tongue: Ahaha!
It's important not to feel demotivated if you do get rejected anyway.
You need to get good exam results first!
People that do get offered a place may fail their exams :colone::tongue:
Reply 6
Yeah =/ I hear Woodhouse is overrated anyways, and it's not the BEST. What subjects did you apply for and what were your predicted grades when you applied? :smile:
I've applied but not heard from them yet. I was certain I'd hear something today, but nothing :/ I think I'll be waiting listed :frown:
Woodhouse would have been a nice choice for me, about 25 minutes from my house.
I applied for Maths, Further Maths, Physics, ICT.
I would have done Chemistry but I'm not good at it, just scrapped an A at GCSE with 325 UMS (5 UMS in).
I really hope ICT isn't the same as GCSE level, I would hate it!
My interviewer was criticising my ICT choice too.
Predicted grades (my sciences should be Chemistry, Physics and Biology):

English C1
Maths A*1
Science A1
Additional Science A1
Triple Science A1
Business Studies B1
Citizenship C1
ICT Distinction
RE C2

Not great :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by nerdfighter28
I've applied but not heard from them yet. I was certain I'd hear something today, but nothing :/ I think I'll be waiting listed :frown:

Awwh, me too! Lot's of people who applied for the Sciences got their offers yesterday-I'm seriously worried now! The mail has arrived, but no letter from Woodhouse :frown: I think I'll be waiting listed, too. I emailed them today, asking about how they send offers out so when I get a reply, I'll update you :smile:

Woodhouse would have been a nice choice for me, about 25 minutes from my house.
I applied for Maths, Further Maths, Physics, ICT.
I would have done Chemistry but I'm not good at it, just scrapped an A at GCSE with 325 UMS (5 UMS in).
I really hope ICT isn't the same as GCSE level, I would hate it!
My interviewer was criticising my ICT choice too.
Predicted grades (my sciences should be Chemistry, Physics and Biology):

English C1
Maths A*1
Science A1
Additional Science A1
Triple Science A1
Business Studies B1
Citizenship C1
ICT Distinction
RE C2

Not great :frown:

Those are awesome grades! You got A's and A*'s in the subjects you wanted to do, so why didn't they offer you a place?!

Do you guys do any extra-curricular activities?
Reply 10
I got a reply to my email. I asked about when we will hear from them...this is what they replied:

Letters regarding the outcome of interviews are going out this week. If you have not received anything by Friday please call the college to chase this for you. Due to the large number of letters going out we can only send them out in batches. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes

OMG This is so daunting! We should know the outcome of our applications by this Friday...:eek:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
I've been to woodhouse college :awesome:
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Those are awesome grades! You got A's and A*'s in the subjects you wanted to do, so why didn't they offer you a place?!

Do you guys do any extra-curricular activities?

My interview wasn't great to be honest :frown:
I had certificates of previous karate gradings (up to green belt), tennis tournaments and certificates from school.
My interviewer didn't even ask to see them, nor did he ask why I wanted to go to Woodhouse :s-smilie:
We had a little chat about go karts and cars but he had limited knowledge so that didn't go too far.
He wasn't happy with my A1s either, he said let's push those up to A*s...

I got a reply to my email. I asked about when we will hear from them...this is what they replied:

Letters regarding the outcome of interviews are going out this week. If you have not received anything by Friday please call the college to chase this for you. Due to the large number of letters going out we can only send them out in batches. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes

OMG This is so daunting!

Good luck :smile:

Original post by j.laurence

And is it all that?
Reply 13

I want to go there! How did you find it, and what years did you attend? :smile:
Reply 14
x
And is it all that?

It's cool when I went, the teachers are brilliant and yeah it does live up to its reputation

I want to go there! How did you find it, and what years did you attend? :smile:

At first I didn't think it was going to be all that, I chose Business, Economics and Mathematics.. but after a few weeks I really started to enjoy it, the teachers do a great job in helping you achieve the highest grades and the people that go there are really cool aswell, bare fit gyalz :colone: lol. I left last year, but good luck and if you get in you will really enjoy it there :smile:
It's cool when I went, the teachers are brilliant and yeah it does live up to its reputation

At first I didn't think it was going to be all that, I chose Business, Economics and Mathematics.. but after a few weeks I really started to enjoy it, the teachers do a great job in helping you achieve the highest grades and the people that go there are really cool aswell, bare fit gyalz :colone: lol. I left last year, but good luck and if you get in you will really enjoy it there :smile:

That makes it good and bad in a way.
Brilliant if you get in but disappointing if you don't.
Did you get in straight away or was did you have to go on the waiting list.
Reply 16
That makes it good and bad in a way.
Brilliant if you get in but disappointing if you don't.
Did you get in straight away or was did you have to go on the waiting list.

I was on the waiting list aswell so you have just as much chance getting in, good luck mate
I was on the waiting list aswell so you have just as much chance getting in, good luck mate

When did you receive a reply to know that you got in by?
Reply 18
When did you receive a reply to know that you got in by?

Ermm it was a last minute decision they made I think i got the letter around june/july during the holidays
Ermm it was a last minute decision they made I think i got the letter around june/july during the holidays

That's given me some hope :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending